So what's next for Nintendo?

Mario Kart Wii is already out for most of the world and will be out this Sunday for us in the West. This is great and all, but even for me, it feels like it is coming out pretty soon after Brawl. Infact, all of the anticipated games for Nintendo have already come out.

We got Metroid Prime 3, Smash Bros, Zelda, Mario Galaxy, the new Mario Party, the sequal to Stadium, and of course Mario Kart. All the big titles we are a costumed to have release throughout a nintendo's console's life span have all came out with in the first year and a half, leaving a big gap between the end of the this generation and now. What can we expect to fill in?

First of all, there are some games that really haven't been touched yet. Mario Tennis for example has yet to be seen on the Wii even though Sega and Wii Sports have already done plenty of tennis imo.

There is also Kirby and Donkey Kong, who haven't had a good adventure console game since 64, and I feel like they have been lacking one.

Something that could bring smiles back on fans' faces is the fact that Twilight Princess isn't truly a Wii game, since it was originally made for GCN. When the next one comes (why wouldn't there be a next one?), Nintendo can actually focus on taking the Wii's graphics to their limit. Also, with more time, they could better intertwine the motion controls into the game. I'm sure plenty agree with me that some of the controls seemed forced.

Other than that, there is nothing left but a broad horizon. To me, this is the most exciting of all, yet somewhat scary. Nintendo has been criticized for being stuck in their ways and never daring to venture off from their staple game series. Now, with the Nintendo fanatics satisfied with their classic favorites remade, Nintendo can dare to be more innovative in a new way... not by how they play their old games, but the creation of new games and possibly a new series.

All this and more, are answers maybe answered at the next E3, but until then, we do know to expect Wii Fit sometime soon and Wii Music is still TBA. I have seem to have written myself into a corner so: DISCUSS

I seem to remember hearing somewhere that Super Mario Galaxy 2 was most likely coming in the future, don't quote me on that though.

I really want to see an awesome Kirby game for the Wii though, it's been too long since we've really gotten a real quality Kirby game (Canvas Curse was an awesome game in it's own right, but it doesn't feel like Kirby so much as it feels like a different sort of platformer).

I think a new Kid Icarus is the next thing, i don't really have any proof to support this, but it's been on the air, and with Pit's inclusion on Smash you can never know.

Another Zelda is always a possibility, i mean even the Game Cube had two, and like you already said Twilight Princess is a Game Cube game not exactly a wii game.

I think the possibility of another Star Fox game might happen. There really hasn't been a Star Fox game since Star Fox Armada, which was okay IMO. I enjoyed Star Fox Adventure better though. And then there's the Star Fox for the DS, but that was just a remake to Star Fox 64. So I'm pretty sure Nintendo is planning something for Fox McCloud's future. I just hope Crystal returns.

And probably another Fire Emblem.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why does everyone forget about Jungle Beat? People bash it for the controls without even playing it. It was a good title.

Fishin, Kirby Squeak Squad is good from what I've heard. Mario Galaxy 2 was something Miyamoto said he wouldn't mind doing or something. I wouldn't expect a Mario Galaxy 2 anytime soon though.

Reggie said Nintendo would make announcements at E3 (July). I guess we'll have to hold out for that? At least this means we'll actually get something at E3 unlike last year. Last year they spent more time showing YouTube montages and saying "WE ARE AWESOME AND SUCCESSFUL" than anything else.

The only Wii game that I will be purchasing Day 1 this year is Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Will probably get Mario Kart when I see it cheap. I probably won't pick up Wii Fit as it doesn't interest me. I have no idea what's going on with Project HAMMER or Day of Crisis. Heck, I'm not even sure if that was the name of Day of Crisis due to how long it's been since they were announced.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It'd be cool if they did a new super-updated 3D version of Secret of Mana. That SNES game was awesome.

Yes, the last E3 was a little disappointing on Nintendo's side. The youtube montages became a little old and tiring. But I'm hopeful for this year.

I actually have a few games I need to catch up on for the Wii, when I get it. Super Paper Mario, Brawl (of course), Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, definitely Tales of Symphonia, Dawn of the New World. That's about all the ones I can think of right now, but those are the ones that I really want to play.

How could i forget!.

