The Battle of Hueco Mundo [OU Warstory]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent warstory, especially for your first. The only thing that bothered me was that, the way you formatted the moves, you had to combine two move descriptions, such as when you switched your Heatran into his while it subbed. Otherwise great, I found it somewhat comical that the teams were so similar. :)

Wow, Flygon sweep. Not something you see every day, eh? Anyway, the presentation was very nice, the commentry was good and the crummy puns made me lol even though they sucked... 4/5 very good warstory. :D

EDIT: I might use a scarfgon now...

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Excellent warstory, especially for your first. The only thing that bothered me was that, the way you formatted the moves, you had to combine two move descriptions, such as when you switched your Heatran into his while it subbed. Otherwise great, I found it somewhat comical that the teams were so similar. :)
Thanks for the constructive criticism, I found in awkward to write like that too, but I figured it would look better once it was done. Since I'm apparently not the only one who thinks it's weird, I fixed it, and as a bonus, I added some extra commentary, lol. Also, thanks for the compliments man, it's good to know I didn't epic-fail like most people do on their first try, haha.

Wow, Flygon sweep. Not something you see every day, eh? Anyway, the presentation was very nice, the commentry was good and the crummy puns made me lol even though they sucked... 4/5 very good warstory. :D

EDIT: I might use a scarfgon now...
Hey, those are my crummy puns, okay!? lol Anyway, thanks for the compliments man, I appreciate it. Also, ScarfGon in awesome.

Damn, I was hoping to see a warstory between the two BLEACH themed RMTs, "Enclose, Murcielago" and "Welcome to Hueco Mundo". I am disappoint.

9/10 on the current warstory though.

It's nice to see a team that I had rated in action :) Imo, it was an excellent match, you definitely get 5 stars. Good job.

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
I thought this was an excellant warstory, don't listen to that probation guy!!! Its a very good move to use a dark move with most fighting type when in against tyranitar because they nearly always switch to rotom.
9/10!!

p.s in before archive!! XD

Not terrible commentary, but it would have been nice if there was a little less 'so I did...THIS'.

Battle also had 1 too many misplays (overpredictions actually) for my liking.

Definetely good for first warstory though.

Actually, it is true that he only had Azelf and Shaymin to guard against spamming Earthquake. You could have won anyways if he did not reveal Lucario by judicious switching and attacking for the best results (EQ for the coverage, screw that he might have a flying type).
Anyways, great battle. It's not very often you see a sweep with a ScarfGon.

kokoloko

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Damn, I was hoping to see a warstory between the two BLEACH themed RMTs, "Enclose, Murcielago" and "Welcome to Hueco Mundo". I am disappoint.

9/10 on the current warstory though.
lol rey would have destroyed me, I'm nowhere near his level. At least I posted my RMT before his! XP Thanks, btw.

It's nice to see a team that I had rated in action :) Imo, it was an excellent match, you definitely get 5 stars. Good job.
Yeah, man. Your suggestions actually helped a lot, so thanks for that, and thanks for the 5 stars =)

I thought this was an excellant warstory, don't listen to that probation guy!!! Its a very good move to use a dark move with most fighting type when in against tyranitar because they nearly always switch to rotom.
9/10!!

p.s in before archive!! XD
Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it.

Not terrible commentary, but it would have been nice if there was a little less 'so I did...THIS'.

Battle also had 1 too many misplays (overpredictions actually) for my liking.

Definetely good for first warstory though.
Thanks for the constructive criticism, I'll try to keep that in mind if I ever write another one.

About the actual battle, usually doing what I did works out very well, as it removes Lucario's main check. However, after having finished the battle and looking over his team, I realized that aside from his own Lucario, he had no Lucario check (I had no way of knowing this at the time though). Therefore, staying in, hoping I would try something like I did, or even try to set up, makes sense. I guess I did "overpredict," but that's just the way I play, since nine out of ten times it yields a positive result.

Also, thanks, good to know it was good.

Actually, it is true that he only had Azelf and Shaymin to guard against spamming Earthquake. You could have won anyways if he did not reveal Lucario by judicious switching and attacking for the best results (EQ for the coverage, screw that he might have a flying type).
Anyways, great battle. It's not very often you see a sweep with a ScarfGon.
While that is true, I had no way of knowing that during the battle. I also could have won easily, if he did not critical hit my Rotom with Shaymin, so him revealing Lucario made it nothing more than "fair." I know it sounds like I'm arguing against you, but I'm sort f agreeing, lol. Thanks for the compliment.

he was really ground weak and he really just didn't stand a chance vs that, even with all his good fortune. but the story was nice and your thought process was clear, so good job.

