Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of the new Rotom forms, why are they all separate on the tier lists? They only have one unique move each. It is like putting Crobat in the tier list twice because Hypnosis and Brave Bird aren't a legal combination, just like Overheat/Hydropump Rotom. I was looking in the set analysis for Rotom-C and most of the sets either had Leafstorm as an optional move with another 2, or not using Leafstorm at all. And because of how the five new Rotoms are placed seperately in the tier lists, it does not accurately represent the usage of the appliance Rotoms.

Most people generally perfer the fire and water forms over the others, but they're all the same if you don't count the version exclusive moves.
Yeah, that's basically what I mean I guess. Which one has the most useful exclusive move?

Speaking of the new Rotom forms, why are they all separate on the tier lists? They only have one unique move each. It is like putting Crobat in the tier list twice because Hypnosis and Brave Bird aren't a legal combination, just like Overheat/Hydropump Rotom. I was looking in the set analysis for Rotom-C and most of the sets either had Leafstorm as an optional move with another 2, or not using Leafstorm at all. And because of how the five new Rotoms are placed seperately in the tier lists, it does not accurately represent the usage of the appliance Rotoms.
Erm, I don't see them on the on the website's tier list yet...

Is there a reason there is no Doubles server on Shoddy? I think it would be very useful to be able to try out teams for Worlds and other Torneys before taking so much time to construct them for real playing.

Is there a reason there is no Doubles server on Shoddy? I think it would be very useful to be able to try out teams for Worlds and other Torneys before taking so much time to construct them for real playing.
The reason is simply that no one has actually coded a working doubles function for Shoddy.

I think that is because each of the attacks that each Rotom has has different coverage and that makes a somewhat larger difference than the Crobat example, because those are options for Crobat whereas those other Rotoms don't have those other options. Kind of like how Zapdos got Heatwave and can now cover a little more Pokemon than before.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Doubles isn't written in Shoddy, sadly.

Rotom will be tiered the same when they are counted the same in Species Clause (soon).

I need a little bit of help with my Probopass. (WOO!)

I'm not really going to use it in serious battles but I want to use it every now and then against some of my less experienced opponents. I want Explosion on it, so I was thinking something like this:

Earth Power
Thunderbolt
Explosion
Thunder Wave

I would use Stealth Rock, but trust me, I'm tired of using that move and I'm going to mainly be using this guy to try and annoy my opponents a little, so that 30% paralysis rate against a thick Pokemon is gonna really mess with them.
I'd use Magnet Rise but my Magnezone already has that, at least it's faster and can actually pull that off, I don't see how Probo can do it. I could throw Magnet Rise on there and drop either Explosion or Thunder Wave, but I'm not sure if I want to use Magnet Rise either. There's also the always useful Substitute too...
What do you think? I like the set I listed for me. If I don't like it, I can always adjust it, it's not like they're egg moves, which is cool.

My best Nosepass has a Modest nature; I could try the Choice Specs set but I don't want to be locked into any moves, so Leftovers it shall be.

But now my biggest concern is EV spread, which should I shoot for, the
168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe Offensive
or the
252 HP / 168 SpD / 88 Spe Defensive?

I'm not sure if I'll run into Aggron or Steelix at all, but I guess I should put 88 Speed EVs anyway?
Anyone? lol

I found this on GTS:

Blissey lv 46
OT: Tokyo
ID: 60114
Moveset: Wish, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower

Does that look like a real Wish Bliss or is this a hack? IDK the info (like OT/etc) of wish bliss...

I found this on GTS:

Blissey lv 46
OT: Tokyo
ID: 60114
Moveset: Wish, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower

Does that look like a real Wish Bliss or is this a hack? IDK the info (like OT/etc) of wish bliss...
IIRC, Wish Chansey was a NYPC event. The OT and ID match that of a Japanese Pokemon Center event.

In other words, I believe it's hacked.

ARGH

What format does the avatar have to be in... I am trying to put in a small (not annoying) animated gif, but no matter what extension I give it, it won't work. .gif, .mov, .jpg... none of them work. It is 8 kb, 80 x 80 dimensions. Can someone help with this :)

I find your post rather ignorant.

Salamence Analysis

Take a close look at the sets named "Physically Bulky" and "Specially Bulky". Salamence and Shaymin-S have nigh on identical defensive stats. Although Salamence does have the luxury of better typing and Intimidate, it's not anything to be called frail. So neither is Shaymin-S.

'lul'
Mence is in a different category it has Intimidate, along with Dragonite while im at because it has screens at 300+ defense's.

Shaymin cannot be consider bulky it lacks reliable recovery resorting to 25% synthesis in most situations, defense barely scratch 270 even with Maximum EV investment, IV input, the only useful defensive resistances are a resistance to Fighting and a Immunity to ground.

Salemence is hardly comparable to the frail flower that is Shaymin.

Maybe I was to general with my comment, but I do not take back that Shaymin has no bulk. (Sky Forme anyway) Not to say that it cant be but until I'm walled by Shaymin I stand by my word.

Never mind my first question, I have a new one:

Where can I battle trainers to EV in Sp. Attack and Sp. Def? I sorta know where for Sp. Attack, but not a clue for Sp. Defense...

Wasn't there a thread somewhere that showed where the best places were for wild Pokemon and Trainers for EV training?

How legit are your legendaries? The fact that your Deoxys seems to originate from Ruby narrows it down to being either from an event or a big fat hack. I'm leaning towards the latter, as the Advance games were pretty darn picky about trading Mews and Deoxyses, and will refuse to trade obvious hacks (like encounter codes, or "First Pokemon in party is Deoxys" codes) and they're apparently disobedient all of the time.

All of this info comes from lurking GameFAQs, and since they're so hack-happy they'd be a reliable source of finding problems with hacked stuff.
oh. Thanks, My Mew and Deozys came From Bootlegged Games.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What is/are a good pokemon(s) that can cover Scarf'd Jolly Medicham's weaknesses and counters?
Medicham is basically "weak" to any neutral attack in the game, but its main counters are sturdy Psychics without secondary typing weak to an elemental punch. That'd be Cresselia. Tyranitar pairs nicely with Medicham to take care of Cresselia, Dusknoir, and some Spiritomb.

Scarf Medicham is actually really easily walled and kind of "meh", but the above works against CB Medicham.

When EV training, if a lead poke holds a Macho brace and my Magby holds Exp Share, will the Magby get double EVs? What about if the lead holds specialty items like Power Lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)