Tournament ZUPL III - Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

art by SnorkleDove

Standings

Week 4

:ss/hakamo-o: vs :ss/persian:
(2) Humilau Hakamo-os vs. Pay Day Persians (6)
SS: Tuthur vs. OranBerryBlissey10
SS: Feliburn vs. Hitmonstars
SS: pokemonisfun vs. Landon
SS: Louna vs. PrinceOfAllTacos
SM: Pujo vs. LPY
ORAS: Alkione vs. 5gen
BW: Tack vs. SBPC
DPP: The Strap vs beauts

:ss/morpeko: vs :ss/butterfree:
(4) Morpeek-A-Boos vs. To Pimp A Butterfree (4)
SS: TheFranklin vs. Drud
SS: czim vs. Greybaum
SS: Jett vs. sensei axew
SS: EviGaro vs. tlenit
SM: a fruitshop owner vs. Beksel
ORAS: Toto vs. zS
BW: BloodAce vs. DnB
DPP: neomon vs. SpacialRendevous

:ss/oricorio: vs :ss/stunky:
(5) Fiery Flamencos vs. Lucky Stunkys (3)
SS: kay vs. yovan33321
SS: daniYSB vs. TJ
SS: Mirbro vs. Luck O' the Irish
SS: avarice vs. freezai
SM: Rav3 vs. Chokepic
ORAS: watashi vs. S1nn0hC0nfirm3d
BW: roxiee vs. JonAmon 25
DPP: Heysup vs. Cigtar

It should go without saying but this guy.............

:ss/rotom-frost:

is banned and not allowed in SS games!

For matchups in ORAS, BW, and DPP: Please challenge in ORAS PU, BW PU, and DPP PU, respectively! Please keep illegalities in mind. If a banned mon is brought into these battles, it's an automatic loss. No excuses!

Deadline for this week is Sunday, September 19th at 11:59 pm GMT-4

Good luck and have fun to all!​

Last edited:
Gonna do some predicts this week to get it off with a good start:

(5) Humilau Hakamo-os vs. Pay Day Persians (3)

SS: Tuthur vs. OranBerryBlissey10 (65/35)
Tuthur is consistent in this ZUPL varying its playstyle. Last week he prepared the team against kay but due to the fact that he didn't play means that for this game he might have a prepared team and one week more of testing. OBB has broken the bad streak that he had against kay and thefranklin winning against tlenit. Good match to see.

SS: Feliburn vs. Hitmonstars (60/40)
Both players need to redeem themselves after 1-2 in these 3 weeks. I go in the edge for Feliburn because he is more experienced in Pokémon and ZU than Hitmonstars but the later is a rising star (not rising glory haha).

SS: pokemonisfun vs. Landon (40/60)
Pif started nicely this ZUPL but after two weeks he is in 1-2. Landon started conversely with a loss and now he is consistently winning. If Landon plays as he knows he will be winning this week against pif which he is trying to play more offensively after its stall was broken by Luck O Irish.

SS: Louna vs. PrinceOfAllTacos (70/30)
Louna is increasing its experience in Pokémon and ZU in this PL. PrinceOfAllTacos just started last week although it did correctly. I am a bit lost in this match but Louna is shining right now.

SM: Pujo vs. LPY (40/60)
Tough match and nice to watch it. Both amazing players but LPY is becoming more consistent with weeks going after losing first week against Rav3. Yoshi is more pink right now that in the beginning.

ORAS: Alkione vs. 5gen (40/60)
Although Alkione is very well known in competitive, 5gen is a full gen competitor in ZU. After a loss against watashi, which is a God and it is at 3-0 streak, 5gen is sharping its skills in ORAS.

BW: Tack vs. SBPC (60/40)
Highlight of the week in these two teams. SBPC knows very well the tier and generation but Tack is doing soooo well this ZUPL. SBPC needs to redeem but if they play until know, Tack tacks the win.

DPP: The Strap vs beauts (65/35)
Good mup in DPP which is a gen that I like more than before. The Strap is the strap, nothing to say. 2-1 streak is good against beauts that is losing for (1-2). Beyond that The Strap has been playing 3 weeks on DPP while beauts just only one that he lost.

(5) Morpeek-A-Boos vs. To Pimp A Butterfree (3)

SS: TheFranklin vs. Drud (40/60)
TheFranklin only lost against Louna first week but after that he won the last two weeks (2-1). However, Drud is practicing a ton and he is in a positive streak 2-1 so I need to go on edge on it. Good game to watch and, after reviewing it, it is a more even one than I had previously thought.

