Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trick Other Psychic BP:- Acc:100 PP:10 Contact:No Effect:Swaps the user's item with the opponent.

Trick; it's been around since Gen 3 and has had basically the same effect. In Platinum, it became a common way to beat stall when it could be Tutored onto just about every Ghost and Psychic Pokemon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q9IeU4nJLI&hd=1

This video (starting at around 0:53) shows that it now has a new effect. When you have a Choice Item and exchange it with your opponent's Choice Item, you get to select a different attack. It used to be that you would be stuck using Trick and would be forced to give the opponent back their item or switch out. Now, however, you can slam them with a different attack instead.

Edit: Later in that video, you see that you can use a different move even if you didn't have a Choice Item to begin with.

This will be most useful on the afformentioned Psychic and Ghost Pokemon that got it in Gen 4. If you've ever used something like a Choice Gengar or Rotom-A, you know that using Trick on a Pokemon with Pursuit and a Choice Item is a death sentence to them. Now, you can simply choose a different attack and atleast get some damage in before getting Pursuited.

The consequences of this will probably mean there is much less risk in using Trick, especially the first turn out, which could lead to Stall being even less viable.

Aww I used to love switching into Lead Scarf Jirachi with Magnezone as it tried to trick my Lead. Now i guess that wont work.

Are you saying that if you trick something onto a faster pokemon to lock it into a support/resisted move, that that faster pokemon can turn around and OHKO you INSTEAD of being locked in?

Are you saying that if you trick something onto a faster pokemon to lock it into a support/resisted move, that that faster pokemon can turn around and OHKO you INSTEAD of being locked in?
Exactly. You know, this will probably be the end of Trick Leads, unless the Pokemon would be able to cripple something later.

Your best bet would simply be to U-turn out. It would get a Sub up but atleast you'd get to keep your Jirachi.
They normally bring in a scarfzone which is a death sentence for scarfrachi in gen 4 since they will t-bolt you to death. So it probably won't sub since its also got scarf, probably will t-bolt for some damage before jirachi u-turns out as you said.

They normally bring in a scarfzone which is a death sentence for scarfrachi in gen 4 since they will t-bolt you to death. So it probably won't sub since its also got scarf, probably will t-bolt for some damage before jirachi u-turns out as you said.
Scarf Jirachi is faster than Scarf Magnezone so Thunderbolt would hit the switch-in. If it's Specs Magnezone, then it would end up being faster than Jirachi after the Trick and would get a hit in. I guess I should have assumed it was Scarfed since at the very least it will end up with a Scarf after the Trick, so Sub would be rediculous.

Ok just to clarify, I meant that I would switch in my Scarfed Magnezone in on a Predicted Lead Scarfed Jirachi Trick. I would then proceed to KO jirachi ,who is locked into trick, with t-bolt or Hidden Power Fire.Although now that I think about it, switching Magnezone in on a Lead jirachi on any other move but U-Turn is a death sentence for standard lead jirachi.Sorry for the confusion Geeze

Ok just to clarify, I meant that I would switch in my Scarfed Magnezone in on a Predicted Lead Scarfed Jirachi Trick. I would then proceed to KO jirachi ,who is locked into trick, with t-bolt or Hidden Power Fire.Although now that I think about it, switching Magnezone in on a Lead jirachi on any other move but U-Turn is a death sentence for standard lead jirachi.Sorry for the confusion Geeze
That's supposedly not how it works. If Jirachi uses Trick as you bring your Magnezone in, they are now allowed to choose a different move, thus U-turning out before you hit it.

That's supposedly not how it works. If Jirachi uses Trick as you bring your Magnezone in, they are now allowed to choose a different move, thus U-turning out before you hit it.
The example I was giving was for generation 4. Had you read my first comment you would see I stated that I'm dissapointed I can't do this anymore in Generation 5.

It already works that way?

However, this will certainly make Trick way less risky. Trickchoice users will opt to go off in the first round except of holding back. This is gonna be interesting, as today, we mostly see trick on pokemon that could still kinda use the choice item if they keep it.

WTF THIS IS JUST FUCKING STUPID DAMN IT.
Ow seriusly im really pissed off now >_>.This is even worse then explosion nerf...Yes i understand its much less risky to use but its also far more annoying when used by the opponent....I mean seriusly this just ruins so much stuff.Wow....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)