CAP 4 CAP 4 - Art Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
*art*

Here's my old Oho Jee/Oni crossing again in colour. You have no idea how time-consuming it was to have to learn to use such a complicated program completely from scratch but I'm really glad I put in the extra effort. I hope my inexperience doesn't show too much!

I might add spikes to the guy's head if people reallyreally want me to but I probably won't because I'm worried the Pokémon will become too busy if I do.

Hopefully this will receive more feedback than last time...
Actually, instead of adding spikes to the top, I think I have a solution for his spitting Toxic Spikes and regular ones. Perhaps he has more than one row of teeth? And those "teeth" are spikes that can be launched. The poison gas is a result of the poison fermenting in his stomach (hence the poison spikes as well.) I like this one as I think he is cute... Oddly.

Buuuuutttttt..... Cartoon's Daddy Longlegs is definately my choice for Utility pokemon. He screws utility. Access to all those moves. I can see defensively using the hands to ward off physical attacks and guarding his main body by holding the hands in a shielf to surround him. The hands can easily "wipe" spikes away meaning rapid spin.

Leaving off Utility but going for the stats and overall look I have to say I'm all for Zantimonious.

Hey. here's an idea:

it's based on a texan horned lizard. and its coloured a little like an arrow frog. It's designed so that it can fold in its limbs and turn into a top. dont ask me why. anyway, with that said, i think i'll still vote for cartoons...​
While it doesn't scream "I AM TEH UTILITY!" I can see it learning many utility moves (Such as Rapid Spin as he mentioned.) I think it also really gives the feel of a Poison/Ground. I think it would more utilize this if say the spikes on it's head were poisonous or something of the short. It looks bulky and fast. But it loses Spikes and Toxic Spikes in my eye. SR I can see it learning easily, but I don't think that was the plan.

Actually, instead of adding spikes to the top, I think I have a solution for his spitting Toxic Spikes and regular ones. Perhaps he has more than one row of teeth? And those "teeth" are spikes that can be launched. The poison gas is a result of the poison fermenting in his stomach (hence the poison spikes as well.) I like this one as I think he is cute... Oddly.
Thanks for the feedback, this is an interesting suggestion that I hadn't considered. Perhaps an animated sprite could have it chomping its jaws to reveal that behind the clenched grin there are several more rows of teeth...
I was thinking that it could also possibly have small spikes ( almost like sharp pebbles ) all over its back, but I'm not sure if that would still look too busy.

I'm glad you think it's cute. I was aiming for "extremely strange and outlandish, yet strangely adorable." He's the oddball Utility guy. (:

This is why I'd really like Cartoons!'s/my/Absolution's design to win, because I would really like this Pokémon to look the part of the Utility concept. "Badass number four" just really seems unecessary and, in my opinion, unfitting for the role it is to be given. The badassery can cool down for a bit, we've already had three of them in a row. :/

Hot Stuff!

Sorry for the double post by I can't believe I missed this gem. It's also rather large too. That's what I get for skimming the pages. :pirate:

Speaking of which, I made two colour variations on my picture.

I'm not sure which one to stay with, however. Although I'm more fond of the colour scheme on the first one, the body designs look better on the second. I'll leave it up to you guys to help.
On to my opinions! Which of course means I think this is absolutely fantastic! I cannot say how much I truly love this. Working on the actual facts though... I can see this being speedy, a weird thought occuring to me. Using it's hands to run, instead of slither/slide/whathaveyou. That seemed good in my head, not so sure what anyone else may think. The only (and I mean only) problem I have with this is concept related. The spikes/toxic spikes/rapid spin part particularly. I can't see how those would be incorporated into this. I'm rooting for it though if it can somehow work around that. :D

Thanks for the feedback, this is an interesting suggestion that I hadn't considered. Perhaps an animated sprite could have it chomping its jaws to reveal that behind the clenched grin there are several more rows of teeth...
I was thinking that it could also possibly have small spikes ( almost like sharp pebbles ) all over its back, but I'm not sure if that would still look too busy.

I'm glad you think it's cute. I was aiming for "extremely strange and outlandish, yet strangely adorable." He's the oddball Utility guy. (:

This is why I'd really like Cartoons!'s/my/Absolution's design to win, because I would really like this Pokémon to look the part of the Utility concept. "Badass number four" just really seems unecessary and, in my opinion, unfitting for the role it is to be given. The badassery can cool down for a bit, we've already had three of them in a row. :/
Yes, I can see the little 'humps' on his back working into the spikes as well. Though you would have to draw him/her from the view of the trainer so the back of the sprite would have something to work with.

He is very outlandish, and I don't know. I've always had a thing for strang. :)

I can see that's true. Though to be quite honest, I don't find Pyroak to be too sexy. But shhhh. Keep that a secret. Badass is nice every now and then, but Pikachu isn't bad ass, and look at him. Badass has it's place. But when you think utility (Jirachi, Celebi, Forestress) I don't really cringe in fight. Well, scrath that. Jirachi scares the piss out of me. :P

My vote is currently divided between Cartoons, Elagune, Zantimonious, ChronoSquare, Ubermuch and Kizo. I think I'm more torn on who to choose then on any other art project so far in CAP. Amazing job everyone!

Cartoons, that design blows me outta the water!
Its one of the most original ideas I've ever seen, not just in pokemon! I like the 'aspects' of a sort of Claydol pokemon, so it works great! Totally brilliant!
Good luck!

Zantimonious's is simply badass. I can see it learning Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin. It's also fast. It has my vote :D.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
If you had read the rules, you would know that this is clearly not allowed.
Please remove it.

Lorak, the animation is shweet, and Kalidoscope, what the hell IS that?
I take it he didn't ask permission first for being able to render it?

And yay. :D There are a few glitches with it, but I wanted to at least get it up.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Nope, I checked his posts. I really can't see any glitches. Why don't you show it beating up say...Garchomp?

I'm very impressed with all of the drawings, but the top 3 I've seen have to be...

- Gila Monster
- Texan Horned Lizard
- The Poison/Ground snake genie

all 3 great concepts and I dont have a problem if one of them won, I like the them all.

I have to say that the Daddy Arms Legs was pretty amuzing, beating on a blissey haha.

Just wanted to narrow down the best 3 so far

I'm all for Cartoon's Long Legs, but the naga and Smogimp are good as well.

Long Legs justs seems like a utility, while Smogimp doesn't seem ground enough.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Ladies, gentlemen, meet Konjesting.

A Pokemon of a horrifyingly malignant stench, whose smog is able to solidify into soil-like clumps, and turn the most pristine of grassy meadows into barren wastelands. It can then manipulate the ground to assault its foes.

(If anything, Pokemon has taught me that Gen 1 Pokemon can be made into evolutions by clustering them.)

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
That is amazing, if it weren't for the fact that it's a blatant Weezing evolution. I can't see it being fast OR having a high HP/SpD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)