New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread - UU Edition

I personally suggest using earthquake over stone edge / seed bomb so that you hit steels for SE. The only pokemon you'll be worrying about would be gligar.

Bulky Sub Rotom:

Rotom @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
252 HP/ 6 SpAtk/ 252 Speed
Timid. (-Atk, +Speed)
-Thunderbolt/charge beam
-Shadow Ball
-Substitute
-Will O Wisp

I dont know if this set has been taken or used yet. This set is mainly to throw an opponent off guard by believing that it is the sub charge beam set and then hit them with a will-O-wisp. and still attack hard behind a sub. Charge beam is an option if you want the boost while still being bulky and behind the sub, but without an special attack EVs you'll find it difficult to get to a reasonable attack power as many ppl probably wont let you get that high.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been running a Cradily set in my sandstorm Team recently, with Great Success. It's based the Stallrein Tactic, but I wanted to create a version that was viable in a Sandstorm team. I can't say it's as effective as Stallrein, but it works pretty well.
Stalldily
Cradily @ Leftovers | Suction Cups
Impish Nature
220Hp/124Def/100Sp.D/64Atk
- Ingrain
- Seed Bomb/Rock Slide
- Substitute
- Protect
The Idea is fairly simple. Substitute as they switch out, then ingrain as they break your sub. Cradily is really quite Bulky in a sandstorm, so should be able to take a hit and set up a substitute. Once a Sub is up, you can begin the cycle, and Stall away. 220 HP Ev's is the magic number, meaning The combination of Leftovers + Ingrain over two turns heals all the HP you lost getting a sub up. Seed Bomb is prefered over Rock Slide because it hit two of the types that Resist the Sandstorm super effectively, and is resisted by only one steel type in UU.

Ingrain is quite pointless on Cradily anyway, as he has Suction Cups to stop him getting Roared or Whirlwinded out. Yeah, I know you'll get back to where you started before you subbed after 2 turns, but why don't you just use Recover??

Hey, I posted this in the Simple Question, Simple Answer thread but didn't get much feedback so can anyone help me here? And sorry if it doesn't belong, I can try to make a quick move and EV set if I need to
First, I'd do Jolly, and in the last slot, I'd think about EQ or Ice Fang
Not sure about EVs though, sorry

Ingrain is quite pointless on Cradily anyway, as he has Suction Cups to stop him getting Roared or Whirlwinded out. Yeah, I know you'll get back to where you started before you subbed after 2 turns, but why don't you just use Recover??
I think the set uses the Stallrein tactics over Recover because Recover can leave you open to attacks or status. A toxic'd Stalldily is a dead Stalldily )_:

You might run into problems with that Stalldily due to
1. Steel types (Like the omnipresent Registeel)
2. Toxic. It seems that everyone's first impulse when they see a Cradily is to toxic it. I've played quite a bit with Cradily, and I always ran ResTalk over Stockpile because of that.

Silver Bullet Bastiodon
Bastiodon @ Focus Sash
Sturdy
Bold
252 HP / 114 Def / 144 SpD
0 Spe IVs (if using Metal Burst)
- Sandstorm
- Toxic
- Roar
- Metal Burst
Could someone please take a look at this? I posted it at the beginning of a lull, so its been completely ignored.

Could someone please take a look at this? I posted it at the beginning of a lull, so its been completely ignored.
I think it's a cool idea, but I'd put it through a lot of testing before determining how good it actually is. It seems like something that you can't tell how good it is unless you use it in my opinion. However, I would reconsider using Sandstorm, but I have no idea what else to use in it's place, maybe Taunt?

SubPressure
Drapion
Acupressure
Crunch
Substitue
Whirlwind
Black Sludge
Battle Armor
Adamant
Euh, Acupressure's decription says this:

If any the target's stat levels can be raised, then Acupressure raises one of those stat levels by 2, chosen at random with uniform probability among the stat levels that can be raised. If none of the target's stats levels can be raised then Acupressure fails.
Note that if the target has a Substitute, this move has no effect, even if the target is the user of the move.

Because of this I think it would be better to replace Substitute with another move. Earthquake or Rest are fine options.

Euh, Acupressure's decription says this:

If any the target's stat levels can be raised, then Acupressure raises one of those stat levels by 2, chosen at random with uniform probability among the stat levels that can be raised. If none of the target's stats levels can be raised then Acupressure fails.
Note that if the target has a Substitute, this move has no effect, even if the target is the user of the move.

Because of this I think it would be better to replace Substitute with another move. Earthquake or Rest are fine options.
I know for a fact it works on Shoddy, I've swept dozens of teams with it. I'll have to test it in-game and see if it works on my Platinum...

EDIT: My set does not work, it only works on stupid Shoddy which really pisses me off and crushes my Pokémon related hopes and dreams, so I'm taking it down, as there is no reason to use a set even on Shoddy if it doesn't work anywhere outside of that. Thanks a lot Delko. (Just kidding, I would've figured it out sooner or later)

I can actually attest to that Drapion being able to do something in the late game to teams that can't hit it for heavy damage. If it gets evasion boosts then look out, because it can sweep pretty easily after that point assuming stuff like Rhyperior is out of the way. I have the misfortune of knowing first-hand how infuriating and embarrassing it is to get swept by this set.