SS: czim vs. [Bolding]Greybaum[Bolding] (60/40)
Good match for this week. Czim is 0-3 unexpectedly and needs to redeem itself. I think now with Rotom-frost gone he will be able to build fast and solid and he will be able to take the win against Greybaum who has been playing SM correctly and is playing SS for NFEPL.

SS: Jett vs. sensei axew (55/45)
Jett is playing a ton both NFE and ZU for both PLs. However, sensei axew is doing also quite nicely this ZUPL. This is an even match that I wanna watch and just going an edge to Jett bc he is playin a bit more than sensei (imo).

SS: EviGaro vs. tlenit (45/55)
I love tlenit. You know it. But he is in a losing streak (1-2) and I think he is preparing for SCL and he is also playing for NFEPL. If it gets time to build and cheese he can get the win and also redeem himself. However, EviGaro started badly but it is getting better. Tough match but I would go to tlenit.

SM: a fruitshop owner vs. Beksel (75/25)
Good match with a good SM player (Beksel) and one of the best SM players (own itself). I hope this match will be fun but I cannot see owner losing as it has more games and experience in this ZUPL than Beksel.

ORAS: Toto vs. zS (65/35)
Toto is gotta have the win here after winning against Hoen in the last week. zS can do a surprise but Toto is preparing with time and scouting afaik.

BW: BloodAce vs. DnB (40/60)
The highlight of this week. BA is not doing so well this ZUPL but he knows BW deeply at the same level as DnB who is winning in a 2-1 streak. DnB is too good in BW that I can see it barely winning.

DPP: neomon vs. SpacialRendevous (65/35)
neomon? DPPmon? I know this guy and it loves DPP. One of the best players imo of DPP ZU. Heysup against it in later weeks will be a good highlight. Here I just go him winning bc Spacial lost against Heysup and won against Beauts which had no previous experience in DPP in this ZUPL.

LET'S GO FLAMENCOOOOS!

Last edited:

Drud

is a Tutor Alumnus
PUPL Champion
SS: Tuthur vs. OranBerryBlissey10 - obb10 hasn't impressed me while tuthur seems to know what he's doing
SS: Feliburn vs. Hitmonstars - both are 1-2, but even though i haven't liked the teams feli's been using, it's hard to predict against him
SS: pokemonisfun vs. Landon - i rly don't know, both haven't rly impressed me as much as i was expecting from them
SS: Louna vs. PrinceOfAllTacos - still not sure who princeofalltacos is and louna is a solid player so i feel comfortable picking them here
SM: Pujo vs. LPY - pujo is coming off of a nice win but lpy has been doing well and should be more experienced with the tier
ORAS: Alkione vs. 5gen - alkione is a capable player and i could see him taking this but it's pretty hard to bold against 5gen
BW: Tack vs. SBPC - it's bw zu so everyone loses
DPP: The Strap vs beauts - skysolo has been playing well as expected while beauts hasn't rly done anything impressive

SS: kay vs. yovan33321 - i could def see yovan33321 winning but assuming kay gets back into his regular form he should be favored here
SS: daniYSB vs. TJ - dani is good but i trust tj's playing ability a bit more here tho i wouldn't be that surprised to see dani win
SS: Mirbro vs. Luck O' the Irish - godbro doesn't lose (except vs my team)
SS: avarice vs. DugZa - idk dugza hasn't been impressive i lost to him because i choked 5 turns in a row not because he played well
SM: Rav3 vs. Chokepic - idk much about either player and they're both negative so i have no clue what to expect here
ORAS: watashi vs. S1nn0hC0nfirm3d - i'd bold watashi against everyone, ho3n should put up a decent fight at worst though and could surprise in the builder
BW: roxiee vs. JonAmon 25 - once again it's bw zu so everyone loses
DPP: Heysup vs. Cigtar - heysup has expectedly been doing well, cigtar not so much

Last edited:

Greybaum

GENTLEMAN, THIS IS DEMOCRACY MANIFEST
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I don't know much about any tier below SM but I'll predict them all anyway

SS: Tuthur vs. OranBerryBlissey10 - Tuthur is a better player and historically has had better teams than the stuff OBB builds. He's got all the momentum going into this after beating czim too, there's every chance OBB cheeses him but I'm bolding Tuthur.
SS: Feliburn vs. Hitmonstars - Largely depends on who's doing the building. Unlike OBB, I fully expect Hitmonstars to be receiving team support, and if that comes from 5gen he's probably winning. Feliburn is a better player even after you account for the difference in SS ZU experience, but not enough to overcome the edge that comes from 5gen teams vs Tuthur teams.
SS: pokemonisfun vs. Landon - Both players are about even when it comes to SS ZU but pif is going to need a lot more team support, whereas Landon is a decent builder on his own and can just have 5gen and OBB fold over the rough creases. I rate Landon & 5gen higher than pif & Tuthur.
SS: Louna vs. PrinceOfAllTacos - Unlike with Feliburn/pif I consider the difference between Louna and their(?) opponent to be strong enough to overcome the build edge, could be wrong though.
SM: Pujo vs. LPY - LPY is the goat and Pujo has so far only played 1 game and brought rain. Big ups to LPY here.

