5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm trying to find a seed for a shiny Pokemon with very specific IVs(the only one that can vary is attack, and I still need it to be even to get HP Fire). For anyone who's already done this, what search options did you use? I'm currently trying it with a max frame of 20 and so far not a single match. Should I go higher than that?

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Maybe that's a reason that I'm not getting the Timid Victini... :P What's the real chance then?
i think we might be talking about different things, looking back. for any given seed, you have 1 bit which is 0 or 1. that's obviously 50/50. for awhile, the thought was that sync occurred every other frame due to a bad formula. i was talking about the latter, he was obviously talking about the former. so we're both right in terms of what we were each talking about. problem solved, my mistake.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How do you check the starting PID of a seed?
Trial and error. Hit the seed, catch something, check the stats (nature, ability, gender, and encounter code). Hit the seed again, save once, catch something, check the stats. Repeat until you figure out where it is.

At least, that's how I've been doing it. There may be a faster way.

- Is the Encounter Type for daycare eggs 'Gift Pokemon (Non-Mystery Gift)'?
- When using non c-gear, is there a way to find out which IVs are inherited from the parents?
- If there is/isn't, would it be better to let the parents hold an everstone, power items or hold nothing at all?
- How do power items and everstone affect the PIDRNG?
- How do I search which seed/frame I hit when do not get the result I want?

Thanks.
Um, anyone? :x

I haven't learned anything on Standard Abuse, but generally, am I able to just RNG for the Ivs and just use a synch? Finding the Pokemon was never really the problem, but hitting the delay in C Gear was.

Any suggestions on what I should increase my search options to in order to find a shiny pokemon with very specific IVs? I currently have the Max Frame at 20, should I go higher? Also, Max Shiny Frame(not even sure exactly what this is) is at 300, should I increase that as well?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
How exactly do roaming Pokémon work? The seed was supposed to be 30/30/30/31/31/31 (Roaming Pokémon encounter type was selected), but the IVs I got were 30-31/30-31/30-31/20-22/31/31.

How exactly do roaming Pokémon work? The seed was supposed to be 30/30/30/31/31/31 (Roaming Pokémon encounter type was selected), but the IVs I got were 30-31/30-31/30-31/20-22/31/31.
Did you generate under "Roaming Pokemon," and display IVs on the main screen under "Roaming Pokemon?"

Ok, I think I'm having some problems with my frames.
I am trying to find a male Lillipup with a Calm nature on Route 1. A look at the Encounter Slots and RNG Reporter shows that my PIDRNG frame is 66.
I thought I was on frame 49, so I viewed chatot's summary 17 times. I sweet scented and found out I was on the wrong frame. I recalibrated in Terrakion's room (no NPCs) and my natures were: Jolly, Hardy (1 chatot view), Lonely (2 views), and Quiet (3 views)
I tried looking in RNG Reporter for those natures, but I'm around frame 900 and found nothing yet.

My seed is 6E21946EBB3F89C5, the time is April 1, 2011 at 9:50:40, my MAC address is 00241E0FED28, and the Timer0 is C7C.
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Did you generate under "Roaming Pokemon," and display IVs on the main screen under "Roaming Pokemon?"

Started the game at that time, watched the cutscene, caught Thundurus, and then all of its stats were right except for SpA.

Edit: did it again, same result.

So...for finding your PID, I'm guessing you can't simply just convert the values of a caught shiny or whatever in the game can you? Or does that trick still work?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Here is the next public beta release of RNG Reporter 9, the final one before official release.

So...for finding your PID, I'm guessing you can't simply just convert the values of a caught shiny or whatever in the game can you? Or does that trick still work?
Nope.

So, if I have a roamer frame of 15, do I withdraw a pokemon from the PC to advance the frame by 7, and then do 256 steps with 3 pokemon in my party putting me at frame 14, and then walk outside and go through the cutscene and release thundurus since he advances the frame by one to frame 15?

Ok, another stupid question, and I apologise greatly, and thank you for dealing with my temporary incovenience:
Anyway why is Non-C Gear abuse different within different version consoles (Ds/Dsi/3DS), it said in the description, that the seed is determined when you soft reset the game?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok, another stupid question, and I apologise greatly, and thank you for dealing with my temporary incovenience:
Anyway why is Non-C Gear abuse different within different version consoles (Ds/Dsi/3DS), it said in the description, that the seed is determined when you soft reset the game?
Standard seeds (formerly known as non C-Gear) are encrypted. We know the encrypted messages for DS Lites\Originals, so we can predict them. But for DSis this is unknown. Soft-resetting and AR use also changes the encryption message in a way we do not know. This is why we cannot predict seeds under those circumstances.

So, if I have a roamer frame of 15, do I withdraw a pokemon from the PC to advance the frame by 7, and then do 256 steps with 3 pokemon in my party putting me at frame 14, and then walk outside and go through the cutscene and release thundurus since he advances the frame by one to frame 15?
Ok, I did the above steps and came out with a bold thundurus with these IVs: 17/31/30/31/30/31.

Seed: 4bb903f1ce3e08
Time: 13:43:14
Target IVs: 31/30/30/31/31/31
Target Frame: 15
Date: 4/27/2011

I plugged my full seed into the Method 5 (Theoretical Natures) and got Bold as the 3rd frame. Does that mean the PID was on frame 3?

EDIT: I plugged in my obtained IVs into the Time Finder, and it told me that I was on frame 20 with a different seed. What should I do?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Ok, I did the above steps and came out with a bold thundurus with these IVs: 17/31/30/31/30/31.

Seed: 4bb903f1ce3e08
Time: 13:43:14
Target IVs: 31/30/30/31/31/31
Target Frame: 15
Date: 4/27/2011

I plugged my full seed into the Method 5 (Theoretical Natures) and got Bold as the 3rd frame. Does that mean the PID was on frame 3?
1) RNG Reporter includes the +1 for roamers when listing IVs. You were short one advance.

2) The rain advances the PIDRNG by hundreds per second. Your PID frame is most definitely not 3. (p.s. the PIDRNG starts around frame 40-60)

Ok, I found the same Bold nature on frame 40. So if I found a Timid nature on frame 52, I would save 12 times the next time? Also, I do the same thing as last time except with 4 pokemon instead of 3?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)