Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I search for friends to be Dream Pals? I've tried to find a way to add my brother and school friends but can only manage to find random people that have appeared on my dream map.
It uses your friend codes as a basis for it, and you have to adjust for Privacy Settings. Global Link instantly added a friend of mine because I have his friend code, and he has a Global Link / Pokemon.com account.

Edit:Sorry. Unintentional double post. :/

Then why not use Roost Gliscor w/out Poison Heal?

Well, if you mean for the Special Capabilities..

Careful ~ 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD

Unless you want solely Special with a dash of Defense

Careful ~ 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Edit: Out of curiosity, could someone calculate a Max Attack / Adamant Ice Shard from a Mamoswine against a Max HP / Max Def Impish Gliscor?
Max Adamant LO Mamoswine Vs. Max/Max Gliscor: 65.5% - 78.0%

About base power:

A Conkeldurr Focus Punch (150 base power), with Life Orb as a item, what will be the power of this move:

150 + STAB + Life Orb

Its gonna be:

150 + 80% = 270 base power
base power + stab and life orb combined
or
150 + 50% + 30% = 292 base power
base power + stab + life orb

?

About base power:

A Conkeldurr Focus Punch (150 base power), with Life Orb as a item, what will be the power of this move:

150 + STAB + Life Orb

Its gonna be:

or

?
Second calculation makes the most sense.

About base power:

150 + STAB + Life Orb

Its gonna be:

or

?
base power*stab(1,5)*life orb(1,3)=292,5 base power

Thanks, but i got more question, if you two guys are right.

A Suicune use Hydro Pump. Item: Life Orb. Weather: Rain

Them this Hydro Pump (120 base power) will do what damage:

120 + 50% + 30% + 50% = 351 damage
base power + stab + life orb + rain bonus

120 + 130% = 276 damage
base power + stab and life orb and rain bonus combined

The first formula is the right damage? For me it's a INSANE damage351 base power is really big... can you confirm again please? xD

-----------------------------------

And Victini uses V-Generate, Life Orb as item and in Sunny Day:

180 + 50% + 50% + 30% = 526 base power
base power + stab + sun bonus + life orb

180 + 130% = 414 base power
base power + stab and sun bonus and life orb combined

The same way as suicune, 526 base power is rs really insane... can you confirm again? o.o

120 + 130% = 276 damage

The first formula is the right damage? For me it's a INSANE damage351 base power is really big... can you confirm again please? xD

The same way as suicune, 526 base power is rs really insane... can you confirm again? o.o
Rain/Sun basically doubles a STAB move's power (STAB included).

120 + 130% = 276 damage

suicune:
base power(120)*lo(1,3)*stab(1,5)*rain bonus(1,5)=351 base power

victini:
base power(180)*stab(1,5)*lo(1,3)*sunny day(1,5)=526,5

@Virizion:
Oh, them it will be:
Suicune uses hydro pump, life orb as item and rain as weather

120 + 100% + 30% = 312 damage
base power + stab in rain + life orb

Right?

If I have screens up does that weaken the damage I can do w/ Mirror Coat and Counter? (since I'm taking less damage b/c of my screens)

@Darkon: No, the +50%s are seperate, like this: 120x1.5(150% of regular damage)x1.5x1.3=351 Power. That isn't even the most powerful of attacks; try CSpecs Kyogre's Full HP Water Spout in the rain: 150x1.5x1.5x1.5=506.5 Power.

Tomtom, i think you are wrong in Kyogre example o.o

Because, with choice specs, the base power doesn't change, just the special attack points of Kyogre will gain points! right? =p

tomotom5858 still victini's v-create in the sun is stronger at 526,5(see calculation above) but i don't think it matters with kyogre's base sp.attack...

