Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If one were to hack an Azure Flute in DPPt, would the caught Arceus (in the Hall of Origin) be considered hacked?
It would be dubbed semi-legit which means the Pokemon itself would be legitamate but since you used a hacking device to get it (and there isn't another way to get the Hall of Origin Arceus), people could become suspicious. I'm fine with semi-legit Pokemon and I think most other people are, too.

Would hacking masterballs and trading them over on bidoofs and legitimately catching pokemon make the caught pokemon considered hacked?

Can anybody explain why the GTS cloning glitch doesn't work in Platinum (and presumably doesn't work in HG/SS)? Isn't the glitch mechanic a side effect of lag in uploading a Pokemon to the GTS?
My belief is that the "glitch" occurs when the game deletes the Pokemon from the player's party or Box only after it successfully uploads it to the GTS. Perhaps this was fixed by placing the Pokemon in a different place in the game's memory, then deleting the Pokemon from the party or boxes, saving the game, and only then uploading the Pokemon to the GTS.

My belief is that the "glitch" occurs when the game deletes the Pokemon from the player's party or Box only after it successfully uploads it to the GTS. Perhaps this was fixed by placing the Pokemon in a different place in the game's memory, then deleting the Pokemon from the party or boxes, saving the game, and only then uploading the Pokemon to the GTS.
It's been confirmed that in DP the Pokemon's data is copied from the game to the GTS, leaving a small window of time where the data on your game hasn't been erased yet but the Pokemon is on the GTS. If you shut the power at that exact moment you get a clone. Afaik it's unknown how this was prevented in Platinum and HGSS, possibly they made the process faster or they made the game recognize when the glitch happens and rectifies it.

Hey guys heres my question, i dont know if i posted in the right section of the forums but anyways, in the strategy pokedex, when u look at gyarados bulky set, it sugests the use of waterfall, why not aqua tail since it has almost the same acc, also i do think they have to mention ice fang in the same set .

Two questions.

1) If I'm chasing a 'running wild' (Raikou, Entei, Latias, Latios, etc.) and end up in the same route as it, save, catch one and dislike the nature / IV's, can I turn off / on, catch it again, will the nature change?

2) For the Technician ability, if I use Ambipom's Double Hit (with Silk Scarf), does it get 35 + 50% + Stab x 1.2 x 2? Because it attacks twice and does 35 damage each time.
If so, why is return prefered?

Thanks.

1.) No, runner's natures are set as soon as they are "released" and begin to roam. If you want to reset for nature and other stats, you have to save before they start roaming.

2.) Return is only marginally weaker (183 versus 189), has 100% accuracy (the main reason), and has much more PP (although this isn't an issue most of the time).

1.) No, runner's natures are set as soon as they are "released" and begin to roam. If you want to reset for nature and other stats, you have to save before they start roaming.

2.) Return is only marginally weaker (183 versus 189), has 100% accuracy (the main reason), and has much more PP (although this isn't an issue most of the time).

For number 1.
That suckss.

How do people have the patience to constantly go back and get th right nature + IV's? That would be frustrating.

Is there a way to predict how to find Latias and stuff before you see them the first time?

Hey guys heres my question, i dont know if i posted in the right section of the forums but anyways, in the strategy pokedex, when u look at gyarados bulky set, it sugests the use of waterfall, why not aqua tail since it has almost the same acc, also i do think they have to mention ice fang in the same set .
1: Aqua Tail does have a 90 BP as opposed to Waterfall's 80, but it only has 90% accuraccy which is a very bad thing for any move, AND Waterfall has a 20% flinch chance.

2: Water Ice isn't as good coverage as Water/Rock (Stone Edge) or Water/Flying (Bounce).

Just another quick one.

Stationary Legandaries change Nature when you turn off, back on and catch again yeah?

So if you accidently KO a legandary (take Lugia for example), and you come back after you beat the elite four, and he's still there, will his nature still change?

Just another quick one.

Stationary Legandaries change Nature when you turn off, back on and catch again yeah?

So if you accidently KO a legandary (take Lugia for example), and you come back after you beat the elite four, and he's still there, will his nature still change?
Yes and (99% sure) yes. It respawns.

Yes, stationary legendaries can be reset for stats and nature and whatnot by saving in front of them and resetting if you don't like what you see.

Yes, stationary legendaries can be reset for stats and nature and whatnot by saving in front of them and resetting if you don't like what you see.
Because I want to get a really good Lugia, and I can't be bothered SRing for several hours (if not days) just to get the right nature + Good IV's atm.

