5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

How do you RNG a Zoroark? I got the basics of RNG'ing pokemon now (did a Volcarona), but I have no idea how a Zoroark would work. Can you use a Synchronizer to get the right nature?
Thanks!

Is there something on Route 6 that messes with the IVRNG? Because I just got the wrong IVs five times in a row, and I hadn't been having any trouble with previous attempts in other areas.
I'm not sure what route your talking about but if it's the one where you breed then I'm pretty sure it's to do with the NPC's on that route. I've heard theres a ton of them on that route.

@ hoiboy:
Are you talking about the Zoroark in Lostlorn Forest? If so, it is pretty much like any other stationary Pokemon, meaning that you can use a synchronizer.

I've only just started using method 5 natures myself, but when I tried to calibrate my PIDRNG frame, I found no results until I tried copying the full seed. I was mad, too, I thought I had found a shiny perfect Virizion on frame 74. No such luck. I'll get back to you if I find out more, but try the full seed. Either that, or you have your SID wrong.

Edit: You may also need to calibrate for your starting PIDRNG frame. Record what nature/ability/gender the egg is after 0, 1, and 2 saves and see if you can find those results on frame x, x+1, and x+2 in method 5 natures. x is your starting frame.
So basically guess and check to find the "x" frame.

Also, I'm guessing a synchronizer pokemon probably won't help me get the nature I want. Been trying to get a Timid Cobalion, but he keeps ending up as Bold in spite of my synchronizer. Admittedly, though, I have only been trying with a synchronizer for about 4 or 5 times now. The IVs are fine, but that darn Bold nature keeps coming up.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also, I'm guessing a synchronizer pokemon probably won't help me get the nature I want. Been trying to get a Timid Cobalion, but he keeps ending up as Bold in spite of my synchronizer. Admittedly, though, I have only been trying with a synchronizer for about 4 or 5 times now. The IVs are fine, but that darn Bold nature keeps coming up.
Synchronize changes half of the frames to its nature. If the frame you happen to keep landing on isn't one of the ones it changes, then it isn't going to help you. All it does is make it easier to find a good frame.

Synchronize changes half of the frames to its nature. If the frame you happen to keep landing on isn't one of the ones it changes, then it isn't going to help you. All it does is make it easier to find a good frame.
bearsfan recommended saving to work around that. I will try and see if that helps. I think I tried saving before and the IVs were all screwy. Of course I probably missed my IV seed that time.

EDIT: Thank you for the response. I do appreciate it. This RNG noob is definitely muddling his way through this.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
bearsfan recommended saving to work around that. I will try and see if that helps. I think I tried saving before and the IVs were all screwy.
Right. Saving advances the PIDRNG. If you don't do that (or use another method to advance it) then you will always get the same nature every time you do it.

2 Questions:

Do we still need our SID for shiny pokes in 5th Gen?

and

Is there a guide for RNG breeding?(non C-gear of course)

I've been trying to get a Cobalion with this seed, but haven't hit my seed once. I've checked IVs via parameter finder like this, but nothing ever comes up. I've tried this with three different seeds, multiple times per seed.

Seed: 4619586E47D3EC9C
Frame 5
Date/Time: 04/14/2011 06:26:58
KeyPress: Left

EDIT: Parameter data
vcount: 60
timer0: C7C
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 8
actual seconds: +1

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
synchronize is not 50%.

If the button action for a standard SEED is A, do I have to lift my thumb and press it again after pressing it to start the game from the menu, or can I just keep it pressed?

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Bulbapedia and Serebii both disagree with you. Regardless, that wasn't the point of my post.
sync: seed >> 63, highest bit doesn't fluctuate on and off. in a linear congruential generator, the lowest bit does. (which would be 50%)

so no, they're both wrong.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
considering i'm one of the ones who worked on it, i would hope i know. rng reporter does >>63 for the sync and so does pidrng and neither show anything like that when i search. nice try. sync is not a 50% chance of occurring.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Source? Also, just tested it with a random seed, and exactly 200 of the first 400 frames were the sync nature.
here's saus