If I did not want to use Pain Split on Rotom-W due to breeding restrictions (I have decent Wish support on this team though), what should be used in the last slot?

name: Standard
move 1: Thunderbolt
move 2: Hydro Pump
move 3: Will-O-Wisp
move 4:
item: Leftovers
ability: Levitate
nature: Modest
evs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe

Sub? Screens? Thunder Wave? Volt Switch? Maybe use Trick and Specs, planning to get rid early on?

I would prefer utility over coverage, and is why HP Fire or Ice isn't being used.

And can anyone answer my DW Liepard question?
Unburden. You said it used a Normal Gem for Fake Out. The resulting Speed boost would make it faster than your Hydreigon.

Asking yet again: Partner for this Sigilyph?

My Sigilyph:

Sigilyph @ Leftovers
Magic Guard
Timid
252 HP/Speed 4 Def (Defense EVs were to compensate for a 29 Defense IV, it has equal defenses at Lv50)
Cosmic Power
Stored Power
Roost
Air Slash

I'm not the kind of person who does the Psycho Shift stuff, and Air Slash can help with things that die to it and are too risky to set up on, like Breloom.

I an't seem to figure out what IV's are really worth on a pokemon. I've bred a vulpix with an iv spread of 31/x/29/29/30/31 but I'm not sure if it's competative enough without maxed special attack. Howmuch of a difference do those 2 points in special atack really make on an attack like flamethrower?

I an't seem to figure out what IV's are really worth on a pokemon. I've bred a vulpix with an iv spread of 31/x/29/29/30/31 but I'm not sure if it's competative enough without maxed special attack. Howmuch of a difference do those 2 points in special atack really make on an attack like flamethrower?
None. Realistically, that won't change any 2HKOs into OHKOs and such. As long as the stat you are going for with high IVs in (Barring speed) should be between 29-31; Pokemon that you invest fully in speed should always have 31 IVs.

None. Realistically, that won't change any 2HKOs into OHKOs and such. As long as the stat you are going for with high IVs in (Barring speed) should be between 29-31; Pokemon that you invest fully in speed should always have 31 IVs.
AT what point do IVs start becoming a problem then? I have a different pokemon that has an IV spread of 31/31/22/x/31/31, would that 22 make the pokemon too fragile, or are IVs just not that important in general?

AT what point do IVs start becoming a problem then? I have a different pokemon that has an IV spread of 31/31/22/x/31/31, would that 22 make the pokemon too fragile, or are IVs just not that important in general?
I'll give you an example:

+2 Max atk. Lucario Close Combat vs. Max Hp/Max Def. Bronzong:
73.1% - 86.4%

Now Bronzong with 22 Def IVs:
75.4% - 89.1%

See? It's not really THAT detrimental, but that extra 3% could make a difference, while if you have 29 iv's in defence, the difference in damage between that and 31 iv's in defence is ~1%, which is much less.
Don't get me wrong, as there are limits, as the difference between 31 and 0 is quite alot; however, that limit really is up to the user.

Kind of make sense?

I have a simple question that has brought me on a wild goose chase and has gotten me a sexy warning.

Any who, where would I go to find the thread for pokemon requests, or trades? (5th Generation?)

I don't really mind getting a warning, but it's pretty sad considering I haven't been on the site in a long time and have little forum experience. The moderators aren't very merciful are they? I'm probably older than most of you anyway. xD

I'll give you an example:

+2 Max atk. Lucario Close Combat vs. Max Hp/Max Def. Bronzong:
73.1% - 86.4%

Now Bronzong with 22 Def IVs:
75.4% - 89.1%

See? It's not really THAT detrimental, but that extra 3% could make a difference, while if you have 29 iv's in defence, the difference in damage between that and 31 iv's in defence is ~1%, which is much less.
Don't get me wrong, as there are limits, as the difference between 31 and 0 is quite alot; however, that limit really is up to the user.

Kind of make sense?
Explains it perfectly, thanks :D

Concidering the amount of websites that try to explain IV's i'm surprised I couldn't find one that explained it as clear as you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)