Shoddy Battle 2 screenshots (client preview)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow it looks like a vast improvement from the current version. I know that goes without saying but ya lol. I'm not sure if I like the hp bar in the updated screenshot. It's not bad or anything like that. I'm just not sure if I like it. Good job though guys.

Is thre any reason it says 41/48? I know the 48 pixel thing, but if we want to conform to wifi shouldn't we just put a bar with 48 pixels?

Btw Im arguing against it.

Oh. My. God. I've been waiting for Double Battles on Shoddy, and this new version looks awesome. My only criticism is that I think the pokemon should be further apart from each other, they are a little close... and the font could be toned down in size, but other than that I love the colors on the font, makes it much easier to read, and the move selection is godly. It feels more and more like DPt. Good job.

EDIT: Oh, and another thing, if you guys could please, please, update the sprites for the pokemon on shoddy to HGSS sprites. It's been annoying me for quite some time now, because some of the new sprites I just want to see and use in battles, and it'll give SB2 more of an updated feel.

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet or not, but one of my pet-hates on netbattle when double battling, was, if you choose a move with your first pokemon then want to change it, you can't cancel move 1 unless you finish move 2, which usually the opponent is finished too, so you can't. so yeah, could you put it in so you can cancel your moves like whenever?

Although the new HP bar looks fine, and I'm sure it is more exact, I preferred the % readout because it allows for better estimation of attack damage, IMO. Will the whole battle we logged now, so that it is easier to make Warstories? One feature that I really like is that there are different colours for ally and enemy Pokémon; it makes it easy to see where things are happening.

That shouldn't be a problem, unless you're referring to your opponent's health bar, which won't be shown in percentages, because you don't have access to that kind of information when doing a Wi-Fi/wireless battle:
There is always the option to display percentages, it's just that they won't be "exact" for your opponent's health.

lol. Someone mentioned Scarfed Water Absorbers spamming Surfs... What if you had Scarf/Spec Heatrans spamming Lava Plume?
there's still species clause, you know, but anyway, people can still use stuffs like ninetales, arcanine or flareon, lol
scarf water absorbers spamming surfs & scarf volt absorbers spamming discharges...sounds fun

The new interface is brilliant, and somehow I like the fact that it displays the HP amount of your Pokemon. Dunno, it seems like a nice touch.

Looks incredible, especially the n vs. n capability. Now I know I'm an old-timer when it comes to Pokemon, but if I recall they never went past 2v2 in the games. Do higher numbers work under the same principles and mechanics? Would it really even make a difference how many there are as long as there's a targeting system?

Mostly. The thing I'm interested in is spread damage. I'm assuming it gets cut down to 75%, no matter what value n has. However, that would ultimately make spread damage much more efficient in 3v3 than 2v2.

A quick question: Will there be an option to see your own percent by clicking on the HP bar or something? I mean, I know you can quickly calculate it yourself with a calculator, but still, just curious.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So... when's the operating system coming out?

;)

This is looking great guys :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)