Aeron Ee1

Nom nom nom
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Reading this warstory brought back fond memories of Scarfgon and makes me want to use my old MixGon team again. This is very impressive for a first warstory. It gets 2 THUMBS UP, 5 STARS and a 10 out of 10 from me. Flygon > Salamence.

kokoloko

he was really ground weak and he really just didn't stand a chance vs that, even with all his good fortune. but the story was nice and your thought process was clear, so good job.
Thanks for the compliment.

Reading this warstory brought back fond memories of Scarfgon and makes me want to use my old MixGon team again. This is very impressive for a first warstory. It gets 2 THUMBS UP, 5 STARS and a 10 out of 10 from me. Flygon > Salamence.
Thank you very much, I appreciate the compliments. Also, fuck yes Flygon > Mence.

great battle, I have to give major props to hypervortex though, if you look at the teams straight up yours clearly has the major advantage from the start so he did a truly awesome job at making it as close as it was - though admittedly that shaymin h4x made it a lot closer than it needed be!
I do wonder how the battle would've played out had you double switched on the lucario into Flygon, which may have been the safer ploy at the time.

Great stuff though, great teams and great players :)

Best warstory I've read in a long time, and though I'm not a mod I support archiving this. The aggressive predictions and ScarfGon clean really made it cool.

@Above poster: kokoloko didn't really have team advantage, since the other side had Shaymin and he didn't really have any good switch-ins for it except maybe ShucaTran.

I rated you 5 Stars.

Flygon could hit 5 of his 6 for supereffective, and being scarfed made it even safer. No disrespect but his team clearly had an advantage, barring hax and misplays

kokoloko

great battle, I have to give major props to hypervortex though, if you look at the teams straight up yours clearly has the major advantage from the start so he did a truly awesome job at making it as close as it was - though admittedly that shaymin h4x made it a lot closer than it needed be!
I do wonder how the battle would've played out had you double switched on the lucario into Flygon, which may have been the safer ploy at the time.

Great stuff though, great teams and great players :)
I can see where you're coming from thinking that I had a major team advantage, but that's really not true; despite him having 3 ground weaknesses and me having a ScarfGon. Keep i mind, he had a Shaymin, and my only real way to beat it was through the use of ShucaTran, and considering his Shaymin ran an Occa Berry, even that was unreliable. Also, I'm not sure which turn you're referring to when you talk about double switching to Flygon, the way you phrased it kind of confused me.

Thanks for the compliments though =)

Best warstory I've read in a long time, and though I'm not a mod I support archiving this. The aggressive predictions and ScarfGon clean really made it cool.

I rated you 5 Stars.
Thanks a lot for the compliments and rating man, I appreciate it.

Flygon could hit 5 of his 6 for supereffective, and being scarfed made it even safer. No disrespect but his team clearly had an advantage, barring hax and misplays
Actually, Flygon could hit all 6 of his guys super-effectively. However, I fail to see how that is relevant. Also, being Scarfed actually made it harder to do so. Using Earthquake in order to net a kill before having weakened his Shaymin enough could have been very costly, as Shaymin could easily come in and fire off a Seed Flare, potentially 1-2HKOing anything in my team. Also, as I stated above, I really don't think I had much of a team advantage, nor do I think I "misplayed," per se, but if you say so...

no no no, I don't mean you misplayed, overall you played very well as you took the initial momentum fantastically.
I guess I prefer to play to Occams Razor in these sort of circumstances, i.e. opponent brings out unscarfed TTar and I bring out Lucario - I am going for damage on the Ttar as this is the obvious solution, no matter what unless I am 99% sure I can not only easily and reliably revenge the TTar some otherway or I can definitely run throughout the rest of the match without Lucario. Understandably if Crunch was able to do more reliable damage for example, you would have been able to play in the same way no matter what as it would have played out.
I hope you understand what I am trying to say as I don't want to come across as negative, as I highly respect this playstyle and especially like the way the team is built and the way you started the match out.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Really good warstory, funnily I had hypervortex beat on ladder and all I needed was Extremespeed not to crit, but unfortunately it did >.<. Even though you made some pretty poor assumptions, your thought process was really clear and you made some very good moves as well. Well done, hope to see more warstories from you in future!

kokoloko

no no no, I don't mean you misplayed, overall you played very well as you took the initial momentum fantastically.
I guess I prefer to play to Occams Razor in these sort of circumstances, i.e. opponent brings out unscarfed TTar and I bring out Lucario - I am going for damage on the Ttar as this is the obvious solution, no matter what unless I am 99% sure I can not only easily and reliably revenge the TTar some otherway or I can definitely run throughout the rest of the match without Lucario. Understandably if Crunch was able to do more reliable damage for example, you would have been able to play in the same way no matter what as it would have played out.
I hope you understand what I am trying to say as I don't want to come across as negative, as I highly respect this playstyle and especially like the way the team is built and the way you started the match out.
I get what you mean, you prefer a more conservative playstyle as opposed to doing crazy shit lol, I get that.

