Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Ok so i justed called Elm 12 times and each responce matched so im on the right track but before i do anything i wanna make sure that i have done this right before talking to Latios.

The game starts on 1 frame no matter what correct? If thats true then my frame should now be 13. Does talking to the pokemon count as a frame or should I just make one last elm call and talk to Latios.

what about if i want a shiny one? i copy one of my flawless seeds(HG) and rng in platinum with the id/sid of HG and it would be shiny if i transfer the egg?

thanks

Sorry i keep bumping this topic but i need to know what i need to do next in order not to screw anything up

The game starts on 1 frame no matter what correct? If thats true then my frame should now be 13. Does talking to the pokemon count as a frame or should I just make one last elm call and talk to Latios.

It starts on frame one if you have no roamers.

12 calls would mean when you talk to Latios he will be on frame 13.
So let's says your frame is 450. Make 449 calls then interact with the pokemon.

So yes you were right.

Ok I did everything i needed to but it didn't come out as a Shiny...

Although It got the Nature I wanted as well as the IVs. I did choose for it to be shiny so im not sure it didn't come out as one.

If it was a flawless shiny spread, did you RNG the ID-SID to make it shiny ?

If it's a random shiny seed, did you make sure to input the correct ID-SID or your game ?

Thats the thing. I did put in my correct ID/SID. Its just a Shiny i want atm(Not a flawless shiny). Is there a spreadsheet with a ton of Shiny spreads? I want make things a lot easier than actually searching for them.

How do "encounter slots" work? I'm trying to RNG wild Pokes (Method K), but don't understand how encounter slots work.

For example, I want to RNG a Houndour, but when I Sweet Scent, it ends up being a Murkrow.

how i can rng abuse headbutt trees?
and how are the encounter slots in the bug contest?
The encounter slots for BCC are not known exactly, but I suggest you ask people who have done it to give you the seed for the specific Pokemon you want. Also you can copy the nature and exact IVs of a BCC Pokemon, put them into PokeRNG, and let it generate the seed. It should give you one but if more than one, take note of the ability. (Ability 0, ability 1)

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thats the thing. I did put in my correct ID/SID. Its just a Shiny i want atm(Not a flawless shiny). Is there a spreadsheet with a ton of Shiny spreads? I want make things a lot easier than actually searching for them.
Aren't you RNGing in Pewter City? There are a ton of NPCs there. Your frame probably got advanced by them without you knowing.

Well I guess i'll need to keep trying. The thing is a pressed X as soon as i started then game and talked to Latios after i verified my seed.

Could It have have anything to do with the Time finder in the RNG reporter?

How do "encounter slots" work? I'm trying to RNG wild Pokes (Method K), but don't understand how encounter slots work.

For example, I want to RNG a Houndour, but when I Sweet Scent, it ends up being a Murkrow.

Haven't checked if this has been answered but click on the encounter slots button, when you (I think) right click your desired frame. It will link you to a site.

Say you're on Route 1 and frame that has the IV/Nature you want has a slot of 4. You look on the site and Route 1 shows that Route 1, slot 4 has Rattata. If you wanted Rattata, then proceed to RNG. If not, continue to the next available frame, and repeat the process.

I'm attempting to try ID/SID RNG for my first time. Am I doing this right?

Since I found a spread, I just copy it's PID and paste it on the leftmost column of Pandora's Box. (which is what i did to get all the IDs).I then used PokeRNG to help cofirm what the shiny spreads are.

I think I'm inputting some terms wrong. I skipped the desired nature and put yes for shiny spreads, I then skipped the minimum Hidden Power. I think this is the part where I messed up:

Should I do the exact IVs or not? If not can i just place random numbers? Sorry for the noobish question lol. When I tried to confirm I didn't get the right results.

I'm attempting to try ID/SID RNG for my first time. Am I doing this right?

Since I found a spread, I just copy it's PID and paste it on the leftmost column of Pandora's Box. (which is what i did to get all the IDs).I then used PokeRNG to help cofirm what the shiny spreads are.yes

I think I'm inputting some terms wrong. I skipped the desired nature and put yes for shiny spreads, I then skipped the minimum Hidden Power. I think this is the part where I messed up:

Should I do the exact IVs or not? If not can i just place random numbers? Sorry for the noobish question lol. When I tried to confirm I didn't get the right results.
It doesnt matter as long as the nature+ IV are correct, but it didnt.

If your rnging on Dppt then you will need a delay around 7000-8000 (7000~7020) is just fine. You will want a huge delay because you will have to spend time at the tv before you will be able to press A.

If its HGSS then its a little tricky, most rnger press a when the timer hit 0 on the last page where oak says "I'll see you later".. I on the other hand press A ~1sec before the timer hit 0.

Can you post the pid of the desired seed to be shiny, along as the min/max delay?

Well basically I'm trying to finding a twin for this spread and it's encounter slots. Here it is I found it with PokeRNG:

PID: b50d5e6e (JOLLY, ability 0) 31/31/30/16/31/31 (Seed: 7106025a Method 1: 663, J (synch): 586, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 586, K (no synch): 636) HP GRASS 59

Seed for the id/sid abuse: 1d0b1b6c
Delay: 7010
Target ID/SID: ot:28540 sid:33821

Spread that will be shiny if target id/sid is reached:
PID: 97667c01 (IMPISH, ability 1) 30/30/30/9/30/30 (Seed: d714078b Method 1: 8, J (synch): 3, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 5, K (no synch): None) HP GROUND 59
PID: 350dde6e (IMPISH, ability 0) 31/31/30/16/31/31 (Seed: ad050e97 Method 1: 180, J (synch): 129, J (no synch): 147, K (synch): 127, K (no synch): None) HP GRASS 59
PID: 1766fc01 (ADAMANT, ability 1) 30/30/30/9/30/30 (Seed: 5714078b Method 1: 8, J (synch): 1, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 2, K (no synch): 1) HP GROUND 59
PID: b50d5e6e (JOLLY, ability 0) 31/31/30/16/31/31 (Seed: 2d050e97 Method 1: 180, J (synch): 103, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 103, K (no synch): 153) HP GRASS 59

This is the way I do it (best to already have the game hard-reset)
1. Use a timer (Pikatimer might be best for this)(or zomgtimer or emloop)
2. Plug the bold seed at the top into rngreporter and select seed-to-time
3. Find a date you want to abuse
4. Put the needed information into the timer(the target seconds and delay)
5. Start the timer.
6. On when the timer hit 0, soft-reset the game and quickly press though all the beginning informaiton until:
a. If dppt you reach the tv and you press A on the tv when the second timer is 0
or
b. if hgss, you press A either 1sec or 0(I recommend you to do) when oak says "I'll see you later" during the second timer.
7. Use the right-portion of panadora box to find the delay you hit.
8. Make adjustment accordingly.

After using the Elm Response tab in RNG Reporter, I am a bit confused by the frame that shows up right after. It brought me up to Frame 4372 and says the Elm is "E" for Evolution. I called him and it was in fact "E" response, and the one after it should be "K". Now if I want to hit Frame 4376 using Sweet Scent, what Frame do I need to be on?
(My Sweet Scent advances by 2)

Frame 4374 is "P"
Frame 4375 is "K"
Frame 4376 is "P"

To be really clear, what should the response of Elm be for the final time I should call him before Sweet Scenting? If it is "P", should it be Frame 4374 or 4376? THANK YOU!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)