The Everything NHL Thread

I'm thinking 4-3 Ott in OT, if only because the place will probably go more nuts over Alfie than we do in Ottawa.
Pretty good prediction.

Did anyone else see the game? Or are you going to have to take my word that Gerber let in 3 weak goals, and Spezza had way too many turnovers? (Not that either of those figures should be that hard to believe...)

Spezza is usually solid so I don't know if all of Ontario hates him when he plays or what but I've never really had a problem and , in fact, he usually is the reason why the Sens first line gets a lot of points since he tends to get the nice primary assists

Spezza is usually solid so I don't know if all of Ontario hates him when he plays or what but I've never really had a problem and , in fact, he usually is the reason why the Sens first line gets a lot of points since he tends to get the nice primary assists
Oh, no question he'll be above 100 points on the year, maybe even 110-120 if he stays healthy. Last year he missed about 10 games and still lead the league in turnovers with 96, though...

I wonder if they count turnovers as passes intercepted as well because that could kind of skew the stat. Like if he passed a lot into the slot and some got intercepted, etc.

I wonder if they count turnovers as passes intercepted as well because that could kind of skew the stat. Like if he passed a lot into the slot and some got intercepted, etc.
To put things in perspective:

Overtime, today. Spezza going through the neutral zone, Alfie's with him. Spezza attempts to get past all 4 Penguins on his own, including a behind-the-back deke at the Penguin blueline. Kennedy intercepts it, comes down the ice, and beats Gerber with a weak wrister (face-off circle, if I recall).

Anyways, for those of you who can watch the wings game on TV, if its on TV, look for me. Behind the visiting net 10 rows up Ill probably have something funny to identify myself so

So were you the third or second line center then on the leafs?
I was second line center, which bugs me off even more..

oh well, I'm back with my leafers, and got Xbox Gold, so i'm good to go for online.

edit - oh, well guess the fuck not. my disc somehow got a ring on it, and unless someone was being retarded, this never should have happened. just when i got my live too.

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
Bought the center ice europe package (full season incl playoffs for 90 dollar) but ofcourse the euro games where blacked out. Watched it tonight on archive (first NYR vs TBL ) game when I found out archived games were finally available.

Really a nice addition for me, especially now I wont be able to check a lot of nightly games due to having a 40 hour workweek (6 days even a week in October till my old job contracts gets ended officially).

Let the fun start \o/

If it's like last year's the archives come like a day or two later usually, they're pretty consistent but it's never day of. Where the hell do you even buy it this year anyway, I couldn't find the link glancing over it :( Although Saturday would have been blacked out for me because it was on the NHL Network thing that I don't get anyway so I guess I haven't missed anything =/

Also, I missed the third period of Pit/Ott(and the first two of Det/Buf) becuase I had to go to a birthday dinner thing for my mother, I kinda feel bad for Auld :( 59:58 of shutout, so close :( Cheezy they scored at that point with the game over anyway but I suppose it's confidence for their PP and it works out nicely for me...

On the Auld note, Aldaron grabbed him while I was busy watching the game. I was less than an hour late...

Sick Wings game with some dirty seats, except for I had some bitch sitting behind me who kept bashing Holmstrom. "Oh Gawwwwd ANOTHER Peeenalty on Holmstrom, a crosscheck, a Thomas Holmstrom Special. That should have beeeeen a peeenalty on us, he hooked him ( in actuality it was Filpula and his stick was being held...). I wanted to turn around and just lambaste the god damn bitch, the way she kept drawing her eeeee's and the way she kept bashing the Wings when she didnt know anything about hockey whatsoever....ugh people

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
If it's like last year's the archives come like a day or two later usually, they're pretty consistent but it's never day of. Where the hell do you even buy it this year anyway, I couldn't find the link glancing over it
Seeing I got the Euro version I'm not sure where you could get it, but for me it's europe.espn360.com, so might be an american version.

We didnt have the archives last year, which was the launch of the euro version, so it would be quite an upgrade.

Yea that was a crazy game, also surprised by the leafs/wings game.

Going to the rangers home opener tonight I'm so excited, should be a good game, Chicago looked pretty good in the pre-season

But with a score of 6-0? Calgary was one of the teams who had some major acquisitions this year (with Cammalleri and Bertuzzi), whereas Vancouver was getting shit on about how they don't have reliable secondary scoring. I also though Kippy would play decently, but 6 goals on 23 shots just doesn't cut it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)