Pokémon Zygarde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys heard of those two moves?
http://serebii.net/attackdex-xy/thousandwaves.shtml
http://serebii.net/attackdex-xy/thousandarrows.shtml
Is confirmed that they exist, but not the user, even though is very probable that it will be Zygy (maybe with one or TWO other forms). Honestly I don't know which one is more terrifying, but one thing is for sure: Zygard (alternate form/s?) will sky rocket to Ubers.

EDIT: and maybe finally that f*cking washing maschine will drop in usage. I hate that thing.

Have you guys heard of those two moves?
http://serebii.net/attackdex-xy/thousandwaves.shtml
http://serebii.net/attackdex-xy/thousandarrows.shtml
Is confirmed that they exist, but not the user, even though is very probable that it will be Zygy (maybe with one or TWO other forms). Honestly I don't know which one is more terrifying, but one thing is for sure: Zygard (alternate form/s?) will sky rocket to Ubers.

EDIT: and maybe finally that f*cking washing maschine will drop in usage. I hate that thing.
Not sure, but I guarantee that those moves come from Zygarde's weird weak earthquake move if these are Zygarde's moves. Thousand arrows is probably the better of the two BTW unless Thousand waves also causes damage every turn.

Not sure, but I guarantee that those moves come from Zygarde's weird weak earthquake move if these are Zygarde's moves. Thousand arrows is probably the better of the two BTW unless Thousand waves also causes damage every turn.
I don't think there will be this sort of costant damage, but even without it an offensive trapping is absolutely terrible. But on the long run I think that the Arrows will be the better, considering how many flying mons would actually be weak to it. Landorus, Skarmory, Rotom (not confirmed if it works on Levitate, but we can assume it does), and in Ubers Ho-oh would be hardly pressed, between Stone Edge and this jem.

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
I don't think there will be this sort of costant damage, but even without it an offensive trapping is absolutely terrible. But on the long run I think that the Arrows will be the better, considering how many flying mons would actually be weak to it. Landorus, Skarmory, Rotom (not confirmed if it works on Levitate, but we can assume it does), and in Ubers Ho-oh would be hardly pressed, between Stone Edge and this jem.
Doesn't sound so terrible when it has 90 BP.
Though Thousand Arrows is definitely the better of the two. A ground type move that can destroy the likes of Skarmory and Rotom-W sounds extremely good.

Just saw that apparently both of these moves make physical contact. If Zygarde is indeed the one who learns these moves, he'll need to be more careful around Aegislash

If Zygarde uses a Sub Coil set there's little Aegislash can do. Kings Shield stalling won't prove very useful if you just keep Coiling, at which point you have Stone Edge to fall back on if you're seriously concerned about making contact. A Ground move that can hit Flying types would be a boon for Zygardes SubCoil set, being walled by far less

If Zygarde uses a Sub Coil set there's little Aegislash can do. Kings Shield stalling won't prove very useful if you just keep Coiling, at which point you have Stone Edge to fall back on if you're seriously concerned about making contact. A Ground move that can hit Flying types would be a boon for Zygardes SubCoil set, being walled by far less
Is relation to SubCoil, if Thousand Arrows is indeed its signature move, and does hit Levitate in addition to Flying, then the combination of Thousand Arrows and Extreme Speed is unresisted by everything in the game except Shedinja, Gourgeist, and Trevenant; every floating Steel- or Rock-type that would otherwise resist Normal is now hit by Thousand Arrows. If you don't care about the shuffling aspect of the for-now standard Dragon Tail and want a more offensive, revenge-killing nidhogg, Coil / Substitute / Extreme Speed / Thousand Arrows is the way to go. Obviously this is far in advance for whenever the next game exists though... Darn it Z get here quick...

I've been known to dislike speculating on Zygarde's future, but 1000 Arrows sounds really nice.

Seriously though, there's no reason to assume this form of Zygarde will get it, and if he gets another form, there's a decent chance it goes to ubers, so don't count your chickens. . .

Just saw that apparently both of these moves make physical contact. If Zygarde is indeed the one who learns these moves, he'll need to be more careful around Aegislash
I'm pretty sure that's just Serebii's default pattern for Physical moves. And even if that's the case, then according to Serebii it ignores Protect and similar moves anyway.

