Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Shiny captures turned out to be much, much simpler than I anticipated.

Although the nature isn't wonderful, this was I just finished catching on a shiny Suicune, except this took well over 70+ Net Balls to capture and almost struggled to death. Again, not the most excelling nature and IVs, as it was more of an experiment. I hit this on my second RNG this morning.

Shiny Suicune
Nature: Sassy
IVs: 31/31/31/0/31/30

(Hoping Winterz Zombie reads this).

Shiny captures turned out to be much, much simpler than I anticipated.

Although the nature isn't wonderful, this was I just finished catching on a shiny Suicune, except this took well over 70+ Net Balls to capture and almost struggled to death. Again, not the most excelling nature and IVs, as it was more of an experiment. I hit this on my second RNG this morning.

Shiny Suicune
Nature: Sassy
IVs: 31/31/31/0/31/30
Very nice. I would switch the 30 and 0 around so people will know that is a 30 in SAtk.

Very nice. I would switch the 30 and 0 around so people will know that is a 30 in SAtk.
Well, that's the spread. It's not 30 in SpA, it's 0, though I'll double check to make sure.

Edit: Yep, the spread is 31/31/31/0/31/30 (listed as HP, Atk, Def, SpA, SpD, Spe).

There's no confusion there, it's actually a good spread that isn't fitted well with the Sassy nature. If it was Adamant or something along those lines, it would be wonderful. I just wanted to give a shot at a shiny capture since this was the best spread I could find in my ID/SID spreads list (the other one was Docile).

So I have began some research to the best that I can on breeding Nidorans. and the results from breeding them varies. Below, I put down any information need if someone wanted to copy my experiment.

I bred using the parents Nidoran(F) and Nidoran(M). I did NOT skip any eggs; they did come up with the predicted nature/ability from RNG Reporter. I made sure to breed at least 3 of each of the possible gender ratios: M/M/M/M, M/M/M/F, F/M/M/F, F/M/F/F, and F/F/F/F.

Code:
[LEFT]Pokemon Platinum
ID: 30247 SID: 28265
Seed:2F080260 Date: 11/02/2010; 08:09:16
Delay: 598[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Egg Frames: PID: Gender Ratio: Nido's gender: byte from PID that determines gender & dec value: LID and value
1: FA5E697F: M/M/M/F: F: 7F or 127: 697F OR 27007
2: BF24D6BD: M/M/M/F: M: BD or 189: D6BD OR 54973
3: E53F7B46: F/M/M/F: F: 46 or 70: 7B46 OR 31558
4: 1A37BC5A: F/M/M/F: M: 5A or 90: BC5A OR 48218
5: D8C8374C: F/M/M/F: F: 4C or 76: 374C OR 14156
6: FCBD3CFB: M/M/M/M: F: FB or 251: 3CFB OR 15611
7: 01423639: F/M/F/F: F: 39 or 57: 3639 OR 13881
8: 841837D7: M/M/M/M: F: D7 or 215: 37D7 OR 14295
9: 4C1FC31B: F/F/F/F: M: 1B or 27: C31B OR 49947
10: D2B5E813: F/F/F/F: M: 13 or 19: E813 OR 59411
11: 09099A57: F/M/M/F: M: 57 or 87: 9A57 OR 39511
12: 5A455EE0: M/M/M/M: F: E0 or 224: 5EE0 OR 24288
13: 8B10AC06: F/F/F/F: M: 06 or 6: AC06 ORR 44038
14: 83122A1A: F/F/F/F: F: 1A or 26: 2A1A OR 10778
15: B1D690E5: M/M/M/M: M: E5 or 229: 90E5 OR 37093
16: 10D55D53: F/M/M/F: F: 53 or 83: 5D53 OR 23891
17: 80F0DB32: F/M/F/F: M: 32 or 50: DB32 OR 56114[/LEFT]
18: 10C293A1: M/M/M/F: M: A1 or 161: 93A1 OR 37793
At first, I believed that what determines the gender is if the decimal value is divisible by 9; which would give you a Nidoran(M) until I ended up on egg #10 which given me a prime number(with more nidoran(M) eggs that ended up with a different number that isn't divisble by 9). After hatching all 18 eggs, I then looked at the LID to see if it would be something similar to how wurmple is determined to evolved into Silcoon or Cascoon. This also is inconclusive, but it seems that the LID value for the male Nidorans have a greater number than the female nidorans. At least in this experiment.​

EDIT: From Serebii's website(I know it's bad to quote from their website half the time, xD) that there's a 50% chance to obtain either gender. So does this mean that there is no way to abuse which gender for the nidorans or fireflies that you want? Is it possible that if you hit the SAME seed that you just might end up with the OTHER gender the second, third, or fourth time?​

If all your other sound works, then I don't know what to tell you. I hear it has happened to others in the past and they didn't know how to fix it either. If a reboot doesn't work, then I suppose what you can do is instead of RNGing by ear(auric-ally? haha my vocabulary isn't so great), you can do it visually, lol.

