new metalheads thread

Nineteen years ago today Pantera released Vulgar Display of Power. The horrible album that was the blueprint for nu-metal and the brocore genres. Let's all thank Pantera for spawning all those abominations! ^_^

Nineteen years ago today Pantera released Vulgar Display of Power. The horrible album that was the blueprint for nu-metal and the brocore genres. Let's all thank Pantera for spawning all those abominations! ^_^
do you ever post anything constructive, seriously

stop being a dumbass and either discuss what you like or be a little fucking mature with criticism |:

to follow my own example

Bolt Thrower are pretty good death metal, thought they were overrated for awhile, gave Mercenary a couple listens and listened to some of the rest of their discog and it's solid

RODAN

Banned deucer.
RODANS AVRIL LAVIGNE POST

XD

as you can probably tell i loooooooove avril

shes so edgy and strong

my fav songs have to be like

girlfriend and sk8r boi

do you ever post anything constructive, seriously

stop being a dumbass and either discuss what you like or be a little fucking mature with criticism |:

to follow my own example

Bolt Thrower are pretty good death metal, thought they were overrated for awhile, gave Mercenary a couple listens and listened to some of the rest of their discog and it's solid
Oh I apologize I offended a Pantera fan. Now run along and you treat your step mother with respect!

Bolt Thrower rule, fairly consistent band.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Guys Avril did a cover of Fuel by Metallica she's totally methul!

Just got through watching the Big Four DVD, and it was pretty good. Anthrax sounded great, I don't know a lot, but Caught In A Mosh and Madhouse were highlights. Megadeth were great, I loved the part in the documentary where Dave Ellefson is talking about Shaun's prediction that it won't rain, whereupon it cuts to Holy Wars... yeah. Dave (Mustaine this time) just didn't seem that involved, he let the crowd join in once, I think (If there's a new way..., Peace Sells) and never let them cheer in between songs. He's a great musician, though I don't think his personality is much suited to the stage. Highlights were just their best songs - Holy Wars and Hangar 18, though they really need to start playing Polaris again. Slayer were OK I guess, though I don't like Slayer. Kerry King looked like such a douche it was unbearable (who calls everyone a poser then wears a spiked armband, has half his body covered in ink and has a beard shaped like a penis, seriously), but Metallica were clearly the main event, opening with Creeping Death, played too fast as usual. I was really pleased to hear Harvester Of Sorrow and Blackened in the set, though Trujillo's vocals during the Blackened bridge (Opposition etc) spoiled it a little, though they'll probably never be the same again. Fade To Black and That Was Just Your Life were good as well, though imo James' acoustic tone was a little too bright. Also they played Sanitarium wooooo. All Nightmare Long was good, but let down by not hitting the high notes in the chorus (on the word hunt, if you're interested), and there was one of the best performances of Nothing Else Matters I have seen in a long time, with the crowd nailing it creating a great atmosphere. In Am I Evil, it was awesome to see the guys up there though Geddy Lee Joey Belladonna didn't seem to know what to do when he wasn't singing, as everyone else had an instrument. It was especially great to see Dave Mustaine with the Metallica guys, he genuinely looked like he was enjoying him self. Disappointed that Tom Araya, Jeff Hanneman and Kerry King weren't there, all 17 guys would have made it even more special.[/late]

Guys Avril did a cover of Fuel by Metallica she's totally methul!

Just got through watching the Big Four DVD, and it was pretty good. Anthrax sounded great, I don't know a lot, but Caught In A Mosh and Madhouse were highlights. Megadeth were great, I loved the part in the documentary where Dave Ellefson is talking about Shaun's prediction that it won't rain, whereupon it cuts to Holy Wars... yeah. Dave (Mustaine this time) just didn't seem that involved, he let the crowd join in once, I think (If there's a new way..., Peace Sells) and never let them cheer in between songs. He's a great musician, though I don't think his personality is much suited to the stage. Highlights were just their best songs - Holy Wars and Hangar 18, though they really need to start playing Polaris again. Slayer were OK I guess, though I don't like Slayer. Kerry King looked like such a douche it was unbearable (who calls everyone a poser then wears a spiked armband, has half his body covered in ink and has a beard shaped like a penis, seriously), but Metallica were clearly the main event, opening with Creeping Death, played too fast as usual. I was really pleased to hear Harvester Of Sorrow and Blackened in the set, though Trujillo's vocals during the Blackened bridge (Opposition etc) spoiled it a little, though they'll probably never be the same again. Fade To Black and That Was Just Your Life were good as well, though imo James' acoustic tone was a little too bright. Also they played Sanitarium wooooo. All Nightmare Long was good, but let down by not hitting the high notes in the chorus (on the word hunt, if you're interested), and there was one of the best performances of Nothing Else Matters I have seen in a long time, with the crowd nailing it creating a great atmosphere. In Am I Evil, it was awesome to see the guys up there though Geddy Lee Joey Belladonna didn't seem to know what to do when he wasn't singing, as everyone else had an instrument. It was especially great to see Dave Mustaine with the Metallica guys, he genuinely looked like he was enjoying him self. Disappointed that Tom Araya, Jeff Hanneman and Kerry King weren't there, all 17 guys would have made it even more special.[/late]
I saw the performance in theaters. Anthrax and Megadeth put on the best performances. Slayer and Metallica really bored me. The reason Kerry, Tom, and Jeff didn't play on "Am I Evil?" is because they don't know how to jam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)