Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 18 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's some meteorites of some sort around the Resort area blocking paths, how do I get rid of them? I can't seem to remember anything about them.

Where is Light Clay!?

Hey according to Serebii and Bulbapedia you can pick up the hold item Light Clay in Mt Coronet. Any1 know exactly where it is because I can't find it anywhere! :(

Thanks, pm me if you want...

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Countering Blaziken and Magmortar is tricky, and you will usually need to know what set they are running(much like Salamence).

The mixed Blaziken set(the UU standard) is best countered by Moltres if it does not carry HP Electric, and Altaria is the best counter for that set. Bulky waters make a good switch in ONCE, but then are beaten by Superpower and HP Grass.
All special sets can be countered by Chansey.

Magmortar lures in bulky waters but can eliminate them with Thunderbolt. Again, special sets are walled by Chansey, but to this end, Magmortar comes equipped with Focus Punch. A specially defensive Spiritomb might work, as will specially defensive Altaria.

A Flash Fire pokemon works to absorb their STAB attacks, but Arcanine won't like Superpowers from Blaziken.

As you might have noticed, they have VERY similar counters. Be sure to provide paralysis support, and you have a scary offensive duo.

EDIT: This was for use in UU, not OU, right?

Blaziken is countered by Suicune or Hippowdon, and Magmortar by Cresselia and Blissey, according to the analysis. I imagine Swampert counters them both provided neither has HP grass, too. So not that similar according to the analysis, anyway. I've never used either competitively or seen many so yeah.

How do you get Snorlax to learn selfdestruct?

haunter

Banned deucer.
Which of these would be preferred for a walling Gira?

28/28/22/5/29/10 or 26/2/29/10/20/29

Or anyone who can give me a suitable range for IVs so that I can be satisfied and settle on one without further sring... :|
This kind of answers belong to this thread, and by the way, I'd use the first.

Which of these would be preferred for a walling Gira?

28/28/22/5/29/10 or 26/2/29/10/20/29

Or anyone who can give me a suitable range for IVs so that I can be satisfied and settle on one without further sring... :|
The left hand side spread is better. Its not great to have very few evs in either attack or Special attack even for a wall. Both are excellent catches though but the left just clinches it. Speed is not really that neccessary as well on a wall but attack is definitely more. IVs dont make that much difference but generally you want good HP, DEF, Sp.Def Atk/sp.atk. Speed is irrelavant.

This kind of answers belong to this thread.
I agree with this.

Hope this helped

In Battle Hall you can alter your Pokemon between matches, but can I change it? For example, if I have two different Garchomps, can I swap one for the other and continue the streak?

Suicune
CM
Surf
Blizzard
And?
I really need to know what this is being used for, what EVs you're using, what your nature is, and so on but assuming you're using LO Cune I'd use Ice Beam over Blizzard and Hidden Power Electric in the empty spot.

Blizzard is because I use it in Hail :P, And I want to try and get my own (I want my name written all over the best Pokemon ever, not Magniforcer's!), so I really need to know the nature and EVs/IVs I should get.

Seriously why isn't there a NU Ladder in Shoddy? I think if you can make strategies for OU and UU, you should be able to make strategies for NU and have a Ladder yknow.

Sorry if i'm askin basic questions but what do ppl mean by stage 1, 2, and 3 in tier voting?
From here:

Stage 1: Analysis of a single Suspect in a suspect-free standard metagame

Stage 2: Our assessment of Uber or OU for any Suspect's impact on a suspect-free metagame, following the respective Suspect's completion of Stage 1.

Stage 3: Analysis of all the Suspects in the standard metagame with the knowledge of which are considered Uber and OU in a Suspect-free metagame.

For a Battle Frontier team:
Alakazam(Specs)
Salamence(DD)
Scizor/Magnezone?

I'm trying to build a team that doesn't require any difficult to find Pokemon or tricky breeding, so that's why I'm using Zam over, say, Latios, before anyone says something.

haunter

Banned deucer.
For a Battle Frontier team:
Alakazam(Specs)
Salamence(DD)
Scizor/Magnezone?

I'm trying to build a team that doesn't require any difficult to find Pokemon or tricky breeding, so that's why I'm using Zam over, say, Latios, before anyone says something.
I'd say Scizor, I'm using a trick-specs Latios paired with SD Scizor, and it works perfectly in the battle tower because Scizor can easly set up on dark\ghost moves directed at Latios (Alakazam should be fine as well, although it's a lot more frail).

Thanks

From here:

Stage 1: Analysis of a single Suspect in a suspect-free standard metagame

Stage 2: Our assessment of Uber or OU for any Suspect's impact on a suspect-free metagame, following the respective Suspect's completion of Stage 1.

Stage 3: Analysis of all the Suspects in the standard metagame with the knowledge of which are considered Uber and OU in a Suspect-free metagame.
Thanks for helping on that
Any idea when Garchomp, Manaphy and latios are gonna be finished?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)