Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering when you do shoddy battle is there a rule against all 31 IV's because six thirty one IV pokemon seem very unrealistic. Should we make our teams realistic.

Naah, the point is to simulate, not to be realistic. The process is supposed to be as constant as possible. Plus, I have seen people breed their Pokemon to such an extent that they have all 31 IVs without Action Replay. To many, that is the ultimate Pokemon-breeding goal!

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
the hover-over tool-tips are showing up for me (globally) as nothing but empty boxes. i've tried uninstalling->reinstalling, clearing my temporary files and updating my java to the latest build all to no avail.

any suggestions?

I tried to download shoddy battle, but my computer didn't recognise the jnlp file, and couldn't find a program to open it. How do I download and use it?

I tried to download shoddy battle, but my computer didn't recognise the jnlp file, and couldn't find a program to open it. How do I download and use it?
You need Java. Download it from here, restart and then try to install again.

If you are certain that you already have Java, go to Start > Run and type
Code:
javaws http://www.shoddybattle.com/client/shoddybattle.php

When i try to login to Shoddy Battle it says my password is incorrect. I'm using the same exact password and Username as here, so I guess my question is, do I have to make a new one for that site or something?

When i try to login to Shoddy Battle it says my password is incorrect. I'm using the same exact password and Username as here, so I guess my question is, do I have to make a new one for that site or something?
You need to register for ShoddyBattle separately from the Smogon forums, yes.

On the Smogon University server, it says that Heart Swap is bugged and is so broken that it has to be banned. In what way is Heart Swap glitchy?

On the Smogon University server, it says that Heart Swap is bugged and is so broken that it has to be banned. In what way is Heart Swap glitchy?
From what I've heard, the stat changes it acquires are treated as permanent, and thus do not go away when Manaphy switches out and back in.

Do most uber tournaments (e.g. smogon uber tour coming up) ban Arceus? I'm thinking about building an uber team for the tour and I need to know if I should consider its use or not.

my new laptop wont run shoddy

JNLParseException[ Could not parse launch file. Error at line 0.]
at com.sun.javaws.jnl.XMLFormat.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.updateFinalLaunchDesc(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

thats what im getting

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
the hover-over tool-tips are showing up for me (globally) as nothing but empty boxes. i've tried uninstalling->reinstalling, clearing my temporary files and updating my java to the latest build all to no avail.

any suggestions?
In addition to this, i'm curious. Is it ingrained into shoddy's source to have hyperlinks auto-open in Internet Explorer regardless of whatever your default browser is set to? I have my default browser set to Firefox but for some unknown reason shoddy insists on opening my links in Internet Explorer.

I tried downloading a new java, no
I tried changing my default browser,no

Not working for some reason.
Also the shoddy website doesn't seem to work. Happening to my friend as well.

Rankings

Are there any kind of rankings or ratings that allow you to see your record in shoddybattle. I was just wondering how I compare with people. If there is could someone tell me where to find them?

Are there any kind of rankings or ratings that allow you to see your record in shoddybattle. I was just wondering how I compare with people. If there is could someone tell me where to find them?
There's no win/loss record, but you can see your "rating" by typing "/record yourname" in the shoddy chat window. This lets you see how you rank against other players on the ladder. There's an explanation for the rating in a stuck thread in the stark mountain forum I believe.

I was wondering if anyone had the link to the Pokemon usage statistics for Shoddy battle (ei. Blissey is used on x% of the teams on Shoddy)? I'm fairly certain they exist as I have looked at them before but now I cannot find them. Thanks in advance.

What is a shoddy battle? I have no idea, people say it's a battle using AR'd pokemon but most people use AR'd pokemon if it means for getting natures, hidden power types, and catching the pokemon. If it's a battle where there are hacked moves and stats then tell me that. Whatever it is, how do i do it?

Shoddy battle is a program that you download, which simulates pokemon battles. The only difference between it and wifi battles, is with it you can choose exactly the ivs, evs, nature, ability, and moves that you want for each pokemon; that may be why some liken it to using AR pokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)