Was browsing the net looking for some infoz, mainly the synchronization check, hmmmmmm

http://ameblo.jp/xyz-wing/day-20101116.html

XYZ Wing + Google Translate said:
SEED: S [n +1] = S [n] * 0x5D588B656C078965 + 0x269EC3
Numbers: r [n] = S [n +1]>> 32
Synchro determined: (r [n]>> 63) = 0x1 (32bit I was standing, sync)
Incidence: (r [n +1]>> 48) / 0x290
Character Values: ① r [n +3] ^ 0x00010000 (Reshiramu is here. Another legend?)
② r [n +3] ^ 0x80010000 (wild: 1bit 32bit and at different times of the value here)
③ r [n +3] ^ 0x10010000 (Reshiramu if it was the wrong color, avoiding over here)
Character value: (r [n +4] * 0x19)>> 32 (if synchronized, to promote the desired character?)
Kaphotics' Ghetto Translation said:
SEED: S [n +1] = S [n] * 0x5D588B656C078965 + 0x269EC3 === RNG Algorithm
Numbers: r [n] = S [n +1]>> 32 === Upper 32 bits of RNG, used for XOR decision, sync check too?
Synchro determined: (r [n]>> 63) = 0x1 (32bit I was standing, sync) === Synchronization Check
Incidence: (r [n +1]>> 48) / 0x290 === Encounter Slot Value (0-100)
Character Values: ① r [n +3] ^ 0x00010000 (Reshiramu is here. Another legend?) === Wild PID XOR 1 / Mystery Gift
② r [n +3] ^ 0x80010000 (wild: 1bit 32bit and at different times of the value here) === Wild PID XOR 2 / explaination of the choice (which we know)
③ r [n +3] ^ 0x10010000 (Reshiramu if it was the wrong color, avoiding over here) === Shiny Reshiram/Zekrom XOR
Character value: (r [n +4] * 0x19)>> 32 (if synchronized, to promote the desired character?) === Nature Value
Sync? Incidence = Occurance/Appearance Rate (encounter slot? more stuff here)

I'll make sense of it tomorrow if it isn't by then :P. Hope it's not wrong!

working on the eggskipping invalid PIDs

considering i'm one of the ones who worked on it, i would hope i know. rng reporter does >>63 for the sync and so does pidrng and neither show anything like that when i search. nice try. sync is not a 50% chance of occurring.
Maybe that's a reason that I'm not getting the Timid Victini... :P What's the real chance then?

What range should my PID frame be on after 256 steps in a cave? I know for starting it's 40-60, but I'm not sure about after you walk. I assumed approximately 296-316 in my case, but I'm not finding anything. And it seems like I keep getting inconsistent results in-game after 1 PID advance or 2. So it's making this tougher.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
So maybe my experiences were just a fluke, then. Regardless, as I said, that wasn't my point, which is that it affects specific frames, so if you're stuck on one it doesn't affect, it won't help you.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Source? Also, just tested it with a random seed, and exactly 200 of the first 400 frames were the sync nature.
Everybody's right here. Bond is right that it doesn't flip flop every other frame, while Voodoo Pimp is right that overall it has a 50% chance of occurring (when looking across a large enough selection of frames) because it is decided based on a single bit.

So Standard seeds are pretty easy going so far, but I've come across one strange scenario.

Seed: 26446296FB1814E3
Frame: 29 (796 steps with a party of four for advancement)
Spread: 30/31/30/19/31/31

I am able to hit this seed just fine. I did frame advancements, caught a poke to check nature and slot enc values, while incrementing the PID frame with Chatot as I went along, so as to establish a nature pattern for searching for my starting PID frame. Of course, I verified that I hit my seed every time.

When I had enough data, I was able to deduce that the pattern I was hitting started at PID frame 940. (pattern of Timid followed by Modest)

So I hit my seed, did my advancements, and Chatot'd my way up to what I assumed would be PID 960. Upon further investigation, 20 Chatots got me to what appeared to be PID frame 962. (or so I thought...)

So I hit my seed again, did frame advancements again, and Chatoted 18 times. Aiming for 960, but doing two fewer Chatots to compensate for the previously perceived offset.

I was able to deduce that the poke I then caught was either on PID frame 500 or 776. (through process of elimination) A Quiet Male Mienfoo with Regenerator. (Frame 547 was ruled out because it would have synced up with my Jolly syncer, and many others were ruled out due to their ESV, ability or gender.)

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong? 940 seemed high for the starting PID after my IV frame advancements, but I just figured that it was advancing due to all the IV frame advancement steps that I had to take.

Is it possible that I was advancing the PID frame irregularly during my nature pattern finding stage? What could I be doing while IV frame advancing that could cause this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)