Sunday you post too many threads! aaaaaaaa [a RMT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm sick of making teams that fail within 24 hours. This one seems to still be going ok. It's pulled quite a few surprise victorys out of it's hat lately, mainly due to my abuse of the biggest threat in the game. Meh, whatever works...

The Lead

Deoxys-e @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 160 Atk/96 Spd/252 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Psychic
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
I dislike Life Orb, and Lum comes in handy so often. Deoxys lacks the ability to 1HKO many semi-bulky Pokemon even with a SE attack. (I'm mainly talking about leads like Crobat here) Lum berry lets me stay in on their status and get them below 50% HP, forcing a switch. Great coverage and never fails to impress. Cleans up really well (if I need it to) too.

The Setups

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP/84 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Magnet Rise
Steel killer! I've always liked this set. Lovely ability to not only destroy steels but come out with a Sub up at the end of it all. Once Steels are cleared it eases up on Chomp's (and Tar's) attempts to Sweep.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
Awesome revenge killer that deals massive damage to just about anything. Great for weakening down the opponents defences. Sandstorm helps the next Pokes (slightly obvious) stratergy run it's course. It's more of a hinderance to Vappy and Pyroak but on the whole does more good than bad.

The Powerhouse

Garchomp (M) @ Brightpowder
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
Evil in a can. Cheapness too, but I'm sick of losing lol. Subs against faster Pokes until one of their attacks miss, then

The Stallers

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/68 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Surf
- Toxic
- Protect
WishPasser helps improve the overall bulk and longevity of the team. Attacks SE against Dragons are run on 4/6 of my Pokemon so I've sacrificed it here for Toxic (and now that I think about it I should move those Satk EV's into HP) to help wear down walls. Protect works in tandom with this stratergy.

Pyroak (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP/16 Def/240 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Grass Knot
- Will-o-wisp
- Flamethrower
The king of Stalls. Lava Plumes burn rate is ass so I run WoW in the final slot and Flamethrower for a bit more power. It helps me win more stalls and stops switches into Physical attackers. (Don't worry I'll watch out for Tran ^_^ ) Leech Seed and Grass Knot are pretty self-explanatory.

I really can't find fault with your team Sunday (though mind you I tried! D: ) So really, I'm here to give you a -thumbs up- Bump. Good job.

I like how you put the (+X, -Y) things next to your natures. It's just a little thing that I think that everybody should do.

Anyway, yeah, nice team. Speedy leads = awesome, and there's nothing speedier than Deoxys-S! :D

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I like how you put the (+X, -Y) things next to your natures. It's just a little thing that I think that everybody should do.

Anyway, yeah, nice team. Speedy leads = awesome, and there's nothing speedier than Deoxys-S! :D
Shoddy does it automatically for me :)

Thanks Doug, I've added it to the sticky aswell.

Thanks Raikizen.

No Ground immunity is starting to become a sore spot :( Mamo in particular puts a bit of hurt on me and Jolly Scarfchomps a pain. Yes, I did run into one and found out the hard way. I'm concidering maxing Deoxy's Speed (!!!) just for that >.>

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It was actually Hasty, Sunday. :D

Yeah, your Ground problem's looking a bit bad. Especially considering Dugtrio can cripple half of your team (revenges Deoxys with Sucker Punch, Tar and Magnezone...). But I'm having difficulty figuring out how to fix it with out aggravating a SR problem. D:

Sorry, I don't have much time for rating at the moment. Props for Magnezone + Deoxys combo, though. That's awesome.

Maybe put skarm in there to get rid of ground weak and set some hazards that could help your stall. It also does not aggrivate sr weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)