If all your other sound works, then I don't know what to tell you. I hear it has happened to others in the past and they didn't know how to fix it either. If a reboot doesn't work, then I suppose what you can do is instead of RNGing by ear(auric-ally? haha my vocabulary isn't so great), you can do it visually, lol.
I rebooted and it's working now. But I tried visually and there's just no way that was happening lol

1)
A) Does Areas where hail fall mess with your frames

B)is there a place to catch snover without hail ( i know his ability creates hail)

2)is there encounter slots for Honey tree pokemons?

1)
A) Does Areas where hail fall mess with your frames

B)is there a place to catch snover without hail ( i know his ability creates hail)

2)is there encounter slots for Honey tree pokemons?

A. I don't think it does, but I'm not for sure.

B. Yeah, go the lake near the snow town, to the top right will be patches of grass, snover can be found there.

2. I think it's just luck, never tried it myself though. So I don't entirely know, sorry.

Hit my seed twice to try to get a Jolly Ho-oh, and both times it struggled to death. The constant Safeguard use almost prevents me from putting it to sleep. I mean, I don't have a problem actually getting him to sleep, but when it wakes up, it chooses Safeguard, and that is four turns wasted every time it wakes up with Safeguard.

I've been attempting to catch it in a Luxury Ball, and no luck so far (I know that this is near impossible with legends without an AR, but I might have to resort to using my AR).

Hit my seed twice to try to get a Jolly Ho-oh, and both times it struggled to death. The constant Safeguard use almost prevents me from putting it to sleep. I mean, I don't have a problem actually getting him to sleep, but when it wakes up, it chooses Safeguard, and that is four turns wasted every time it wakes up with Safeguard.

I've been attempting to catch it in a Luxury Ball, and no luck so far (I know that this is near impossible with legends without an AR, but I might have to resort to using my AR).
Yeah, I've had trouble too. I was going to do shiny Ho'oh next in a Luxury or Premier Ball or something, we'll see if I can pull it off. I tried to get Suicune in a dive ball, but it escaped every one I had. It's a lot of work to even get Dive Balls migrated into HG, so I just went for the Master Ball :/

Well it leads to a question, and that is: Are there easier methods to capturing something without a master ball and without an AR before it struggles to death? Namely legends, because I have yet to catch anything in a Luxury Ball but I'd like to get this Jolly Ho-oh in one.

Troggy: It took me 70+ Net Balls before I caught that shiny Suicune (top of this page). :/

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
A. I don't think it does, but I'm not for sure.
From what I've read over on the research thread, it appears it advances the IRNG very quickly in hail making it an area you want to avoid if you're breeding shiny eggs.

This makes it not as bad as I thought when I suggested earlier that someone do their captures elsewhere. It doesn't mention any effect on those.

Hmm, just as I figured. I made a Jolly Mew with False Swipe and EV'd it into ATK to hit for a fair amount of damage, as well as giving him HMs like Surf/Fly/RockSmash so it saves me space for other Pokes to carry. The only other Poke I have is a Victreebel to put it to sleep. I haven't experimented with Ultra Balls yet, but I really wouldn't want to.

I use a Parasect with Spore / False Swipe / Swords Dance. It works pretty well, way better than having to switch between a Sleeper and a False Swipe user, and better accuracy than Hypnosis.

He might not work against Ho'oh, though xD

Well, it's a challenge, but it's better than nothing. In fact, Breloom could be a good choice as well, with 135 base Atk and more than twice the speed as Parasect. I could go for that, it may help. I'll try asking around to see if anyone has a good Adamant Breloom they wouldn't mind cloning/trading for something in my thread.

I use a Smeargle with Spore/False Swipe/Swords Dance/Block. Put it to sleep, Swords Dance 3 times and swipe it. Works like a charm :D

Ragnar: BlueSuperSonic1 did a giveaway for a Smeargle not too long ago with moves Spore and False Swipe. Ask around in Simples Thread or trade with someone to get it. I'm not so sure this is the best place to discuss it though considering it doesn't relate to RNG at all.

About weather effects - from what I know, it doesn't affect anything other than the fact that you can't verify your delays - ie you can't use the coinflip app to verify. A pain for those who want that lovely dive ball Flygon :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)