ORAS: Alkione vs. 5gen - 5gen would win this in an unfamiliar tier, but he's especially highly rated in this one so I can't not bold him.
BW: Tack vs. SBPC - Feels like these two play in every single tour and I refuse to bold either of them
DPP: The Strap vs beauts - As far as I know neither of these people play the tier religiously? But The Strap is a noted good player™ who gets drafted in tours like SCL and beauts isn't.

SS: kay vs. yovan33321 - kay is the best overall player in the tour. In fact, almost everyone in this tour is better than yovan. yovan makes no good plays, yovan makes no good teams, but yovan has results. Does he pray to a dark lord? Has he modified the code of Stockfish to predict exactly what his opp is going to bring? Every single game he brings some unviable nonsense that gets a 6-0 off preview and there is nothing anybody can do about it. I love kay but his only out here is loading up Pyrotoz 5 minutes before his game and rolling with whatever it gives him. It's the only way to stop yovan.
SS: daniYSB vs. TJ - TJ is a better player and I don't think dani is good enough for the kay teams to carry him.
SS: Mirbro vs. Luck O' the Irish - Godbro. The Irish historically have also never been lucky.
SS: avarice vs. DugZa - avarice is better and has better team support, there's really not much else I can say here.
SM: Rav3 vs. Chokepic - Chokepic is a sub for RawMelon and Rav3 is a sub for me. This'll be a replay of W1.

ORAS: watashi vs. S1nn0hC0nfirm3d - Ho3n tends to fold to players like watashi and watashi is 3-0 now. No way he loses now.
BW: roxiee vs. JonAmon 25 - what drud said tbh
DPP: Heysup vs. Cigtar - Heysup is the best player in the DPP pool and I don't recall Cigtar having much momentum going into this one.

SS: Tuthur vs. OranBerryBlissey10 - obb10 hasn't impressed me while tuthur seems to know what he's doing
SS: Feliburn vs. Hitmonstars - both are 1-2, but even though i haven't liked the teams feli's been using, it's hard to predict against him
SS: pokemonisfun vs. Landon - i rly don't know, both haven't rly impressed me as much as i was expecting from them
SS: Louna vs. PrinceOfAllTacos - still not sure who princeofalltacos is and louna is a solid player so i feel comfortable picking them here
SM: Pujo vs. LPY - pujo is coming off of a nice win but lpy has been doing well and should be more experienced with the tier
ORAS: Alkione vs. 5gen - alkione is a capable player and i could see him taking this but it's pretty hard to bold against 5gen
BW: Tack vs. SBPC - it's bw zu so everyone loses
DPP: The Strap vs beauts - skysolo has been playing well as expected while beauts hasn't rly done anything impressive

SS: kay vs. yovan33321 - i could def see yovan33321 winning but assuming kay gets back into his regular form he should be favored here
SS: daniYSB vs. TJ - dani is good but i trust tj's playing ability a bit more here tho i wouldn't be that surprised to see dani win
SS: Mirbro vs. Luck O' the Irish - godbro doesn't lose (except vs my team)
SS: avarice vs. DugZa - idk dugza hasn't been impressive i lost to him because i choked 5 turns in a row not because he played well
SM: Rav3 vs. Chokepic - idk much about either player and they're both negative so i have no clue what to expect here
ORAS: watashi vs. S1nn0hC0nfirm3d - i'd bold watashi against everyone, ho3n should put up a decent fight at worst though and could surprise in the builder
BW: roxiee vs. JonAmon 25 - once again it's bw zu so everyone loses
DPP: Heysup vs. Cigtar - heysup has expectedly been doing well, cigtar not so much
I'm a proud total rando

SS: kay vs. yovan33321 - kay is the best overall player in the tour. In fact, almost everyone in this tour is better than yovan. yovan makes no good plays, yovan makes no good teams, but yovan has results. Does he pray to a dark lord? Has he modified the code of Stockfish to predict exactly what his opp is going to bring? Every single game he brings some unviable nonsense that gets a 6-0 off preview and there is nothing anybody can do about it. I love kay but his only out here is loading up Pyrotoz 5 minutes before his game and rolling with whatever it gives him. It's the only way to stop yovan.
Have you something to say Yovan :puff:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)