Want to write for The Smog? (Yes, you do!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly can't come up with any ideas that haven't been mentioned yet, but I'd love to write an article for The Smog. Even if it happens to be some minuscule topic that no one else want to write about, I'd do it.

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think we should have an article covering the current Little Cup metagame and trends. (I'd be happy to write or co-write with some of the other LC people)

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'd be interested in writing something. The smog is always an amazing read, and I'd be happy to contribute to it!

I need to look around and do my homework, see whats going on. When is the next issue going to be released? Are we working on anything at this time?

I think i can write some underapreciated mon thread. I have seen some underapp'ed sets in the meta that many seems to ignore But good.

Hey guys im kinda interested in writing a type analysis. Is there a type thats free?
Im not saying im 100% gong to do one, but it seems interesting

Hey, I am interested in writing for the smog. Although I'm not a native English speaker, I am fluent in the language and would be willing to write or help in anything at the smog!

We should have an article about the less publicized, possibly forgotten tiers - mainly NU. Haha, but seriously, we should.

I've been meaning to ask for this for a while, but... I haven't. I wanted to say how much I liked the "When a Match is Crit or Miss" article and how it would be nice to see more like it. That is to say, good players annotating a battle between good players. The centerpiece of the article was an discussion of the impact of hax in pokemon, but the real draw was the match analysis. In most other games -- chess, Starcraft -- most of the learning comes from hearing matches between higher class players explained, something which doesn't happen in pokemon. Most warstories, which are the closest thing, are random players playing random players. I guess the reason is that most good pokemon players cbf to explain themselves, which is understandable given the smaller community. But, for instance, while Phil's Protips were really helpful, they would have been ever better if they'd been wrapped in a practical application of their ideas. I was hoping to see more like it -- though, with an understandable delay due to the introduction of fifth gen -- but it doesn't seem like more are coming. So I thought I'd ask. There's not much I could do to help something like this, but I'd contribute whatever I could. If you want a "mediocre player's corner" for beginners who can't understand the thought processes of players like EW yet, I could write that.

I'm not sure if someone else has asked for this already. Someone probably has. Sorry if that's the case.

I would love to see an article on getting started with competitive pokemon. It can be quite overwhelming if the last time you really played was GSC.

I've read that; What I mean is something that serves, not as an introduction to pokemon itself, but as a guide to playing in a given metagame. What leads are the most common and what strategies they employ, notable threats, themed teams to watch out for - that kind of stuff.

I was thinking along the lines of a threat analysis for the most common threats and leads, and some gimmick teams (e.g. Hail), that goes into detail with common movesets and suggested counters. Basically: an in-depth threat analysis, moreso than the ones like you linked from issue 8, which are good but not quite as in-depth as I'd like.

It could be interesting to run that article once every three months, now that I think about it.

When I start playing the Global Battle Union I can write an article about the battles, trends in items/pokemon/weather effects, and anything else that might be interesting, if there is a need for such information in the Smog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)