5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok, I found the same Bold nature on frame 40. So if I found a Timid nature on frame 52, I would save 12 times the next time? Also, I do the same thing as last time except with 4 pokemon instead of 3?
Let me be clear: the Bold nature you got on your Tornadus is in the hundreds, because the rain has already advance the PIDRNG by hundreds by the time the encounter is over. You have no power to choose your roamer's nature.

This probably doesn't matter, but I'm just curious. How come when looking at the natures on RNG Reporter some natures aren't in full black text? Like bashful for example.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This probably doesn't matter, but I'm just curious. How come when looking at the natures on RNG Reporter some natures aren't in full black text? Like bashful for example.
Neutral natures are greyed out. It's been like that since two years ago.

Let me be clear: the Bold nature you got on your Tornadus is in the hundreds, because the rain has already advance the PIDRNG by hundreds by the time the encounter is over. You have no power to choose your roamer's nature.
probably the next stupid question you're facing: can you not even use synchronize to at least have a 50% shot at getting the right nature? =/

btw, huge thanks for all your research and work on this!

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I'm trying to non C-Gear abuse the Tornadus on my game. The seed I need to hit will give me these IV's; 31/26/30/31/31/31, which have a starting frame of 1, same as Tornadus. So, I'm saved in front of the exit of that house, hit my seed and then I got out of the house and find it, but I keep getting these IV's; 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 3 - 4 / 30 - 31 / 31

What am I doing wrong? And what do you guys need to know more to solve this problem?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
I'm trying to non C-Gear abuse the Tornadus on my game. The seed I need to hit will give me these IV's; 31/26/30/31/31/31, which have a starting frame of 1, same as Tornadus. So, I'm saved in front of the exit of that house, hit my seed and then I got out of the house and find it, but I keep getting these IV's; 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 3 - 4 / 30 - 31 / 31

What am I doing wrong? And what do you guys need to know more to solve this problem?
The seed. Like the rules say you should be posting.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Alright, but I guess you need to know my parameters and Mac Address as well?
Here's my seed: 78CBF9F9AE0365A2
Not really, it's clear you hit the seed consistently.

You forgot to change the encounter type to Roamer instead of Wild Pokemon when doing the search, and in the main window. Change it and you'll see where you went wrong.

Buckert

Not really, it's clear you hit the seed consistently.

You forgot to change the encounter type to Roamer instead of Wild Pokemon when doing the search, and in the main window. Change it and you'll see where you went wrong.
Ah... Without opening the RNG reporter I suddenly understand it! Thank you for clearing this out! :)

I haven't learned anything on Standard Abuse, but generally, am I able to just RNG for the Ivs and just use a synch? Finding the Pokemon was never really the problem, but hitting the delay in C Gear was.
Still wondering.

I have a question ,I'm trying to RNGing eggs, I found a seed with a frame 8 with good ivs also It contains in the PIDRNG a shiny in frame 64.
I usually land with this seed in frame 46(PIDRNG) so I advanced the PIDRNG with a chatot a total of 18 times,then I took the egg.
When It hatched it wasn't shiny but I landed in the frame 64 confirmed with the nature,ability and gender but It wasn't shiny.

I'm doing this process like 6 to 7 times and it's always the same got the ivs and landed in the correct frame (PIDRNG) but no shiny.
All my parameters are correct because I already caught Wild shinies and flawless stationary legends with my parameters and using ID/SID.
Someone know what im doing wrong? I hope anyone that already know alot about 5 gen non C-gear or OmegaDonut if it's not much trouble can u tell me what I'm doing wrong thanks in advance.
Here is a new seed I'm using with the same results:56570209FD2782DB PID frame 69

- Is the Encounter Type for daycare eggs 'Gift Pokemon (Non-Mystery Gift)'?
- When using non c-gear, is there a way to find out which IVs are inherited from the parents?
- If there is/isn't, would it be better to let the parents hold an everstone, power items or hold nothing at all?
- How do power items and everstone affect the PIDRNG?
- How do I search which seed/frame I hit when do not get the result I want?

Thanks.
Not to sound obnoxious or anything, but my questions have been ignored for the past few pages. Is it because no one knows the answer or I broke some rules and therefore everyone's ignoring the posts? >.<

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yes
- Is there a way to find out which IVs are inherited from the parents?
No, half are from parents (inheritance determined by PIDRNG seed), half are from the MTRNG seed.
- If there is/isn't, would it be better to let the parents hold an everstone, power items or hold nothing at all?
Everstone
They force it to do something else, don't use them as we can't predict them.
Find the inheritance pattern depending on how many saves/chatots you do. Then you can find how many you need to hit your target frame. Just like every other type of standard abuse, you have to calibrate to find the initial frame.
RNG Reporter currently doesn't predict eggs right, so wait until it is supported.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Yes. Kind of. It'll give you the right shiny PID, at least. The exact frame might be a bit off.