If i recall correctly, on an interview (can't find source now, bear with me) Golden Sun creators said they were asked by nintendo to make the third game of the saga. While they couldn't because they were working on something else, i think in the future this is going to happen, if not is already being made.

I think it would be nice to see it jump to a big platform or just to the DS, either way i would like to see this happen.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Resident Evil is a Capcom franchise. The next main series game will be on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

NESgamer, I'm pretty sure they've never said that. Any questions about Golden Sun 3 have been responded with something along the lines of "It's not out of the question".

Nintendo needs to put some new stuff out other than sequels. Although I love playing some of them I'm getting a bit ancy to play something new. Now that they have released sequels for just about everything I would like them to think about more innovation in their games rather than milking the old stuff.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
How about some new IPs? Granted we all want to see a new console Zelda but how about a new revolutionary character or story or something new. The GameCube introduced Pikmin and since then the consoles haven't had any new IPs. Hell I will even take a total revamp of a current IP, remember that Zelda: Future April Fool's Joke? That seems like it would be an amazing game, but Nintendo continues to put out the same game over and over.

Oh and localize Mother 3 and make a new console Mother, but that will never happen.

Well, Super Mario Sluggers should come out some within a year, but I dunno. Also, the 3rd version of D/P will eventually come out, but dunno when.

Anything other than that has pretty much been mentioned.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
When Sakurai said on the Dojo that it must be hard for a new character-driven series because of the gap between pokemon and pikmin, I was thinking "or Nintendo just needs to stop beating the horse that died ages ago and get some fucking creativity for once." Maybe they'll do it now? Meh, I doubt it. They seem unable to come up with an original idea anymore.

Itoi said he's not planning on ever making a Mother 4.

Series I wouldn't mind having added on to:

Panel de Pon: Japan/Europe saw an enhanced remake of this obscure Japanese Puzzle game for Game Cube. the US needs a version of it, too. Technically, they brought i tot the US, but they got rid of all the original characters and replaced them with Mario ones (Ala Super Mario Bros 2) and renamed it Tetris Attack.

Densetsu no Starfy - It's been a while since the star-staped hero has had a game

-Magical Vacation. The first game was a Japan only for GBA. Magical Vacation 2 was brought to the US under the name of Magical Starsign for the DS.

-Gamefreak should pick up on its other games, like Jerry Boy, Pulseman, and Drill Dozer. Pulseman(Their 1994 Sega Genesis Game) made it onto the Virtual Console in Japan. They should bring it to the US like they did with Sin and Punishment. Speaking of which...

-Sin and Punishment: An N64 Rail Shooter that only recently made it to the US via Virtual Console. It did quite good in japan, and I'm suprised they never expanded on it.

And then there's the Star Fox for the DS, but that was just a remake to Star Fox 64.
The DS one isn't a remake of the 64 one...if anything it has more in common with Star Fox 2 which was unreleased. But it's definitely a new game and not just a remake. And agreeing that DK Jungle Beat was a sweet game. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mario Golf/Tennis in the upcoming future. In relation to Zelda http://kotaku.com/381270/zelda-team-working-on-new-games
I'm just assuming that that means another Wii title, but I suppose it could be a DS game. Or both. Either way, who knows when that'll be out

I'm actually curious as to whether they'll ever come out with a good Yoshi title for Wii. I think the last console Yoshi game was Yoshi's Story (meh), and that was back in '98 I believe. I'm not sure whether they've relegated that series solely to handhelds or not, but it was just a thought that crossed my mind.

Yeah Nintendo has to understand people don't want them to drop their old franchises we love them in fact!, fanboys worship them!. We only want Nintendo to make new things, new fresh franchises.

I wouldn't mind like i pointed already if Nintendo bring back some of their old or obscure franchises, how kick ass would be a new Kid Icarus game?, i know i would love it. Even some new version of Mach Rider.

I agree with Zerowing on the whole futuristic Zelda game ,many didn't like the idea but I thought it would make for a new and if done right amazing experience.

Day of Disaster is another game I am waiting for if it ever comes out, looks pretty sick.

GameSpot said:
As for what the developer would like to work on next, Miyamoto said he's looking forward to working on the Wii some more. He also reiterated his desire to make another entry in the Pikmin series of action strategy games.
That's from an article in GameSpot. There will be other Nintendo titles, but I don't think there will be anything big from them until the end of the year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)