Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@X- That Kingdra came out amazing. T_T No fair, you're worlds better than me at scratching already.

Speaking of scratching, I'm working on a Pachirisu. XD Lame, I know. But...the next fakemon I'm going to work on happens to be a Pachirisu evo! So yeah. X3 I'll post that/those when they're done. USB mouses are amazing things.

Keep up the good work, all!

Also: I put up my WSC entry for this week. I have no idea what the hell it is, actually. o_o

thebattleaxe, it looks like some of your sprites are pretty decent but its hard to tell because of the quality. What did you save them as? It's best to save pics as PNG's in my experience.
Although, a lot of the fusions look a bit forced, and some parts look tacked on. The good ones include Scizor+Blaziken, and Tentacruel+....whatever that is. The third and fourth ones on the top row however are a bit... meh, especially the parasect.

You're finally working with that mouse Fuzz. That scratch had better be good though >:D

Very nice job X, very nice.

@Wombat: Thanks :P What do you mean by "Exactly what is it though?"

@Wombat: Thanks :P What do you mean by "Exactly what is it though?"
I no it has Snorlax, but what is it crossed with? Also, would someone tell me why this is called Super Spriting and Trainer Card Thread? How does one go about these?

Here's my WSC sprite:

I know I can't edit it, but still, C+C please.

Here you go, Xia, feel free to use it.

@Mordock: I'll take that request, but if you don't mind me asking, what type is it? That would give me an idea how to color it.

@Canti: I'm finally getting around to that promised C+C. Remember that my crits are based off of the DP Sprite as a reference.
First, It's outline is a little too straight around the main body and heads. Dodrio has a rough outline to symbolize the roughness of the feathers. It would add a bit more detail to it, IMO. Next, it's lower feathers shouldn't go down as far as they do. It makes it look like a loincloth. I see why you did this, but to my knowledge, the dappling btw its legs is simply the earlier spriters reminding you that they can't shade. Finally, the left head (the one closest to the tail) has a pretty awkward looking right eye. The edge looks distorted, and would look much better if it was one pixel lower.

Oh, and your's is also Female, which I can deduce by the neck Coloring.:)

Hope this proves useful.

A pixel over WIP of the HGSS Tyranitar artwork. Imperfect, yes... I'll go back and fix some stuff up later most liekly but for now I need a break. Comments are appreciated as you'd expect.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Request for teh Wobbudex please! I'm looking for something fun and different but still relatively easy :D paha

EDIT: Wobbade!

thebattleaxe, it looks like some of your sprites are pretty decent but its hard to tell because of the quality. What did you save them as? It's best to save pics as PNG's in my experience.
Although, a lot of the fusions look a bit forced, and some parts look tacked on. The good ones include Scizor+Blaziken, and Tentacruel+....whatever that is. The third and fourth ones on the top row however are a bit... meh, especially the parasect.
How do you save in 24-bit format on photobucket??? I can't find an option that allows it save without losing the color information. I still save everything in 24-bit format on my computer.

So, just maybe, if I save in .png format, my stuff won't get blurred when I put it online?

Oh, and BTW it was Tentacruel+Parasect.

Alchemator

Wobberupt!

Would have been better if I'd used Camerupt as the base but y'know :D

Alchemator

Legs are a bit awkward and it's nose looks more like a mustache on my monitor.

Wobbade is awesome though.
I know exactly what you mean, teaches me for using the 3rd gen camerupt. Thanks for the Wobbade compliment :D
Moar!:
Wobchamp

And who do I suggest a theme to for 2 week's time ?

Lol your Wobbudex is quite funny Alchemator :P. Gives me a good chuckle.

As for suggesting themes just post it in the WSC thread.

How do you save in 24-bit format on photobucket??? I can't find an option that allows it save without losing the color information. I still save everything in 24-bit format on my computer.

So, just maybe, if I save in .png format, my stuff won't get blurred when I put it online?
/
Correct. For sites like photobucket you are uploading the file, not saving it as a new one. And PNG is a much better file type to save sprites as, since JPG will blur it and BMP's tend to create the problem you're encountering and have a larger file size.

Alchemator

Lol your Wobbudex is quite funny Alchemator :P. Gives me a good chuckle.

As for suggesting themes just post it in the WSC thread.
Thanks for the compliment :D Please request!

I've posted my theme suggestion in said thread.

Very nice Agaki. Very nice.

@Alch: Your wobbudex is turning out quite nicely. Do you have a post with all of them in it?

@Wombat: Snorlax + Glalie. I think I'll work on the stomach soon.

Man, I have got to work on my Skymin and Deovire.

You should. It's easier to look at what you've made in the case someone wants to look at your works.

I can't stop staring at that darn elekid......so mesmerizing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)