Leading in gen V

My erufuun has proved to be an awesome lead.
Erufuun@Choice Specs
Jolly, 6Atk / 252HP / 252Speed
Switcheroo / Charm / Leech Seed / U-Turn ftw.
Switcheroo, as usual, cripples something. Charm hits whatever physical comes in. If I sense danger or Shadow Tag, I just gtfo with u-turn.
Choice Specs is because most leads so far are either walls or physical, like Aerodactyl.

Can't have a lead thread without talking about Erufuun and Sableye. I don't own the game, but I can see these two being perfect lead counters with priority taunt. Erufuun also gets priority encore, switcheroo and stun spore, and Sableye has the immunities and priority recover, not to mention fake out. Neither need to invest in speed or attack, so they can just buff their defenses. Any lead without u-turn stands no chance against these two imo. Maybe that's a plus for that assassin bug thing.

I see this generation as being the end to the typical SR-Suicide lead. Anti-Leads have been trying for forever to get the fastest Taunt, but now with Mischievous Heart, Sableye and Erufuun leads are gonna outspeed everything.

Skarmory/Forretress/Agirudaa can come in later to pile up some spikes, but by then they won't be as effective.

best anti lead of this gen MACHAMP, giagisu < seems to be most common is put out in a DyP, than new flyign raptor, but down in a jiffy DyP,bullet punch.

machamp is the most solid thing you could ask for, how can you question its immenseness, even better it outspeeds some of the new tanks, ROFL it can DyP them into confusion before they even do anything, its frikking amazing

Let's not forget that in all likelyhood Deoxys-S will be at the very most a Suspect. Just something to keep in mind. (Aero you are so out of a job.)

honestly I think leading is no more sure you may still have a stealth rocker, but from what I've seen it seems like before battle you get to see your opponents pokemon, so it is very obvious which one will be the lead yes? so I believe that after a while leads won't be used.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Jolly
Taunt
Stealth Rock
Rock Slide/Stone Edge
Earthquake

Same old, same old. Was the most reliable lead in Generavtion IV and should still be strong in the new metagame.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Jolly
Taunt
Stealth Rock
Rock Slide/Stone Edge
Earthquake

Same old, same old. Was the most reliable lead in Generavtion IV and should still be strong in the new metagame.
Priority Taunt would like to have a word with you.

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
Wait, so it's been confirmed that you do in fact automaticaly send out the first Pokemon in your party to lead, as opposed to choosing which Pokemon to send out after seeing your opponent's team (which was previously reported)?

Wait, so it's been confirmed that you do in fact automaticaly send out the first Pokemon in your party to lead, as opposed to choosing which Pokemon to send out after seeing your opponent's team (which was previously reported)?
I dunno actually, I heard that was only for random matches.

lol, everyone uses Aero as a lead and totally forget he can do an amazing work (going to test it out reallt soon) as a Claw Sharpener. He gets all Fangs and Stone Edge. Has a massive speed and decent attack after +1.
Also, Erufuun totally shuts down Deoxys-S. Switcheroo ftw.

lol, everyone uses Aero as a lead and totally forget he can do an amazing work (going to test it out reallt soon) as a Claw Sharpener. He gets all Fangs and Stone Edge. Has a massive speed and decent attack after +1.
Also, Erufuun totally shuts down Deoxys-S. Switcheroo ftw.
I tested him out with a CB, and Aerodactyl does much better work with that.

And the awesome part about Switcheroo/Trick is that it still gets priority with a crap item like Iron Ball.

Sableye with Taunt/WoW/Trick is gonna cripple leads left and right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)