- When using non c-gear, is there a way to find out which IVs are inherited from the parents?
The hard way. You'd have to be sure you hit your IVRNG seed\frame, and then compare with the list of inheritances under Breeding (BW).

I recommend both for breeding for this reason.

We haven't done much testing on Power items. As for the Everstone, try selecting an Everstone nature under Breeding (BW) and see for yourself.[/quote]

See: the hard way, above.

So I'm trying to grab a Foongus from one of those Pokeballs...just to make sure beforehand, this would use the stationary option while using non c-gear abuse right?

Anyways, there's this asshole wandering NPC right around above...I was wondering, if I stood in front of him so he kept running into me, would that stop him from advancing the PID frame or not? Because my syncher obviously isn't cooperating very well, and trying to figure out how many times to save for the right nature is kinda impossible if he's just running freely above.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So I'm trying to grab a Foongus from one of those Pokeballs...just to make sure beforehand, this would use the stationary option while using non c-gear abuse right?

Anyways, there's this asshole wandering NPC right around above...I was wondering, if I stood in front of him so he kept running into me, would that stop him from advancing the PID frame or not? Because my syncher obviously isn't cooperating very well, and trying to figure out how many times to save for the right nature is kinda impossible if he's just running freely above.
Stationary pokeball.... stationary encounter...

You can't mess with moving NPCs, he can just walk a different direction. There's probably more on that map. Just be smart about how you calibrate.

In the newest version there is a drop down option of Breeding (BW) which actually does to some degree predict what is inherited.
Haven't tested the newest non april fools one. Every version so far has not implemented the inheritance skipping. When it's done, it's done :P
I mean't to say "it doesn't predict eggs correctly yet"
correct me if I'm wrong
I haven't learned anything on Standard Abuse, but generally, am I able to just RNG for the Ivs and just use a synch? Finding the Pokemon was never really the problem, but hitting the delay in C Gear was.
Not gonna lie, this is a pretty stupid question. Your answer is yes.

RNG Reporter currently doesn't predict eggs right, so wait until it is supported.
Thanks for the reply. :)

Yes. Kind of. It'll give you the right shiny PID, at least. The exact frame might be a bit off.

The hard way. You'd have to be sure you hit your IVRNG seed\frame, and then compare with the list of inheritances under Breeding (BW).

I recommend both for breeding for this reason.

We haven't done much testing on Power items. As for the Everstone, try selecting an Everstone nature under Breeding (BW) and see for yourself.

See: the hard way, above.
Thanks, I get it now. Is the only way to be sure that I hit my IVRNG seed/frame is to check the egg's IVs?

Not gonna lie, this is a pretty stupid question. Your answer is yes.
Actually it's not stupid. I've hearing constant things about synchs doing something to standard abuse. Now I may be wrong since I was skimming, but I haven't even started standard abuse and probably won't until a guide is written.

For those asking how to RNG eggs, I recommend catching semi-random flawless parents before attempting to do so, and when breeding, to not use Power Items at all like Kaphotics and OD suggested.

This way you're garanteed a flawless baby (flawless parents + flawless spread). Even though it requires further preparatives, it works more consistently this way.

1) RNG Reporter includes the +1 for roamers when listing IVs. You were short one advance.

2) The rain advances the PIDRNG by hundreds per second. Your PID frame is most definitely not 3. (p.s. the PIDRNG starts around frame 40-60)
Since I was short one advancement, I would do 384 steps with five pokemon in my party and then release thundurus?

Buckert

Every time I leave the house to release Tornadus without doing any PID frame advancements, would Tornadus' nature be the same every time? That would make it a bit easier since I had to save 7 times now, and I still don't have the right nature >_>

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Every time I leave the house to release Tornadus without doing any PID frame advancements, would Tornadus' nature be the same every time? That would make it a bit easier since I had to save 7 times now, and I still don't have the right nature >_>
You have no power to control roamer natures. The rain advances the PIDRNG ~120 times a second.

Buckert

You have no power to control roamer natures. The rain advances the PIDRNG hundreds of times a second.
Yeah, I've read that rain part in MeGaMaN X's quote, but I was asking just to make sure saving doesn't help. Thanks again. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)