Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
Uh editing should be allowed, if not that would be pretty stupid.

@TVboy we already have max judges, how about next week?

They should add that into the rules then. I was under the impression that you could edit them according to suggestions and stuff like that.

Mordock, you're saying everyone should be allowed to edit their sprites? As in completely revamp them? Well I don't particularly agree, but I guess I'll base the result on what 1337, Ninjabait, and Wyverii think.

Alright, thanks, i will give that a that a try.
So i've made three mixes thus far tonight, C&C greatly appreciated, and i realize that the difficulty level associated with these is next to none, but if all goes well i'll try some more challenging recolours or mixes later
In the order in which they were created

Teddiursola:

Glatang:

Clawcario:

*prays that they work*
I'm happy with how they turned out for my first try(s), but i do think that the right claw (lucario's left) needs some shading work to give it the right depth. Again, thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions
and thank you 1337ness, i def needed that screenshot to figure it out
So far, your sprites are pretty simple, but also pretty good. The only thing that irks me is the Teddiursola. The place where the horns meet the head looks pretty awkward...

RODAN

Banned deucer.
Mordock, you're saying everyone should be allowed to edit their sprites? As in completely revamp them? Well I don't particularly agree, but I guess I'll base the result on what 1337, Ninjabait, and Wyverii think.

No not totally edit them, but tweak them

Figured I may as well post my progress so far tonight. Finished up the lineart for Yui, Ritsu, and Mugi. Guita will be finished with the coloring, and I'm working on Mio next.

Also, I'm all for editing. However, only in minor doses at a time. Like changing the colors, minor tweaks to the shading and outline, etc.

Major editing (changing the concept of the entry or the entry all together) is a no.

i made this on my spare time.the right hands fingers looks abit cut off,and i really could have used some colours on the body

but here it is hauntertomb:

thoughts?

K-On Pixelart?

Hell yes.
I love you.

i made this on my spare time.the right hands fingers looks abit cut off,and i really could have used some colours on the body

but here it is hauntertomb:

thoughts?
Well, because of the size of the image, it's hard to see, and when I zoomed in on Paint.NET, it was all blurry, but:

As you mentioned, the hand end got cut off.

Well, to be honest, it's kind of simple, try adding a bit more to it.

The red and purple together looks awesome, though.

Alright, Ninja and Mordock, I suppose we'll allow tweaking then. After all, that gives me a chance to fix up my Metapod outline, and the shape of the circles surrounding him.

I should be able to finish my WSC entry when I come home tonight.

Since we're allowed minor edits, I won't have to be as meticulous as I have been. ^_^;

I'll give you all I hint: I did a water-type Blaziken, and the concept is just fun. =D

@Toaster- Try moving the hands around a little. It would make it look a tiiiny bit more interesting.

It had better be darn good then, Fuzz. Very very very very good.

I need to finish my flaming Clefable. It's pretty epic. And then I need to finish Deovire.

OK, I guess I'll do next week. Since I missed the judges table, I decided I'd make an entry. Tried to be creative by going for the rock type. My first fusion in a long time.

Rocune? That's pretty freaking sweet. I like it.

All right, off and on today, I've been scratching this... Fakemon? I don't really know though, it doesn't really look Pokemon-ish though. Oh well. It's a water/ghost. I liked how it looked, so I decided to try... animating it. It didn't turn out too bad, I guess. So, I present, Ponchi!!(ACTUALNAMEPENDING) C+C please~.

I like tridents. And it reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it...

@Canti- What is your Rockune a fusion of?

Since I'm so eager to get it done, I sent the Dragonite scratch I was working on over to my crappy laptop to fix up a bit more. After a few hours of wrestling with an annoyingly unresponsive touch pad, I spiffed up the lineart to this:

Other than the rough patch where the closer leg connects to the body, and the fact that I still have to add the claws on his far hand, does anyone have any suggestions before I start to color it?

Woah, looks nice. You might want to make the body a few pixels thicker where it connects to the bottom of the left arm. Right now it doesn't line up with the neck.

Fuzzberry, you might want to invest in a ten dollar USB mouse. It really helped me with spriting on my laptop.

edit: I'm keeping Rocune's pieces a secret until the contest is over. I'll say that none of it was scratched, save for minor touch ups to the pieces I used. Your welcome to guess though

Check out the latest creation in my Grumpig-Dex:

Golpig (Grumpig+Golduck)

C+C, please. Also, I'm taking requests for my Grumpig Dex, although I'd like them in the same shape group.

Check out the latest creation in my Grumpig-Dex:

Golpig (Grumpig+Golduck)

C+C, please. Also, I'm taking requests for my Grumpig Dex, although I'd like them in the same shape group.
looks pretty good,but the left arm looks kinda weird to me...

EDIT:i decided to make a tomb dex heres just one of them:

thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)