Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
meh..

Yeah, me too, and I already have paid my flight and the hotel...
meh...I've put lots of time and such into it to, but I'm not really worried. I live right next to St. Louis and Nashville's gonna be fun with my wife and daughter even if I don't get picked. We've got alternate plans already.

Note to everybody too. If I don't get picked for Nashville, and you live near St. Louis and the only thing holding you back is not having time to train a team, email me and I'll gladly send you clones of my IV bred, EV trained, tested pokes. It's not really about winning. I just want to see how good my idea will do. :D

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Are clones legal in the VGC?
From the VGC site...
"Other Information:

The use of external devices to alter the Pokémon in a player’s party is expressly forbidden. Random checks will be performed throughout the tournament to determine whether or not an external device has been used to modify a player’s party. Players found to have Pokémon that have been tampered with will be disqualified from the event, regardless of whether the player tampered with his or her game or received a Pokémon or item that was tampered with by someone other than the player. It is the player’s responsibility to have legal Pokémon. Event officials have the final determination regarding the legality of a Pokémon."

I've never used an "external device to alter the Pokemon". It's the wonderful GTS cloning glitch from Pearl! ^.6 No "external device" involved. No altering the SID. Nothing. Just pulling a fast one on the GTS server! ^.6 It's only as much of a hack as soft reseting or abusing the RNG.

It's like, "Okay Mr. Server, here's my pokemon...OH LOOK! A BIRD! UP THERE! *power off* What? Oh yeeeeeeeeeeah... I gave you that Palkia...of cooooooooooourse I did....NOW JUST GIVE IT BACK PLEASE!!!" ^.6 hee hee!

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
oh yeah...

another important thing.

For those of you who have done well in the tourneys so far, what is a good record for a team in Battle Tower? What's yours if I may ask, for the team you used?

I know, I know, I know, this is not the records thread, but I'm asking only those who have participated in the VGCs so far. And I know it's not the same as battling real people, but it has similar rules, and they seem to get harder (EVs?/IVs?) as you win more in a row, and they are more evolved later, and there are a ...few...good combos (sleep +chesto / Earthquake+Levitate Partner/etc...) and it's good that you go up against L50 Dragonites and Tyranitars (do those exist?!?!) so it is ...something of a gauge if your team totally sucks bawls or not.

So, mine was only hiting like 21 for a couple of trys and then I switched some items and the order of pokes and now i'm up to 56, but it's late so I stopped, but things are going smoothly, so Is that good or not? What are your'all's records (that have done well so far)?

THAAAAAAAAAANX! ^.6

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll definitely be in London with Kinneas, I get extremely nervous just thinking about it.. If I get to play I'm sure I'll be shaking during my matches lol

Yeah, just thinking about London is scary. Just wondering, where's everyone attending London coming from? I'm hoping for a Northern win. =P
Well the testing on NetBattle's been going quite well. Given how everyone who's testing on NetBattle will be a tough fight anyway, I'd say I'm doing quite well.

Yeah, i'm definatly gonna be at London. Should be a fun day, even if I don't get in. I asked a magic 8 ball if I would get in and it said yes, so i'm gonna see if I can trust it or not :p

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I found this story in which they interview Sidd (well I assume is Sidd). If you happen to come across and newspaper or online articles, please post them, I'd like to compile them all in this thread along with the other information on the first post.

I found this story in which they interview Sidd (well I assume is Sidd). If you happen to come across and newspaper or online articles, please post them, I'd like to compile them all in this thread along with the other information on the first post.
Wow, how the hell is my interview online while Huy's isn't?
Thanks for finding it zero anyways. I didn't know what to say, so I made some shit up like "gotta be the best".

Hey does anyone know if using TMs from a cheat device will show up on a pokemon. I had obtained some Earthquakes from a friend and also got some from the Battle Frontier store and got mixed together. Would the people at the VGC know i used the "cheated" one? Did anyone use a TM or items on their pokemon and not get "caught" by the random checks.

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
this isn't the thread to be posting for you can get past the cheating device at the pokemon video game championships.

but i would just throw all the tms away and get a legit one if your so worried.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey does anyone know if using TMs from a cheat device will show up on a pokemon. I had obtained some Earthquakes from a friend and also got some from the Battle Frontier store and got mixed together. Would the people at the VGC know i used the "cheated" one? Did anyone use a TM or items on their pokemon and not get "caught" by the random checks.
I am pretty sure you'll be fine. It's not like the game keeps track of individual TMs and says "oh, this one's hacked" and "this one's legit".

what about items? same thing happened with my choice specs. I got a legit one then i got some from someone hacked. so you think i would just have to restart the game and make sure i have the legit one just to be safe.

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
what about items? same thing happened with my choice specs. I got a legit one then i got some from someone hacked. so you think i would just have to restart the game and make sure i have the legit one just to be safe.
dont restart your game. just throw away the items then go buy one yourself.

No, it doesn't matter if the item's hacked, which eitherways doesn't matter. They only check your Pokemon, and if you hacked a TM and used it, it still doesn't matter. I used a few hacked TM's before the day of the VGC, and mines all passed for legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)