Want to write for The Smog? (Yes, you do!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi everyone!

Like I said in the editor's note of this issue, we really would like new writers for upcoming issues of The Smog.

If you have your own idea that you want to submit for someone else to write, post it here! If you have an idea that you want to write, feel free to PM either myself, Seven Deadly Sins, or august, and we'll discuss it with you. We would love to hear some new ideas.

Also, if you think you're a good writer, but don't necessarily have any ideas, speak up too! We have some ideas to go around, and we'd love for some talented writers to speak up. Personally, I wouldn't mind of someone wrote a Featured RMT or a Type Analysis, as we don't have 100% set people who write recurring articles, as you may have noticed.

Finally, if you're a good artist and want to have your work featured, submit some pictures to me (Jimbo) and I'll find you a spot in The Smog :)

Thank you everyone ;)

Potential Writers
Ala
Snorlaxe
Erazor

Potential Artists
Godudette

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think I would be up for writing some articles. I don't have any ideas at this time, but writing about a featured type or a RMT seems like a fun way to get some motivation going. I'm planning on going to school in September and I think that this would be a great way to keep my writing sharp!

I'll try to be on irc as much as I can so we can discuss the possibility of having me write some articles. Thanks for reading this and hopefully we can work something out!

I'm definitely interested in writing up an article or two. I'm keen on contributing to this site and The Smog is an excellent place for this. I really want to write a Featured RMT, but I can definitely do Type Analysis, Featured Pokemon or any other random article as well.

im pretty sure the featured rmt is picked from the posted rmts

unless you mean you want to comment on it like august does in which case you should probably approach him

i wanna do a mafia article but I am stumped for any ideas, maybe I'll ask mekkah

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would love to write an article, but I don't have any ideas. So I'm willing to use someone's idea and write.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My advice to anyone and everyone regarding this is to seriously just go, write up something, (about anything you think other people can find interesting), and then submit it.

No need to say "i can write", just write it and submit it.

I enjoy writing and am more than willing to help. For the Type Analysis is there a set type, or do I just write one about any type I want that hasn't been submitted in a previous Smog? I can write other articles also, let me know where you need me and hopefully I can help there.

I'd be willing to help out a little for anything, but I'm not sure what you would want from me to contribute.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Currently working on a Water type analysis to use as an example of my writing. I will submit the analysis when it is completed.

Hi, guys! Before writing recurring articles, you should probably talk to the previous writers of recurring columns, or the editors of the Smog (SDS for type analysis, august for OU RMTs, any Smog staff, etc. etc.), so that you don't waste your time overlapping, but for anything related, go for it! You can always talk to Smog staff to get a sounding board as well.

I have some ideas, however, I suck at writing not counting my typos, and my bad english, so someone could write my ideas? maybe?

Also, I could also be a potential artist. I can do alot of stuff like:
Nice Banners,Good Recolors, Mediocre Fusions, Random Spriting.

I don't know if I have to wait an answer in this thread, a notification, or I have to tell the admins by myself, so answering would be helpful, thanks!

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well, I'm not sure if this is needed but...

Examples of my writing can be found here, here, and here. Examples of my grammar checking / edits / what-have-you can be found here, here, and here (just some recent ones off the top of my head). Thanks again Jimbo! :D

Bio lab is finally over, and I'm available to write what you guys need me to, if anything. Unfortunately, I don't have too many good ideas of what to write, so I'd appreciate you guys giving me ideas suitable for publication.

I was thinking about discussing long-term metagame cycles and how niche teams fit into them. For example, we have the stall/offense phases in the Ubers metagame, with quickstall, dualscreen, balanced, and hyperoffensive teams fitting in to some extent. Again, this is just a thought, and I'm not sure if it's what you guys are looking for. I'd like it if you guys had any other ideas about what to write about.

EDIT: sent pm to Jimbo. A few examples of my writing are found here.

Yanmega
Smeargle

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'd be willing to write an article. I don't have much in the way of ideas, but I'd be willing to work to make the NU articles something recurring since it showed up in the last two issues of the Smog.

Only example of my writing I can provide atm is my Skuntank analysis.

I'd be willing to help write for The Smog, or contribute something to be written on.

I've been liking discussions of Pokemon which deserve evolutions, but I don't think such an idea could make it into The Smog for lack of topic?

-Terywj

I would absolutely love to write an article. I'm planning on studying journalism when I go to college so this is my sort of thing, I'm a long time battler on Shoddy.

Basically I'd be willing to help in any way I can

I'm just gonna go for it and shoot an idea:
OU Pokemon with lower tier counterparts.
Best/worst dual typings.

Yeah it's probably not that good, but better than "oh I don't have an idea."

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
I'll talk to august to see what I can do with featured teams, since I know ou very well, considering it's my best tier.

Well, I've always been a writer and I've read several smog issues, so I know what people expect. One thing I wanted to see was a more abstract section. I noticed there was a "what if" section with abilities (i believe) and it was fun to imagine. But I think the way CAP tries to evaluate types and battle strategies by creating competitive Pokemon is fun, and something similar should be in Smog (ideas for types, moves and such). Also, I'd like to see a X v.s. Y section. If we pit Weezing and Dragonite together, who would do better for what reasons? I'm sure its like featured Warstories (which there should be more of) but I'm just trying to get the basic ideas out of my head.

Again, I'd love to be a part of the Smog. ^_^

Here's an example of a Pokemon analysis I put up on my own site (it shows that I understand Pokemon and how to analyze them).

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Just saying that i don't think i need any help for featured rmts, i always do OU, jib does ubers, and whistle does uu. Thanks for offering everyone.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, I have no real ideas on what to write, so if I get some ideas within the end of the month, I can write for the next issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)