Really good warstory, funnily I had hypervortex beat on ladder and all I needed was Extremespeed not to crit, but unfortunately it did >.<. Even though you made some pretty poor assumptions, your thought process was really clear and you made some very good moves as well. Well done, hope to see more warstories from you in future!
Haha, yeah, assuming his Tyranitar was Scarfed just because his Heatran was not, was a bit of a stretch, it's understandable if that is a bit of a turn-off. Thanks for the compliments, btw.

HEY man the warstory was sickk lol, you did a hell of a job with it. mad props. i enjoyed reading it almost as much as i enjoyed almost beating you xP. sorry i never checked my inbox lol, but i think you more than made up for my commentary. the one-sided commentary got me really into it xD. if people decide to archive this i'd be glad to make it 2-sided...fame is good motivation lol

to comments by others: i do have an enormous ground weakness, so considering i've made it this far up the ladder despite the lack of a ghost/flier/choiced poke/status inducer/wall is fairly impressive if i may say so myself xD. i plan to stick with the team more or less as it is... i do apologize for the shaymin hax, but i don't see any other hax goin on. basically kokoloko did really well in realizing my ENORMOUS scarfgon weakness and intelligently conserved him until my ground resist and ground neutral were sufficiently weakened. that's all he needed to do, so despite a couple "bold predictions" on my part i'd say he outplayed me, as i got too caught up in KOing the lesser pokes and ignoring the huge threat that was happily waiting to sweep me xD...though the shuca on tran was the biggest shock of the game

The three major problems with the battle have long ago been beaten into the ground. First: that Lucario play that you yourself admitted to be rather silly. Second: several outpredicts by your opponent that take down two of your Pokemon (not going to count Luke here) for little cost on his part, but still fail to win him the game, bringing us into the third point: how incredibly weak his team is to ground, and Scarfed Flygon in general (Agiligross could work too, but I'm not seeing where it could set up). Outside those problems, the battle was great, but they really bring things down. The commentary was solid, and the formatting was excellent (although you do have a typo during the battle between Shaymin and Heatran: Heatran is at 12%, not 62%). All in all, I'd give it an 8/10. Without the Lucario loss, it'd be an easy 9.

Did I mention I absolutely love Flygon sweeps?

I really enjoyed reading this! I love the comments you made and the fact you used Flygon made it so much more awesome.

And if that guy has 3 ground weaknesses, what's the 4 ice weaknesses I currently have? xD That's off topic, though.

kokoloko

HEY man the warstory was sickk lol, you did a hell of a job with it. mad props. i enjoyed reading it almost as much as i enjoyed almost beating you xP. sorry i never checked my inbox lol, but i think you more than made up for my commentary. the one-sided commentary got me really into it xD. if people decide to archive this i'd be glad to make it 2-sided...fame is good motivation lol
Haha, thanks man, I appreciate the compliments. Also, I replied to your PM about making this dual-commentary, so check that out.

The three major problems with the battle have long ago been beaten into the ground. First: that Lucario play that you yourself admitted to be rather silly. Second: several outpredicts by your opponent that take down two of your Pokemon (not going to count Luke here) for little cost on his part, but still fail to win him the game, bringing us into the third point: how incredibly weak his team is to ground, and Scarfed Flygon in general (Agiligross could work too, but I'm not seeing where it could set up). Outside those problems, the battle was great, but they really bring things down. The commentary was solid, and the formatting was excellent (although you do have a typo during the battle between Shaymin and Heatran: Heatran is at 12%, not 62%). All in all, I'd give it an 8/10. Without the Lucario loss, it'd be an easy 9.

Did I mention I absolutely love Flygon sweeps?
The Lucario this is completely understandable. Even I, who play pretty liberally with him to try to scout, admit it was a bad idea to assume he was Scarfed. Him outpredicting me though, I think that made the battle all the more interesting. Thanks for pointing out that typo though, I fixed it right away, I'm definitely not leaving that in there.

Also, thanks a lot for the compliments. Flygon in awesome.

I really enjoyed reading this! I love the comments you made and the fact you used Flygon made it so much more awesome.

And if that guy has 3 ground weaknesses, what's the 4 ice weaknesses I currently have? xD That's off topic, though.
Thanks a lot dude. I appreciate it.

Thank you so much, this might be the break into a new era of great warstories. Unlike the crappy ones weve had lately. Oh man this suspense makes me want to make a good warstory too
Props to you for the first Flygon sweep Ive ever seen
Props to your opponent for amazingly accurate prediction
Aghh, you never get these sort of battles, at the side of CRE Im on :(

You never get these sorts of battles? Play Ubers, where every team has a Scarfer and cleanups are routine occurrences. Even on my Manaphy team, Scarf Garchomp is often the star of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)