5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hm, I'm having some problems with Virizion.

I'm aiming for seed 40179A5A9074D91E which is apparently 31/30/30/31/31/31 on Frame 1, with no button pressed at 16/4/2011, 12:45:08. However, the spreads I'm hitting aren't what I was expecting; I'm either hitting 27 / 28 / 26 / 20 / 7 / 1 , or something else with a 16 or 17 HP IV and I forget the rest. I couldn't even find that spread when I searched for it... Any ideas?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I'm having some trouble with finding my PID starting frame, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I have this:

Seed: 21AF18DCF35FF9B6
Synch nature: Timid
Ammount of saving:
Female ability 0 Bashful = 0x
Female ability 1 Bold = 1x
Female ability 0 Timid = 2x
Female ability 1 Bold = 3x

I just can't seem to find at which frame I'm starting >_>

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Here is the quesion.
I got my ds parameters, which are
Vcount 60
Timer0 C7C
GxStat 6
Vframe 6
So i pressed Use result in time finder and when i try to generate seed nothing happens.
I switched to method 5 standart seed, enc type Stationary pok (i try to rng reshiram).
What am I doing wrong? Sry for the stupid question :-p
Did you remember to enter the month? Did you double-check to make sure the DS parameters fields were filled?

Ok, I'm pretty sure this question has been asked before, but how does breeding work in B/W?
I have a male Herdier with a Calm nature, Helping Hand and the IVs 31/11/31/31/31/3, and a female Musharna with a Brave nature and the IVs of 31/30/31/31/31/26.
I want a Munna with a Calm nature, Helping Hand and IVs of 31/x/31/x/31/x.
I know I give an Everstone to Herdier and a power item to Musharna, but is the rest just luck? Do I look for spreads in RNG reporter?
I apologize if this question has been asked before and I didn't see it.

Now I'm trying to catch Cobalion currently, and I was just wondering how I would go about advancing the frame to 8. This is my first attempt at RNG'ing anything, and I'm fairly certain I understand how it works. My question comes from the idea of advancing it by stepping 128 times. I'm using super repels to prevent me from encountering non-cobalion pokemon and I have 5 pokemon in my party, but what actually constitutes as a step? Actually moving a space, or does rotating count as well?

Now I'm trying to catch Cobalion currently, and I was just wondering how I would go about advancing the frame to 8. This is my first attempt at RNG'ing anything, and I'm fairly certain I understand how it works. My question comes from the idea of advancing it by stepping 128 times. I'm using super repels to prevent me from encountering non-cobalion pokemon and I have 5 pokemon in my party, but what actually constitutes as a step? Actually moving a space, or does rotating count as well?
Actually moving a space.

Are you trying to do this with C-Gear or Standard (Non C-Gear)? Also, which version of RNG Reporter are you using? The latest version already accounts for the starting frame of 3 for C-Gear, so you'll have to do 7 advances and not 5.

If you have the latest version/are doing this with a standard seed:

You need to make 7 advances since you start on frame 1. To advance 7 frames, the only way it can happen would be to walk 128 steps with 1 pokemon 7 times. So it would be (128x7) steps with 1 pokemon.

Basically, every 128 steps, the RNG that determines the IVs advances z frames, if z is the number of pokes in your party. You can step, run, or bike the step - it doesn't matter which of the three you do, in regards to advancing your frame. Turning in place only advances the nature/PID RNG.

Also, you're going to have difficulty getting to even numbered target frames. The only way you'd be able to do it for a target frame of 8, using the methods the researchers have found, is to have 1 poke in your party and walk seven sets of 128 steps.

Hm, I'm having some problems with Virizion.

I'm aiming for seed 40179A5A9074D91E which is apparently 31/30/30/31/31/31 on Frame 1, with no button pressed at 16/4/2011, 12:45:08. However, the spreads I'm hitting aren't what I was expecting; I'm either hitting 27 / 28 / 26 / 20 / 7 / 1 , or something else with a 16 or 17 HP IV and I forget the rest. I couldn't even find that spread when I searched for it... Any ideas?
Can anyone help? I tried a different seed, and it worked fine; it's just this particular one that's not working for me...

I'm having some trouble with finding my PID starting frame, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I have this:

Seed: 21AF18DCF35FF9B6
Synch nature: Timid
Ammount of saving:
Female ability 0 Bashful = 0x
Female ability 1 Bold = 1x
Female ability 0 Timid = 2x
Female ability 1 Bold = 3x

I just can't seem to find at which frame I'm starting >_>
Do not use a sync, as it makes you very difficult to get an accurate result!

@Above; Enter the IVs in the DS Parameters and search, then you find out what Seed you got (+which second)

I'm using the C-Gear method. I can't use the non-C-Gear because I have a DSi. I've been told it doesn't work on DSi's...so I guess I have to wait for that to be taken care of. Anyway. What I've been doing is following this video. I have the 9.0 version I believe as well.

I'm having trouble determining what my starting PID frame is. I'm saved in front of Cobalion and Master Balling it without walking, just using Chatot to advance the PID by an extra one each time. The trouble is, I've looked up the nature sequence all the way up to frame 2000 and found no match. Here's the details:

Seed: E82D4C91CBA49E29
naughty
lax
naughty
relaxed
serious
lax
relaxed
modest

Now, I know I'm hitting the seed correctly as the characteristic and HP match up with the frame 1 IVs(5/29/18/29/1/3 Quick Tempered/Very Finicky and HP Dragon). I've also succesfully RNGd the Zorua event with this seed and got the same nature results(Hasty showed up either one or two after the Modest and I called it quits at that). I'm also not using a sync, so I know that's not screwing things up. If anyone can help me out with a match or knows what's going wrong, I'd appreciate it.

Also, I've noticed that when outputting results to CSV with the latest RNG Reporter, it replaces the key press buttons with numbers.

Is there a non April Fools version of the new RNG Reporter yet? I don't like changing the date on my computer, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)