Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the best way to EXP farm in HGSS? Kind of early after the first Pokemon League battle. My Heracross and Ampharos are both pretty underleveled for Sabrina.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
@Eyelovepie: goldenrod dept store iirc

What's the best way to EXP farm in HGSS? Kind of early after the first Pokemon League battle. My Heracross and Ampharos are both pretty underleveled for Sabrina.
Backtrack to every route and fight every trainer you didn't beat the first time around. Since I'm usually a completist and must fight every trainer in every area, I usually have overleveled Pokemon. When you gain the ability to rebattle gym leaders, abuse it as much as possible. Since you can rebattle gym leaders as many times as you want at their time/day, they're great sources of EXP.

When do you get the Hall-of-Fame/game completion time in HGSS? After you beat Red, or when you defeat the Elite 4?

And for #6 in the Rules/Guidelines of this thread, because the link does not seem to work, where would I be able to ask those kind of questions mentioned?

Is there anything that makes RNGing easier? I've been using this: Online Stopwatch

and I've been failing at RNG breeding Bagons in Emerald for some time. And I know if I ever get to RNGing in 4th gen it'll be even worse.

I just got my pre-ordered SS today and I've began my journey ^^
Can anyone list the Soft Reset-able Pokemon I will encounter soon (I'm concerned with natures and ivs that will first set)? Lets say up to 5th gym badge for now.

If I were to have a Pokemon in my front line and 3 different Pokemons holding EXP. Share, would they all gain the same amount of EV of the Pokemon I kill?

thanks!

I'm RNG'ing a couple of pokes, and when calibrating to generate the egg, the first pokemon that appeared and that I caught was a shiny Raticate. The fact that it is shiny, will that fuck the seed calculations?

Has anybody successfully RNGed a flawless legend in HG/SS?
I'd like to work with someone hands-on as I attempt to RNG a Timid HP Ice Raikou ;)
I've had experience with Platinum so I'm not a complete noob, I just need some assistance finding my SID and figuring out how to RNG a wandering Pokemon...

If any of you would be willing to help walk me through it I'd be eternally grateful :D

BEN_DOVER:

I think so. Since a Pokemon can earn so few EVs at a time, it will likely not be divided in the same way as experience: "If a Pokémon is holding an Exp. Share, it will earn EVs as though it were one of the battle's participants."

BEN_DOVER:

I think so. Since a Pokemon can earn so few EVs at a time, it will likely not be divided in the same way as experience: "If a Pokémon is holding an Exp. Share, it will earn EVs as though it were one of the battle's participants."
ohh okay, ty.

also, when i fight pokemons that give 2 different types of ev's... for example Unown (att & sp. att) do i basically just screw myself over... if my pokemon really only needed one of the ev properties? say i kill 252 Unowns... equaling to 504 ev's already?

thanks again.

In "EV training" your Pokemon should defeat the correct Pokemon species to allow them to get the EVs you want them to have. For that reason, you should choose to defeat Pokemon that provide one or two EVs in a single stat. For instance, Zubat provides 1 EV in Speed and no other stats.

Is there anything that makes RNGing easier? I've been using this: Online Stopwatch
Emulator.
Of I suppose you could build a robot to press the buttons.

and I've been failing at RNG breeding Bagons in Emerald for some time. And I know if I ever get to RNGing in 4th gen it'll be even worse.
It's arguably easier in DPPt. The coin flips allow you to check you've hit your seed - which is quick, but critical on timing - BEFORE you advance the frame - which is slow, but always works providing you don't lose count. Result is you can make more 'attempts' per elapsed real time. I've successfully RNGed in Pt, but not pulled it off in Emerald yet (come SO close damnit).

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Can you trade pokes from dppt to soul silver at the begging of the game, or do you have to do some sort of side quest like in frlg when you had to get the ruby and the sapphire to be able to trade with rse?

Can you trade pokes from dppt to soul silver at the begging of the game, or do you have to do some sort of side quest like in frlg when you had to get the ruby and the sapphire to be able to trade with rse?
I'm pretty sure you can as soon as you get to Cherrygrove.

@Eyelovepie: goldenrod dept store iirc

Backtrack to every route and fight every trainer you didn't beat the first time around. Since I'm usually a completist and must fight every trainer in every area, I usually have overleveled Pokemon. When you gain the ability to rebattle gym leaders, abuse it as much as possible. Since you can rebattle gym leaders as many times as you want at their time/day, they're great sources of EXP.
I too am a completionist, and unfortunately it did not overlevel me at all. When I went into the elite 4, I had Gyarados at 44, Ampharos at 40, Heracross at 38, and an un-leveled Ho-Oh. My Feraligatr was at 37 when I gave up on it after realizing Gyarados was superior in every way, since its stats are way better, it learned every relevant move Fer did besides Crunch, and Dragon Dance seemed to sweep any problems I might encounter in the elite 4 (this was a correct assumption) so I got to spend victory road's wilds + Clair's gym and the 3 battles in the Dragon Den leveling up Gyara to DD.

But yeah, I'm definitely nowhere near even leveled let alone overleveled. =/ Rebattling doesn't occur until all 16 badges are earned and I'm only needing the EXP farming at this time to even myself with the second half of gyms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)