SS ZU: Procrastinasian vs yovan33321
SS ZU: T0T0DI!E vs EviGaro
SS ZU: Xayah vs avarice
SM ZU: TJ vs RawMelon
SM ZU: LPY vs For the Bois
ORAS ZU: a fruitshop owner vs Aaronboyer
BW ZU: Sificon vs Tack :]
DPP ZU: neomon vs zS
ORAS ZU, BW ZU, DPP ZU - challenge in ORAS PU, BW PU, DPP PU respectively. Please keep illegalities in mind.

Deadline is Sunday, August 16th, 11:59 PM GMT-4.
Battles are to be public. Replays may be hidden. I recommend playing on smogtours.psim.us for the chance to recreate a battle should a timeout happen as a result of a disconnect.

Last edited:
Fiery Flamencos (4) vs (4) Lucky Stunkys
SS ZU: kay vs Ho3nConfirm3d
SS ZU: SOMALIA vs Tuthur1
SS ZU: Kiyo vs CashKP
SM ZU: DurzaOffTopic vs Feliburn
SM ZU: Finchinator vs z3ll1
ORAS ZU: Thiago Nunes vs Haund
BW ZU: Ren-chon vs SpacialRendevous
DPP ZU: Heysup vs Cigtar
I expect Ho3ns team to win SS here since the team has more overall knowledge but Durzas team is stronger in old gens. Personal highlights: kay x Ho3n, SOMALIA x Tuthur and Durza x Feliburn

Woke Galarian Slowpokes (4) vs (4) Humilau Hakamo-Os
SS ZU: T0T0DI!E vs EviGaro
SM ZU: TJ vs RawMelon
ORAS ZU: a fruitshop owner vs Aaronboyer
BW ZU: Sificon vs Tack :]
Kinda similar to the match above, UCs team seems to have a stronger SS but fruits has a more versatile old gens core, while the Hakas are mosly relying on Tack there. Also sad we missed LPY x Rawmelon on week 1 :(. Personal highlights: Procras x Yovan, TJ x Raw, Fruits x Aaron

Prediction time!

The Last of the Silvallies (6) vs (2) Pay Day Persians
SS ZU: MZ vs zugubu royale - Could go either way, but zugubu has the homefield advantage and came off an impressive Ladder Tour performance
SS ZU: UBERLandon21 vs Sciroccoo
SS ZU: czim vs OranBerryBlissey10 - I trust in czim's overall teambuilding and playing a little more (sorry fellow thwackey)
SM ZU: 85percent vs tlenit1
SM ZU: Quagg vs Velvet Blood - Quaggoat
ORAS ZU: gorex vs 5gen
BW ZU: DnB vs SBPC
DPP ZU: Toy Time King vs 275p - TTK has more DPP experience, though 275 is skilled enough to where it's not entirely in TTK's favor

Woke Galarian Slowpokes (3) vs (4) Humilau Hakamo-Os
SS ZU: T0T0DI!E vs EviGaro - I think Evi is the better player, though Totodile has the advantage of more meta knowledge/SS ZU experience
SM ZU: TJ vs RawMelon - About 45/55: Raw has the advantage, but TJ is incredibly skilled as well, so it'll likely come down to who can play better
ORAS ZU: a fruitshop owner vs Aaronboyer - blalib does his calculations by hand to prevent computer error, there's no way he loses
BW ZU: Sificon vs Tack :] - Tack is a winner

Highlights:
SS ZU: kay vs Ho3nConfirm3d - Ho3n is most likely an uncontested pick for top3 SS ZU players right now. However, kay has been seriously motivated since his return to ZU and is what I believe to be the best bargain of the entire draft. Regardless, this is sure to be a great matchup and is my top match this week.

ORAS ZU: a fruitshop owner vs Aaronboyer - This one is very interesting to me. While I would generally consider blalib the better player overall, I think Aaron has a sizable advantage in experience and knowledge when it comes to ORAS and is more than competent enough to secure a win if he has the tools.

SM ZU: TJ vs RawMelon - Perhaps the most hyped up ZU mainer and the second most decorated player (only to ribbon god Pohjis) of last generation has had a relatively poor showing in the teamtours he participated in last year. Rawmelon has been almost nowhere to be found since he stepped down from council some time ago, with a disappearance similar to Light Plate except he has finally resurfaced again. He claims he has kept up with the meta from the shadows, but we’ll see how he progresses throughout the season and if there is any rust to shake off. On the other hand, TJ, despite not being extremely involved in the ZU community, has had plenty of team tour experience with ZU over the last year and has always impressed me with his play. I’m gonna give TJ a 70-30 edge here going into week one, but if Rawmelon somehow shows up in prime condition we might have a different story on our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)