After miserably failing in my first post, I have shifting toward the UU tier for ideas. Then I discovered this bad girl; I call her Mama Hariyama: Lead Version

Hariyama@Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Nature: Adamant
255 Atk/225 Spe/30 Def
- Fake Out
- Belly Drum
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break/Payback

Fake Out activates Guts first turn, then Belly Dance as your opponent Stealth Rocks. This gives you up to 3 turns of Mama Hariyama mayhem (she must be on her period). This thing is nuts: I did about 47% on a rotom with a bullet punch, which is pretty good for a not-effective priority move. Extra Speed can pass 60 speed bulky pokes like Lapras and Clefable. Suggestions?

47% on rotom? All that says to me is you can't OHKO a 77 base defence pokemon (which makes no sense with +6 and guts).

Also, those EVs are nonsense.

Well for a base 20 attack, it's not bad on that Rotom. I think it's a good idea and its probably easier to get a belly drum than you'd think. I would use CC over brick break, because with Toxic Orb and only 50% HP, it'll go down quick. And a CC+ Bullet Punch will probably KO every single UU pokemon except ghosts and MAYBE a super bulky slowbro.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After miserably failing in my first post, I have shifting toward the UU tier for ideas. Then I discovered this bad girl; I call her Mama Hariyama: Lead Version

Hariyama@Flame Orb
255 Atk/225 Spe/30 Def
- Fake Out
- Belly Drum
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break/Payback

Fake Out activates Guts first turn, then Belly Dance as your opponent Stealth Rocks. This gives you up to 3 turns of Mama Hariyama mayhem (she must be on her period). This thing is nuts: I did about 47% on a rotom with a bullet punch, which is pretty good for a not-effective priority move. Extra Speed can pass 60 speed bulky pokes like Lapras and Clefable. Suggestions?
First of all, EVs need to be multiples of 4. Secondly, Flame Orb + Belly Drum is just silly. If you want to sweep, you would want some that doesn't mean you die automatically in 4 turns (And that is without the opponent damaging you). If you want to use Belly Drum, stick Salac Berry on it and use Close Combat.

breh

強いだね

Hariyama@Flame Orb
255 Atk/225 Spe/30 Def
- Fake Out
- Belly Drum
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break/Payback

First of all, EVs need to be multiples of 4. Secondly, Flame Orb + Belly Drum is just silly. If you want to sweep, you would want some that doesn't mean you die automatically in 4 turns (And that is without the opponent damaging you). If you want to use Belly Drum, stick Salac Berry on it and use Close Combat.

Maybe it needs memento support or something? It looks like a terrible lead but a pretty nice sweeper...

I could imagine uxie memento on something that's not too useful (say a lead ambipom, for instance, that lacks taunt (lol, but this is just an example) and then let in hariyama for the sweep. Oh and without SR if it doesn't switch in, it dies in 5 turns actually; burn orb activates (but does not damage) on the first turn

shrang

General Kenobi
I've been using this mixed tank Tangrowth in my battle recently, and don't know why it's not on an analysis or revamp reservation:

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP/4 SpA/252 SpD
Nature: Sassy
-Leaf Storm/Grass Knot
-Earthquake
-Sleep Powder
-Synthesis

You're probably asking why I'm using this over Venusaur, the answer is simple. Rhyperior and Torterra can wreck my team, so this checks them pretty well. Pure grass type resists Earthquake, while Venusaur doesn't. Also, Tangrowth has amazing physical bulk, so you can take Waterfalls and stuff easier than Venusaur does. The Special Defense is there so he can take a Special hit or two without rolling over and dying.

Tauros @Liechi Berry
Jolly
Intimidate
8HP/248Attack/252 Speed
-Substitute
-Scary Face
-Return
-Stone Edge/Earthquake

Just a slight alteration/mixture of Tauros's other Sub sets. The idea is to switch in on a physical attacker who won't want to stay in after Intimidate. Sub as they switch out (or continue attacking). If they switch to something faster use Scary Face as they break the sub and then continue subbing down to activate Liechi berry. Sweep with Return; Stone Edge for ghosts, Earthquake for steels, but I'd recommend Stone Edge since this should be saved until late in a match when Mach Punch users are usually gone, and late game I see Mismagius used more often than Steelix. This is meant for UU but can probably be of more use in OU, since not many things threaten to outspeed Tauros in UU and Scary Face will often be wasted.

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Sucker Punch
- Yawn
- Pursuit

This thing can rip apart entire teams. Yawn for anything that tries to set up on you, and you can either Pursuit it on the switch for good damage or continue Cursing for even more power. Sucker Punch annihilates everything, and nobody expects the curse/priority combo.

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Sucker Punch
- Yawn
- Pursuit

This thing can rip apart entire teams. Yawn for anything that tries to set up on you, and you can either Pursuit it on the switch for good damage or continue Cursing for even more power. Sucker Punch annihilates everything, and nobody expects the curse/priority combo.
No recovery!
Nuff said really. weak to toxic, will be taken down by the repeated attacks that it will be attracting, residual damage etc.
will get some surprise kills.

No recovery!
Nuff said really. weak to toxic, will be taken down by the repeated attacks that it will be attracting, residual damage etc.
will get some surprise kills.
Synchronize usually makes Toxic not a really good option against Umbreon, especially the things that use Toxic really hate being Toxic'd themselves. (Except like Registeel, Restalkers and stuff) I do agree that it needs recover though. Its slow, so repeated special blows will take out Umbreon pretty soon.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Leman, if Toxic gets Synchronised then the poke it gets reflected onto is only regularly poisoned. So it's not a huge problem for many walls packing recovery, such as Milotic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)