5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

If I have to advance one advancement (to reach Frames 2-6) would that mean my minimum PID Frame would have to be at least 128 + my starting frame + any advancements from turning? That means I can't use my seed with a shiny PID on Frame 68 if the IV Frame is 10.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
I'm having trouble determining what my starting PID frame is. I'm saved in front of Cobalion and Master Balling it without walking, just using Chatot to advance the PID by an extra one each time. The trouble is, I've looked up the nature sequence all the way up to frame 2000 and found no match. Here's the details:

Seed: E82D4C91CBA49E29
naughty
lax
naughty
relaxed
serious
lax
relaxed
modest

Now, I know I'm hitting the seed correctly as the characteristic and HP match up with the frame 1 IVs(5/29/18/29/1/3 Quick Tempered/Very Finicky and HP Dragon). I've also succesfully RNGd the Zorua event with this seed and got the same nature results(Hasty showed up either one or two after the Modest and I called it quits at that). I'm also not using a sync, so I know that's not screwing things up. If anyone can help me out with a match or knows what's going wrong, I'd appreciate it.

Also, I've noticed that when outputting results to CSV with the latest RNG Reporter, it replaces the key press buttons with numbers.

your first naughty catch is on frame 47.

Just want to confirm I got everything set up, I'm going for Thundurus and I found a spread on frame 2. So basically all I have to do is save one step before leaving the house?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I'm about to do 13182 PID frame advancements. I've checked my starting frame, and when testing, I found out that saving advances the frame by 1, and turning advances the frame by 2. If I'm at the 2nd floor of the Celestial Tower, where I can find Litwick with a 100% encounter rate, but there are NPC's, which aren't moving, would there be anything that can be in my way? I mean, when turning I still have to make 6591 turns, and I don't want to screw that. And I don't have any other seeds on hand with a possible lower Shiny PID frame.

If I have to advance one advancement (to reach Frames 2-7) would that mean my minimum PID Frame would have to be at least 128 + my starting frame + any advancements from turning? That means I can't use my seed with a shiny PID on Frame 68 if the IV Frame is 10.
New page. I'd like to know what seeds I can use as I have a really long list of them but if this is true then most of them cannot be used :(

What I think:
0 advancements (Frame 1) = PID is between 40 and 60
1 advancements (Frame 2-7) = PID is between 168 and 188 + turning PID advancements
2 advancements (Frame 8-13) = PID is between 296 and 316 + turning PID advancements

I'm about to do 13182 PID frame advancements. I've checked my starting frame, and when testing, I found out that saving advances the frame by 1, and turning advances the frame by 2. If I'm at the 2nd floor of the Celestial Tower, where I can find Litwick with a 100% encounter rate, but there are NPC's, which aren't moving, would there be anything that can be in my way? I mean, when turning I still have to make 6591 turns, and I don't want to screw that. And I don't have any other seeds on hand with a possible lower Shiny PID frame.
Are you pasting the full seed into theoretical natures? I usually have a lot of PIDs in the 3-4 digit range.

Buckert

Are you pasting the full seed into theoretical natures? I usually have a lot of PIDs in the 3-4 digit range.
Yes I did, and the first Timid Shiny spread with the ability I need is on PID frame 13227. I think I can do that if I just relax and take the time, but I want to know if there is something that can screw it for me, besides if I miscount.

Wow, buckert.. All I can say is good luck. That's gonna take a lot of concentration and focus to pull off.

If I were you, I would test by making 50 turns or whatever and see if you get what is expected.

Buckert

Hehe, thanks :P Well I'll start on an easier one for now, found one of my other spreads (Brave one this time) has a lower Shiny PID frame, and I can try at a place in which there are no NPC's. Just check the Discuss My Pokémon thread in the next 2 hours ^_^

Let me see if I'm going about this right. My target seed is 916B63C15748A620. I'm catching a Litwick in the Celestial tower on the second floor. The IV Frame is 49. I would take 1024 steps with 6 Pokemon in my party to get to that IV Frame. My path involves 16 steps and 2 turns to get to the same spot for a total of 128 turns.
My PID frame would be as follows:
Starting PID (40-60) + 1024 (1024 steps in area with wild Pokemon) + 256 (128 turns) = anywhere from 1320 to 1340. My target PID is 1490 so I would need from 75 to 85 additional turns to advance the last 150 to 170 frames.

Alright I need some serious help with the breeding side of things because something is going wrong. My target frame is 19, and if I start from frame 8 as is my understanding with breeding, that means a total of 11 advances. I use the computer in the daycare centre to withdraw a pokémon, making the total in my party 4, and advancing a further 7 frames. I then proceed to walk another 128 steps with those 4 pokémon in my party, and my 128th step takes me outside the daycare centre. I hold left while the outside area loads and spam A to get the egg, I proceed to hatch it, and if done correctly, regardless of inheritance, the 3 non inherited IVs should be the ones specified by my seed, 31 in this case, however upon checking them, often only 1 of them is at 31, and that would be inherited from parent B which is a flawless ditto. What's going wrong?

EDIT: Never mind, tried a different seed and it was bang on the money.

Question about RNGing eggs.

I know eggs start on frame 8 so can I use a seed with the frame equal to or greater than 8 that I recieved from a Wild Pokemon seed?

wondered if anyone could just give me a quick answer, thanks
No, you need to take 128 steps with 1 pokemon in your party to advance the frame by 1.

EDIT: Also I would like to thank everyone for all the information in this thread. It has allowed me to successfully rng a Shiny Cobalion with pretty good stats/nature :D

I need some help, a really strange problem showed up..

I'm trying to capture Reshiram (Non-shiny) with the C-Gear Method. The seed is C157857B and the Frame is 12. The Delay is 1951 and my Mac Adress 497DD1. I had already successfully RNGd some other stationary pokemon.

So I started to check my initial delay by capturing Reshiram (immediately after I hit "yes" in the C-Gear, without advancing the frame) and checking its IVs. The RNG reporter however, can't find anything when I search this spread with "Search IVs"
I chose Delays -+10 and Seconds -+1 and I'm absolutely sure that I at least hit the right second (I did this several times already, and never had any problems until now).

Could someone help me please? ;(

I have a problem. I searched for a shiny non-c-gear spread with certain IVs, but the frames of the shiny spreads the time finder gave me were wrong. in fact, if I put the seeds in the main window of the rngreporter and click on "generate", it tells me that the shiny spreads are different. I got a pokemon with the nature's spread that the timer finder gave me as shiny and it was not shiny. I'm sure I got the right seed and spread, so the problem is the time finder.

I have a problem. I searched for a shiny non-c-gear spread with certain IVs, but the frames of the shiny spreads the time finder gave me were wrong. in fact, if I put the seeds in the main window of the rngreporter and click on "generate", it tells me that the shiny spreads are different. I got a pokemon with the nature's spread that the timer finder gave me as shiny and it was not shiny. I'm sure I got the right seed and spread, so the problem is the time finder.
I had the same problem. It would've been really nice if the time finder was consistant with shiny frames. I had to check each seed in the main window until I got a seed whose frame and nature corresponded with the time finder in order to get my desired shiny cobalion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)