CAP 5 CAP 5 - Concept Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anti-Set Up Pokemon

The current metagame seems totally devoted to having your lead set up Stealth Rock or Light Screen etc. before your opponent does, and it makes the beginning of the battles unexciting, since people are almost eager to sacrfice their leads. We come up with a pokemon that discourages using leads that primarily set up moves, such as Azelf, Bronzong, and Deozys.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Unless you make it faster than Deoxys, it gets shut down. Also, this was brought up earlier in the thread, so please read it before submitting next time.

Edit: Dammit Hyra's right.

Hm... faster than Deoxys you say? okay, 200 Stat points to speed. we are now left with 300 ish for the rest of the stats. But it would probably prove uber like Deoxys, if just because Taunt/Reflect/Light Scree/Stealth Rock is such a good set up.

that's not a serious submission or anything, just me thinking aloud.

Name:Anti-Post Setup
Concept:A pokemon that could reliably come in and negate or at the very least reduce the effectivness of set up moves after they have been performed without having to be a tailor made counter for a specific pokemon.
Unaware Bibarel.
I have to support either Sihk Assassin or HoundoomDude, as HD took my suggestion and bulky revenge killer is pretty awesome.
Yay!

Anti-Substitute

Name: Anti-Substitute

Description: Well, since Substitute has changed this game drastically, with many Pokemon rely on Sub + BP to live, and Subbing for status immunity or Focus Punch, we can now create something to be a complete nightmare for most Substituters.

Name: Sunny Day abuser.
Description:
There are Hail abusers (Glaceon, Frosslass), Rain abusers (... Kingdra and Ludiculo... and all those dry skin pokes.) and Sandstorm abusers (Gliscor and... Garchomp) Despite Sunny having great effects, nobody uses it. The closest to an abuser I can think of would have to be Tropius and Cherrim... not good enough to break out of UU.

Name: Break the Mold

Examples:

Defensive Dragon - Altaria, Dragonite to an extent
Slow Walling Electric - Magnezone
Fast Steel - Jirachi/Lucario to an extent
A grass type with none of the spore/status/seeding shit. Cradilly, Shiftry, Leafeon
Rock special sweeper - Probopass

Name: Sunny Day abuser.
Description:
There are Hail abusers (Glaceon, Frosslass), Rain abusers (... Kingdra and Ludiculo... and all those dry skin pokes.) and Sandstorm abusers (Gliscor and... Garchomp) Despite Sunny having great effects, nobody uses it. The closest to an abuser I can think of would have to be Tropius and Cherrim... not good enough to break out of UU.
Pyroak, being Fire/Grass with STAB Fire Blast and 1-Turn Solar Beam, is already one :D

Name: Bulky Wall-Breaker
Description: A Pokémon that can be used both as a wall and a wall-breaker.
That's an interesting idea, but the stat spread would be insane.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Name: Priority Pokemon
Concept: A Pokemon centered around the use of priority moves - possibly both negative and positive priority.

I feel that this could be a good oppurtunity to make use of the underused priority moves such as Avalanche, and Sucker Punch. Perhaps with typing to gain STAB on one or two priority types.

Concept: A Pokemon centered around the use of priority moves - possibly both negative and positive priority.

I feel that this could be a good oppurtunity to make use of the underused priority moves such as Avalanche, and Sucker Punch. Perhaps with typing to gain STAB on one or two priority types.

I like this one

I could think a few pokemon with +2 posistive priority moves-Lucario, Hitmontop, and Toxicroak.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If I see a submission that is not formatted according to the OP (there are several), I will assume you did not read the OP.

If you don't read my post, I'm not reading yours. Fair is fair...

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Name: Slow, massively hard-hitter
Description:
Think something that can switch in on a choice user using a resisted move, and then the opponent finding it very difficult to switch in without taking a massive hit. This would, of course, be remedied by the fact that this Pokemon is very slow and would not be able to repeatedly attack.

I'mma vote magmortified, that was my submission, but then I deleted it after I saw he'd already posted it... I think we've been playing too much little cup =/

Concept: Atomic Bomb
Description: All the Pokemon in OU today are wimps. We don't have one Pokemon that's powerful and variable enough to strike fear into absolutely everything else that can dream into switching into it; the OU Deoxys-A, so to speak.

Deoxys-A is just an example for comparison purposes; I'd expect our Pokemon to turn out quite different from Deoxys-A, though hopefully just as dangerous. The difference between this Pokemon and something like Lucario or Infernape (since I know someone's going to mention this if I don't address it) is that the aforementioned two Pokemon are fairly easily countered once their movesets are known. Ideally, this would be able to be a heavy threat even once its moveset is learned (and I'm expecting this to be quite a bit more limited than the uncounterable Garchomp in terms of either speed, defenses, or both). The opponent would have to either predict right, or lose a Pokemon.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Concept: Atomic Bomb
Description: All the Pokemon in OU today are wimps. We don't have one Pokemon that's powerful and variable enough to strike fear into absolutely everything else that can dream into switching into it; the OU Deoxys-A, so to speak.

Deoxys-A is just an example for comparison purposes; I'd expect our Pokemon to turn out quite different from Deoxys-A, though hopefully just as dangerous. The difference between this Pokemon and something like Lucario or Infernape (since I know someone's going to mention this if I don't address it) is that the aforementioned two Pokemon are fairly easily countered once their movesets are known. Ideally, this would be able to be a heavy threat even once its moveset is learned (and I'm expecting this to be quite a bit more limited than the uncounterable Garchomp in terms of either speed, defenses, or both). The opponent would have to either predict right, or lose a Pokemon.
Is it just me or does that seem a bit... I don't know. It's a great concept, but there's a lot of things that could go wrong.

Name: Accuracy Abuser (aka Project Sniper)
Description: A pokemon that, while not standing out for either speed or attacking strength, is able to hold its own due to its ability to hit accurately in most, if not all conditions.

Explanation: Originally, I was going to post this concept under the name "Special Machamp", however feeling that it would be written off as a rule violation, I changed it a bit. Any number of things, really, could make this viable, from the No Guard ability set to a wide array of never miss moves. Even Gravity could be of use. I guess another take on this may be to allow lower accuracy, like Blizzard and the like, to hit efficiently. Looking at current discussion in the standard metagame, evasion hax has cost lives, and I believe this is the solution to remedy that.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Name: Physical Wall

Description: Should be sort of like a pseudo Blissey in that it should be able to absorb the majority of Physical attacks, but it should not be without weakness obviously. (like any wall)

Alright, the reason I would love for this to be the concept is that this community has serious wall making problems. I feel like we have the attacking pokemon down, and the last CAP with utility went so well that I don't think it could have gone any better. Unfortunately I'm afraid that we as a group don't know what it takes to make a competetive physical tank without going overboard on attacking stats (See: Revenankh) or making it too weak (See: Pyroak) and we are all so afraid to go that road again that we're avoiding it like the plague. It's no small secret that the metagame is more geared towards physical attacking than Special if only because of Blissey's hold on the market. This is an attempt to not only learn how to make the community's first wall, but to force the physical side of the spectrum to take a hit for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)