I'm pretty sure that's just Serebii's default pattern for Physical moves. And even if that's the case, then according to Serebii it ignores Protect and similar moves anyway.
You are wrong about it being not blocked by protect, as I can guarantee this move is copyable by Mirror Move meaning that serebii just has its defaults about this move. Furthermore this means that we know very little about this move and we should not speculate about it.

You are wrong about it being not blocked by protect, as I can guarantee this move is copyable by Mirror Move meaning that serebii just has its defaults about this move. Furthermore this means that we know very little about this move and we should not speculate about it.
That's what I was getting at. The move's attributes looked too silly to not be default behavior.

Why is everyone thinking thousand arrows will be it's signature move. Zygarde has nothing to do with arrows, there is nothing arrow like about it's design.

Wait Zygarde has the shape of an arrow i am dumb.

Well for now we won't be getting it's new form(s) (we're not even sure if it has them, or it) but for now I think it's still a great Pokemon, it's stuck with a useless ability, but on the bright side it has great bulk, average but still usable speed and a fairly decent movepool, mostly saying this because it can learn Extreme Speed, based on my experience with Zygarde I think a mix of the DD set and Coil set works best, DD alone can be done by better things while the defensive Coil set can't hit hard enough until it sets up several turns, this is what I run and some people before me probably have mentioned it but anyway this is what I prefer to use myself:
Adamant Nature
item: Leftovers
EV Spread: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Defense
Moveset: Extreme Speed, Coil, Earthquake, Dragon Tail
It still needs to set up a few turns but with it's bulk and if provided with dual screens support it can pull it off fairly easily, Dragon Tail is mainly there to prevent getting phazed, EQ is really powerful even before setting up and ES is the main reason to use Zygarde in the first place.

Well for now we won't be getting it's new form(s) (we're not even sure if it has them, or it) but for now I think it's still a great Pokemon, it's stuck with a useless ability, but on the bright side it has great bulk, average but still usable speed and a fairly decent movepool, mostly saying this because it can learn Extreme Speed, based on my experience with Zygarde I think a mix of the DD set and Coil set works best, DD alone can be done by better things while the defensive Coil set can't hit hard enough until it sets up several turns, this is what I run and some people before me probably have mentioned it but anyway this is what I prefer to use myself:
Adamant Nature
item: Leftovers
EV Spread: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Defense
Moveset: Extreme Speed, Coil, Earthquake, Dragon Tail
It still needs to set up a few turns but with it's bulk and if provided with dual screens support it can pull it off fairly easily, Dragon Tail is mainly there to prevent getting phazed, EQ is really powerful even before setting up and ES is the main reason to use Zygarde in the first place.
This is my favorite set too! :) As someone posted earlier in the thread, you can get a little more bulk and speed while maintaining that great power by using an EV spread of 252 HP, 136 Attack, 44 Sp. Def and 76 Speed, but if power is your concern, this set works great too. The speed EVs may not be that necessary anyway.

I prefer Substitute + Leftovers,or if not, Lum Berry. Zygarde simply can't afford Burn or Toxic status. I personally like Sub+Coil with EQ and Stone Edge but if Thousand Arrows becomes an option than Sub/Coil with TA/ES will be his new premiere set.

lol, i just realized that now air ballon rotom s has a use now. Finally that troll mon has a use and gamefreak had a reason to give that thing levitate-to counter thousand arrows
(rotom s is rotom spin for those who get confused)

lol, i just realized that now air ballon rotom s has a use now. Finally that troll mon has a use and gamefreak had a reason to give that thing levitate-to counter thousand arrows
(rotom s is rotom spin for those who get confused)
actually not. Thousand Arrows ignores BOTH Levitate and te Flying-Type, and even the Air Balloon. Poor Rotom :(

POOR ROTOM?!?
I'm sorry, but rotom is so annoying. its good to see a counter now. XD
I was referring specifically to Fan-Rotom, which may have had a more valuable niche if 1000 Arrows ignored only the Flying Type or only Levitate.

And the SubCoil variant of Zygarde makes any Rotom which doesn't predict the switch with TrickChoice or WoW cringe.

Well to Standard Rotom-W at least, it becomes set up fodder for SubCoil Zygarde. I fell in love with this set from hating Zygarde with a passion. SubCoil can sweep or put huge dents in a bunch of things, what upsets me is that it is completely walled by Togekiss (Because I prefer Dragon Tail > Stone Edge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)