Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never understood where Serebii said anything against WPM - Bulbapedia did, but all Serebii did was pretend the pictures didn't exist, which just says "neutral" to me - he just didn't want to get himself in shit like WPM by posting the pics. He didn't "condemn" WPM at all, unlike Bulbapedia.

Haha, look at every other site trying to cover their ass by looking mad even though they do just as sketchy things. As if anyone is really going to do something about them.

Haha, look at every other site trying to cover their ass by looking mad even though they do just as sketchy things. As if anyone is really going to do something about them.
IKR, so ridiculous. As if posting pics from ROMs (Which are illegal all in themselves in the first place...) and CoroCoro scans... Those aren't legal either. Just because he took pics at a movie hahaha like seriously? What's so bad about that? People should be thankful that we got new shots of Pokemon, what stupid self-righteous bums. And the whole 2ch-ers calling the cops, errrr after the fact I doubt they give a shit :3 what's done is done, there is more important things for a cop to do than try to stop a foreign white kid to take down pics he took at a Pokemon movie. Hurr durr srs business.

lol the mole looks cute, I like it's shovel handpieces. His evolution is super badass awesome :D

Everyone calling the pirate chipmunk derp-worthy needs to GTFO and take that big-eared thing with 'em. >_> How can anyone honestly say that the unnamed Pokemon looks cooler? It's not bad, kinda cute but "meh" nothing special. Pirate mole on the other hand....

My theory was right, Zekrom's tail IS a generator :P the electric typing makes so much sense now.

Why are people saying Pokejungle's "lost all credibility" because of the rumors? It's not as if he was trying to pass them off as fact and fool everyone, he made absolutely sure everyone of his posts that included rumors as marked rumors, and even asked his visitors whether or not he should keep posting rumors. He did absolutely nothing wrong. If he wants to post rumors marked as rumors, by all means I think he should-- it's not as if anyone else is doing it, and sometimes rumors are interesting.

Anyway, I think it's interesting how Serebii refers to WPM as his "friend" in the news post. I don't know if there's hostility between them or not, but I think calling him his friend was sorta funny.

I like Moguryuu.

@Wishy: We've known for quite a while Zekrom's tail was a generator... It was in descriptions in a Corocoro a while back... :P And from there it was only natural to assume Reshiram's tail was like a jet engine.

Did someone say Tsutarja might be using Charge? Oh, please, let that be the case!

Can someone translate? According to someone on GameFAQs, it's the dialogue when a wild Pokemon is found (therefore, wild double battles!)

Why are people saying Pokejungle's "lost all credibility" because of the rumors? It's not as if he was trying to pass them off as fact and fool everyone, he made absolutely sure everyone of his posts that included rumors as marked rumors, and even asked his visitors whether or not he should keep posting rumors. He did absolutely nothing wrong. If he wants to post rumors marked as rumors, by all means I think he should-- it's not as if anyone else is doing it, and sometimes rumors are interesting.

Anyway, I think it's interesting how Serebii refers to WPM as his "friend" in the news post. I don't know if there's hostility between them or not, but I think calling him his friend was sorta funny.

I like Moguryuu.

I guess what I meant to say is that is there any chance that the rumours are true or have any validity?

I guess what I meant to say is that is there any chance that the rumours are true or have any validity?
They're just rumors from random people on 2ch. I'd say no, but you never know.

@Wishy: That's what it looks like-- just announcing that two wild Pokemon appeared-- which might actually confirm that rumor, sorta contradicting what I just said. That would actually explain why the rumor came into existence.

I like Moguryuu.

Agreed.

Rumors are Rumors, and as long as they are treated as such there should be no confusion. I think the problem is fanboys get too excited and think everything is 100% fact.

It's kinda funny how this is playing out around the same time as the MLB trade deadline nears. As an avid Baseball fan the similarities are too close to ignore. There is a whole website dedicated to trade rumors for baseball, that I check just as frequently as I do this thread/Serebii.

It's kinda funny how this is playing out around the same time as the MLB trade deadline nears. As an avid Baseball fan the similarities are too close to ignore. There is a whole website dedicated to trade rumors for baseball, that I check just as frequently as I do this thread/Serebii.
Same here! I kept alternating between this thread and ESPN for MLB trades AND NBA free agents/Lebron. Sure, that means I have no life, but there's some really awesome stuff going on right now. Haha

egadd this sucks i hope that the shipmunk thing has the ability i made up
It has Keen Eye. :P

But it has cool moves... Crunch, Super Fang, Hypnosis... I hope it has decent stats and a great movepool, so it can see some UU play (Cause if it is an early rodent, it will probably not be that good competitively).

wow, this is the first gen I've actually contemplated using the early rodent o_O

Keen Eye is already confirmed as one its abilities (see how it's like, searching for something?), which is not only boring but terrible, so unless its secondary ability happens to like, one of Bibarel's abilities-type awesome, then I'm not getting my hopes up on it.

