5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
There's a weird issue I've noticed. When you increment your min frame it causes the searches on Time Finder to increase dramatically. It takes 10x+ less time to generate 1 to 8 on frames than it does to only generate 8 to 8.

But now, with the different types listed in the Time Finder, I wonder: is it mandatory to use them ? (for the Roamer one, I suppose yes, but what about stationary legendary/wild capture/gift pokemon ?).
I believe there is only a slight difference between the three. It's probably best to use the proper one when you're attempting that type of Pokemon.

I'm having some issues with breeding. Either I'm doing it wrong, or the nature/inheritance sequence generated by RNG reporter is wrong, because no matter what hatches from the egg, I can't marry it up to anything in the sequence. I use the main RNG reporter window, I choose Breeding (BW) from the drop down menu, select my everstone nature, paste my full seed in and check the box that says ditto parent, because I am using a ditto parent, and the generated list seems to be wrong. Any ideas?

EDIT: Also what's the deal with parent A and B being changed to M and F? What happens if you're breeding a genderless with a ditto? Also if you're breeding with a ditto, does it count as the M or the F?

Seed: 3589432317D82E28
Frame: 6
IVs: 31/10/30/31/31/31
Date: 04/02/11
Time: 10:01:39
Timer0: C7F
Keypresses: Down

But I guess the problem is not on the seed. Is the NPC has something to do with this? I'm trying to catch Cobalion by the way.

Thanks! :)
There's no NPCs there that can mess with your seed.

EDIT: This seed doesn't have the 31 in SpA, SpD and Speed. It's 31/10/30/8/0/9 on frame 6.

would RNGing a gift pokemon count as RNGing a stationary poke?

also im doing C-Gear abuse and wondering about the roamer. should i take my steps near the door so i can walk out or can i just take the steps anywhere then walk out? im also wondering if its ivs are solid once i step outside and encounter it
still needing an answer :)

Isn't an old man was in Cobalion's cave? Will he manage to mess my seed? Also, why when I searched on the Time Finder, the seed says it has 31/10/30/31/31/31 IVs? :)

Isn't an old man was in Cobalion's cave? Will he manage to mess my seed? Also, why when I searched on the Time Finder, the seed says it has 31/10/30/31/31/31 IVs? :)
I don't know about the Time Finder, but I suggest you enter your seed in the main RNG Reporter window, select Method 5 (Standard Seed) and see what you get on Frame 6. And the old man only messes with your PIDRNG frame.

Yep, I've searched it in the main window, and it does have these IVs. Maybe it's a glitch in the current RNG Reporter, since when I search there, its search status is 0 but it does find a seed. Can you please find me a seed on your RNG Reporter for me instead? Use my Parameters that I posted, and the IVs should be this:
HP: 31
Attack: None
Defense: 30
Special Attack: 31
Special Defense: 31
Speed: 31

Maybe you can find one on your RNG Reporter.

Thanks! :)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It's a bug that happens when you set the max frame too low. Will release a fix soon.

Alrighty...is there any way at all to change what appears on a given encounter slot after you've advanced to the proper PIDRNG frame for natures/abilities and such? Or am I SOL and need to find another PIDRNG frame with the right nature and abilities?

When I did RNG for Cobalion via c-gear, he didn't mess with anything, though I can't say the same for non c-gear.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Alrighty...is there any way at all to change what appears on a given encounter slot after you've advanced to the proper PIDRNG frame for natures/abilities and such? Or am I SOL and need to find another PIDRNG frame with the right nature and abilities?
No. The best you can do is try and find the poke you're looking for on that slot in a different location.

Again, that ^
You can't. You need to start the game and play far enough until you can catch something and know it's IVs within a reasonable range so that you can plug them into the DS Parameter finder and not get back 20 or more results. Once you've done that you can restart your game to do your ID/SID abuse.

i am doing c-gear abuse i have question when i start the timer what do i have to do and when first timer hits zero what to (i am using a flash card)

i am doing c-gear abuse i have question when i start the timer what do i have to do and when first timer hits zero what to (i am using a flash card)
What I did on my Acekard is when the 1st timer is running, I started the game. When it reaches 0:00 and the 2nd timer began, I soft-resetted and started quicker the game WITHOUT turning ON the C-Gear. Ingame, I pressed the C-Gear's power button and waited to 0:00 to press "Yes".

I'm trying to find the digits in my Mac address but it says "please configure your connection settings under the Internet option in the system settings."

I want to comment that the when you Output Results to CSV in the Time Finder of RNG Reporter, it currently does not output the Timer0, so that needs to be added. Thanks.

A small bug in 9 beta 5.

In time finder, searches for the year 3000 and beyond cause a crash. However, years 1999 and earlier are handled properly, and the search is not allowed to run.

Can anyone help me with Sweet Scent RNG Abuse? I have never tried this and have the following questions. (This is via C-Gear seeds)

1. How would I know the right time to sweet scent?
2. What are encounter slots and what are they for?
3. Where could I find a list of encounter slots?

Cassie

giant claw
Is it possible to abuse the RNG responsible for which pokemon appears when you Sweet Scent?
Yeah... It's a part of the PID RNG. Using the front page of RNG reporter and setting the option to the 5th gen PID one, you can put in the full seed and click generate. You then right click the spreads and it will tell you the encounter slot you will get if you hit that spread. Iirc there's a link in the reporter for white/black encounter slots, but here is the link for white's. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/RNG/White Slots.html
Is it possible to get a shiny spread with Non-C Gear RNG, without knowing my SID?
No. Your TID/SID combo determines what PIDs are shiny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)