Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn´t too much to think about yet. I just think that the hair of the new girl is kinda weird... as well as the eyes of Dento. Iron Tail looks pretty cool tough.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm debating whether to get Black/White, or wait for Pokémon Grey, with the (awful) Dragon/Grass type. I'm also looking forward to the 3DS launch games, RampantRuby and SuperSapphire.

In all seriousness however, if Kibago does become the next Pseudo-legendary (which I strongly expect, it just looks so suitable for it - see Larvitar), what (dual) type do you expect it to be. Considering it has Mold Breaker, you'd expect a pseudo-legendary to be at the very least useable in the OU environment, so it will likely be given useful STABs, and Mold Breaker wil come in very handy in that. The abilties that Mold Breaker nullifies are Water Absorb, Volt Absorb, Flash Fire, Wonder Guard, Dry Skin, Motor Drive and Levitate (and possibly Lightningrod and Stormdrain, though I'm not certain of this).

Now, Wonder Guard is situational at best, and everything else but Levitate and Dry Skin resists what it is immune to (except dual-types like Lanturn). Along with this, Dragon/Water, /Ground, /Fire, /Electric have already been done, and are (fairly, because of Kingdra) unique type combinations, unlikely to be stolen I therefore expect a new ability to be introduced, providing an immunity to whatever secondary type Ononokusu is (assuming Kibago does evolve into it). Looking at it's sprite, which can be found here, it looks like it could be a) Dark-type, b) Bug-type, and possibly Fighting or Grass-type. I don't see an ability 'absorbing' Fighting-type moves, but any of the others are possible in my opinion. Thanks anyone who's read this far.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hihidaruma looks pretty badass. Pretty much the reason why I'm not starting with Pokabu. Least favourite is Minezumi and Miruhoggu - they make Bibarel look like Charizard. Although Gochiruzeru looks fecking terrible as well.
I agree with Gochiruzeru, and having Frisk is a meh ability as well. Hopefully it will evolve or something. I expected more out of that design.
Chiraamii and Rankurusu are my favourites. I also like the Munna line a lot. And Tabunne.

My least liked ones are Gochiruzeru and Reshiram.
blasphemy1; said:
Least favorite is Gochiruzeru.
Poor lolita. She needs love.

I'm wondering as to what's Umbreon's DW ability... (Unless it has already been comfirmed? If so..damn I'm so late^^;)

Out of 5th gen..um so far I'm digging Emonga lol.

Favorites: Tsutarja, Mijumaru, Mamepato, Shimama, Meguroko, Mamanbou, Shikijika, Yanappu, and Zekrom.

Dislikes: Pokabu, Minezumi, Koromori, Kibago, and Reshiram.

HATE: Miruhoggu, Hihidaruma, and Moguryuu.

I'll probably name mine Smugleaf, if I do start with it.

I'm thinking of starting with Mijumaru, though. I have never actually picked up the Water-type starter, lol, so this might be my one and only chance.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'll probably name mine Smugleaf, if I do start with it.

I'm thinking of starting with Mijumaru, though. I have never actually picked up the Water-type starter, lol, so this might be my one and only chance.
Whaaa? You mean you no liek mudkipz?

I'm definitely starting with Smuggy.

I already had Sceptile in the team and was struggling for a 6th. Probably would be given to Staraptor for type variety.
Tbh, I think Swellow's stronger than Staraptor, but that's just me. Really, Staraptor and Swellow are definitely a step-up from the other birds, really.

ming-ming@ Paul.
Paul's not competitive, and that running gag is just... Annoying. I mean, what competitive thing has he done? Noticed some pokémon sucked? Isn't that already common knowledge that having a pokémon like Luvdisc = Crap? (Though it is funny how Paul's team isn't filled with OUs, like everyone's all gaa-gaa about seeing in the anime for some reason or another).

If anything, he's not genre savvy. Ash believes in what he has, and anything in the anime can be good, actually. In Paul's case, he strives for power, like Norman in Pokémon Adventures. How in the world is THAT competitive by any means?

Also, none of Ash's 'mons were forgotten. Or did all of you forget Spurt! was an opening in the Japanese anime?

Also, all of you need to quit hating on Miruhoggu. It'll be the centerpiece of my team, no matter how much it sucks. Shimama and Gochizeru are also lovely. Really, you all know what I'm going to do, release Mijumaru the second I can, for I'm a jerk like that. ^^

Don Honchkrorleone

Curse you, GF. You made Dento a Grass-type gym leader, so I can't start with the otter (unless it has a SE attack that early). I'll have to start with a new type (I've never started with another type aside Water since Yellow, and I play since Yellow).

Curse you, GF. You made Dento a Grass-type gym leader, so I can't start with the otter (unless it has a SE attack that early). I'll have to start with a new type (I've never started with another type aside Water since Yellow, and I play since Yellow).
THAT WHY WOTTER IS SO DEPRESSED!!!

Nobody will pick him because he's ugly AND he sucks!

But... then again... I'm nobody ;_;

No need to not start with the otter, GF is usually kind to give one of the wild Pokemon before the first couple of gyms or an evolution of a starter a type advantage over the Gym Leader. If anything, Mamepato, the pigeon/dove thing, might have Gust at the very least, and it seems to be the new Pidgey.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Capture another Pokémon or train Mijumaru more? It isn't that hard to overcome a type disadvantage in-game...

1) He learns Fury Cutter (SE)
2) You can catch Mamepato
3) As stellar said, it's not that difficult to overcome a type disadvantage. I beat Brock with just Pikachu and Pidgey in Pokemon Yellow.

Tsutaja might have trouble as well, if they give Acrobat to broccoli monkey that early... which is why you have other Pokemon you can capture ;)

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ice Beam. Almost all waters learn it, though I don't think it'll be available that early in the game. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but did Serebii post that the TMs in B/W don't disappear after one use?

Don Honchkrorleone

Vox smogoni, vox Arcie. I'll start with the Mr.mime + Buizel otter, but I'll catch Kurumiru because the pidgeon seems weak. And I'm sure that he will get a SE move, since all the starters that were weak to the first gyms bar Chiko and Pika had SE moves.

Capture another Pokémon or train Mijumaru more? It isn't that hard to overcome a type disadvantage in-game...
Much less for a grass type

You have early bird, early bugs, probably a fire type somewhere depending on where Dento is in comparison to Darumakka...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)