I want to know why in the hell it gets Hypnosis... WTF?

@Wishy: Bibarel and Linoone were not exactly absolutely horrible... :P I don't see what this guy could do that's so special, though, but that stuff doesn't usually show up until their second stage, like Linoone getting the whole speed theme and Bibarel becoming part Water (for awesome neutral coverage, and Bidoof already started out with awesome abilities).

EDIT: Zekrom is one scary motherfucker in one of those pictures. The one where it just shows its face.

anyone else think that the rodent's tail looks metallic (like a spiked blade)? It could evolve into Normal/Steel which, though decidedly horrible it at least a unique type combination.

Yeah, Linoone and Bibarel were lucky. Linoone got the Belly Drum / ExtremeSpeed shtick while Bibarel got a cool ability and Water-typing.

Will be get Pokemon Sunday info on Sunday, or Monday (Because of time zones)? >_>

Yeah, Linoone and Bibarel were lucky. Linoone got the Belly Drum / ExtremeSpeed shtick while Bibarel got a cool ability and Water-typing.

Will be get Pokemon Sunday info on Sunday, or Monday (Because of time zones)? >_>
Pokemon Sunday airs tonight in North-American time zones (Japan is ahead of us by like 13 hours or so, depending on your exact time zone). However, according to Serebii, it will be next week's episode that will be having the large amount of info about B/W, and not tonight's, so don't be surprised if we don't get too much info from tonight's episode.

Pokemon Sunday tonight. It's already almost Sunday morning in Japanland, I believe.

@Yubel: Looks to me just like exaggerated fur, like seen all over Reshiram and a lot of other Pokemon that I can't think of off the top of my head. I doubt it would be displaying any features it might get later in its first form anyway.

Keen Eye is already confirmed as one its abilities, which is not only boring but terrible, so unless its secondary ability happens to like, one of Bibarel's abilities-type awesome, then I'm not getting my hopes up on it.

I want to know why in the hell it gets Hypnosis... WTF?

@Wishy: Bibarel and Linoone were not exactly absolutely horrible... :P I don't see what this guy could do that's so special, though, but that stuff doesn't usually show up until their second stage, like Linoone getting the whole speed theme and Bibarel becoming part Water (for awesome neutral coverage, and Bidoof already started out with awesome abilities).

EDIT: Zekrom is one scary motherfucker in one of those pictures. The one where it just shows its face.
Re Zekrom: I thought so too lol.

The early rodents are not too bad in their own ways.
Raticate is quite speedy and Guts+STAB Facade is pure pain esp. with a Swords Dance.
Linoone can be a nuke given half the chance.
Bibarel, of course, has those cool abilities and the Water typing.
I think only the Sentret line is completely useless competitively.
Hopefully chipmunk brings something new to the table for the rodents.

EDIT: BTW, all the rodents so far have two abilities.
So chances are good the chipmunk has too.
Hope it's not "Run Away"!.

Pokemon Sunday airs tonight in North-American time zones (Japan is ahead of us by like 13 hours or so, depending on your exact time zone). However, according to Serebii, it will be next week's episode that will be having the large amount of info about B/W, and not tonight's, so don't be surprised if we don't get too much info from tonight's episode.
Ah what a shame. Well Serebii said that most of next week's Pokemon Sunday info will be in CoroCoro (Like usual I think?) so the only new info we will most likely be getting from Pokemon Sunday next week is clearer shots and videos.

I hope the Pokemon Sunday airing now-ish at least gives us some artwork... Or more battle footage with the unknown Pokemon (therefore, names!) lol.

All in all, next week = information overload :D :D :D

LOL, I'll laugh my ass of if it does turn out to be something totally useless like Run Away... I hope it's at least something useful in general, like Intimidate, but most first stage Pokemon don't get Intimidate, so... Hey, maybe its second ability has something to do with that "Carelessness" rumor!

@A.K.: I wouldn't call Furret "cool" but I guess it's definitely the cutest...

LOL, I'll laugh my ass of if it does turn out to be something totally useless like Run Away... I hope it's at least something useful in general, like Intimidate, but most first stage Pokemon don't get Intimidate, so... Hey, maybe its second ability has something to do with that "Carelessness" rumor!

@A.K.: I wouldn't call Furret "cool" but I guess it's definitely the cutest...
Mightyena.

Also, with Furret, you don't know where body ends and tail beginsit's such a philosophical statement, man; do any of us truly know where we begin or end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)