I have a question. If my friends are the types who have no idea what ev's or ivs or even natures are, how am I suppose to build my team? All of a sudden, their pokemon are more bulky, Taunt becomes useless, I have no idea what crazy moves they're gonna use(to give you an idea, I'm expecting them all to use Typhlosion with Flamethrower, Shadow Claw, and a few bs moves like quick attack). Basically, my question is, how do I pwn newbs? Thanks for any help and if they're is a thread for this, I would appreciate it if you could point me there. Thanks again.

whats a pokemon that can really handle Rotom forms? they're just ridiculous to overcome and handle, without being crippled horribly by them. are there a few pokemon that can handle them with ease?

If you're worried about WoW, try Heatran. Fire Blast is 2HKO and I think it learns Dark Pulse, which should kill Rotom easily. You can wall it with Blissey, but you won't be doing too much damage on it. Tyranitar can kill it easily, but like you said, it has the risk of getting crippled by WoW. These are your best options, but to be honest, Rotom's pretty easy to wear down, even the bulky varieties.

I suppose so, but choosing a pokemon just to counter Rotom is a waste. Like I said, most Rotoms will get revenge killed by Heatran, particularly Timid. Going Naive will screw you. For Rotom to 2HKO Heatran, it will have to go Modest, which will make it slower than Heatran. Heatran can take those toxics and will-o-wisps Tyranitar can't. But really, if it's revenge killing you want, Choice Scarf Tar is better because the bulky Rotoms that have toxic or wow are slower than it. So in the end, it's up to preferance and what your team can support. But like I said before, even the bulkiest of Rotoms aren't too bulky.

Because I want to get a really good Lugia, and I can't be bothered SRing for several hours (if not days) just to get the right nature + Good IV's atm.
Rofl? You're saying you're going to attack/kill lugia if it has bad nature ivs, then battle e4
What? There's no difference if you just SR.
If you want a good nature, just bring a syncher, you have 50% chance of being the nature you want.
If you want good Ivs, just learn to rng abuse, quicker to learn than to spend days soft resetting.

Also roamers, to ge different natures and ivs, kill them then battle e4 and they'll respawn with different ivs and natures. However without rng, this will be a bitch to get even the natureyou want.

Just a few in-game questions here for Soul Silver:

1. Does setting the DS clock fowards affect the number of days you need to wait for a certain Pokemon at appear in the Safari zone? For example, if a pokemon appears after 70 days with 20 rocky objects, if I set my clock foward 3 months from the time I place the objects, will the Pokemon appear?

2. I saw on a video on YouTube that the Beldum you can get from Steven Stone always has a Brave nature. Is this true, or can it be influenced by Method 1 of the RNG?

Two questions.

1) If I'm chasing a 'running wild' (Raikou, Entei, Latias, Latios, etc.) and end up in the same route as it, save, catch one and dislike the nature / IV's, can I turn off / on, catch it again, will the nature change?
If you KO it, then defeat the Elite Four, it will respawn with a different nature and IVs. Obviously, this is slower than simply SRing, but it's the only way.
Is there a way to predict how to find Latias and stuff before you see them the first time?
The IVs and nature can be predicted by manipulating the RNG. The route it's on should be visible on the Pokégear even if you haven't encountered it yet.
I have a question. If my friends are the types who have no idea what ev's or ivs or even natures are, how am I suppose to build my team? All of a sudden, their pokemon are more bulky, Taunt becomes useless, I have no idea what crazy moves they're gonna use(to give you an idea, I'm expecting them all to use Typhlosion with Flamethrower, Shadow Claw, and a few bs moves like quick attack). Basically, my question is, how do I pwn newbs? Thanks for any help and if they're is a thread for this, I would appreciate it if you could point me there. Thanks again.
Don't overthink it. It's best to use a bunch of bulky sweepers, especially ones that can set up. Don't try to predict until you're very familiar with how they play. It's also an opportunity to use gimmick sets that wouldn't normally work; the first time I go against someone, if I don't know whether they EV train, I use my NFE team.
It would be best just to teach them about EV training and IVs, so you can get some proper battles done :)
Just a few in-game questions here for Soul Silver:

2. I saw on a video on YouTube that the Beldum you can get from Steven Stone always has a Brave nature. Is this true, or can it be influenced by Method 1 of the RNG?
I'm pretty sure it can change, and is Method 1. Could you post a link to the video?

Stupid question.

I've done searches for it, but I still can't find it...

How do I add icons to my post, for example, if I want a shiny Meowth in this post, what would I add for it?

Couldn't find a F.A.Q on forum commands anywhere =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)