Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently playing through the storyline of Black, and visiting the Dream World daily. Once I've finished the story, what should I do first in order to work towards breeding/trading/battling?

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Does anyone have a cottonee or a vullaby they can trade me?? I can give you pokemon white exclusives in exchange (heck, I'll even breed for a snivy egg if you can help). Post on my wall if you can help.

Currently playing through the storyline of Black, and visiting the Dream World daily. Once I've finished the story, what should I do first in order to work towards breeding/trading/battling?
Get ALL SIX of the power items from the Battle Subway. These are absolutely crucial to start EV training off efficiently and easily, while allowing for better breeding. After aquiring those, catch a bunch of Elgyems with Synchronize of different natures. Then, continue on from there. :)

If I have screens up does that weaken the damage I can do w/ Mirror Coat and Counter? (since I'm taking less damage b/c of my screens)
If you have the screens up, you receive less damage from the opponent's attacks and hence you deal back less damage through counter/mirror coat.

However your screens can't weaken the amount of damage you take from counter/mirror coat.

So yeah, I played the eeveelution game and ended up with a Flareon. How do you claim said eeveelution? I went onto the dream world yesterday and nothing happened...

So yeah, I played the eeveelution game and ended up with a Flareon. How do you claim said eeveelution? I went onto the dream world yesterday and nothing happened...
The game ends on May 5th, so I'd wait until then to find out.

Edit: My question. I traded for a UT Relaxed level 12 shiny Jellicent, but it has Cursed Body. I've seen Cursed Body work well, but I don't know if I should EV this one (And I dunno its EV's, I checked them but I forgot what they were, but I know the HP was like, 23), so should I train this one? The only Jellicent I have is Calm and 252HP/252Def with a weird moveset, so I kinda need another one.

Also the other day I caught my second shiny ever in Black (without RNG): A shiny Alomomola. It's Timid with 31 Spe IV's and 26 SpA IV's, do you think I can use it for a hilariously gimmicky SpA set with CM/Scald/Wish/Protect?

I have a few Dream World Pokemon and plan to breed them, but I can't breed them with my Ditto for good IVs. Does anyone have a Smeargle or anything (preferably in the ground egg group) with perfect IVs I can use? I don't have much, but I could EV your Pokemon for you in exchange for the trade. The only good Pokemon I have that I can trade is my Krookodile with max attack, defense, and Speed IVs as well as an Adamant nature and Moxie if you want that in exchange....

I have a few Dream World Pokemon and plan to breed them, but I can't breed them with my Ditto for good IVs. Does anyone have a Smeargle or anything (preferably in the ground egg group) with perfect IVs I can use? I don't have much, but I could EV your Pokemon for you in exchange for the trade. The only good Pokemon I have that I can trade is my Krookodile with max attack, defense, and Speed IVs as well as an Adamant nature and Moxie if you want that in exchange....
Sorry to say, but I'm pretty certain female DW Pokemon can only pass down DW abilities 40% of the time if they breed with a male of their own species

Edit: Unless you're breeding for a good-IV male with egg moves to breed with the original female, then I guess that makes sense.

Yeah, which is why I'd prefer Smeargle....
I can try to breed you a good one on my Platinum for free. Does nature matter? I'm hoping it doesn't since if I get a good male Jolly one I'll be EV'ing it myself lol. (Posting this here since PM's are really annoying to use on the Wii, and your VM's are disabled)

Edit: Also, in hindsight, you should've posted your question in the WiFi forum's SQ/SR thread, but there'll be no worries about that I assume since you likely didn't know that it came back up just last night.

I can try to breed you a good one on my Platinum for free. Does nature matter? I'm hoping it doesn't since if I get a good male Jolly one I'll be EV'ing it myself lol. (Posting this here since PM's are really annoying to use on the Wii, and your VM's are disabled)
Yeah nature doesn't matter. I can just use a Synchronize Pokemon to catch what I need with a good nature, then breed a good partner for the DW Poke. Thanks!

You sure you don't want anything in exchange?

I'm having problems accessing Dream World. It's been almost 60 hours since I last accessed it, and when I check the site, it says I can access it, but when I attempt to tuck in a Pokemon, it just says that Game Sync has run out of power and that it will take a day to recharge, even though it's already been more than two days. Anyone know what's going on and what can be done about it?

I'm not sure whether it's relevant or not, but I just discovered that, although I had caught the Pokemon sent from the Dream World, I hadn't picked up the items I had sent. However, even after picking up these items, the game still said that the Game Sync would take a day to recharge.

I'm having problems accessing Dream World. It's been almost 60 hours since I last accessed it, and when I check the site, it says I can access it, but when I attempt to tuck in a Pokemon, it just says that Game Sync has run out of power and that it will take a day to recharge, even though it's already been more than two days. Anyone know what's going on and what can be done about it?
Are you using a different DS than the one you used to access it originally? The Pokemon GL website said your not supposed to....

This might be a stupid question but it makes sense logically: Do you have to turn off the C-Gear to let it "charge"?
No, it just takes 24 hours exactly to charge. If you went on DW at 6 o' clock yesterday, you have to wait till 6 o' clock today.

Trying to see if extreme speed Linoone/Zigzagoon are legal on normal B&W wifi. Anyone own a legit one? I tried creating a few using pokegen to see if it would work, using some pokemon from D&P as a base. I think I gave Linoone legal moves/IVs/PID (gluttony + extremespeed/seed bomb/shadow claw/belly drum), however Nintendo Wifi doesn't acknowledge it as a legal pokemon.

I know legit ES Linoones are so beyond rare... but if anyone has any idea, would be great to know! It's a shame Linoone doesn't even get quick attack :/

I hope he'll still be considered legal on shoddy/pokemon online, in the future. It was basically the only reason to use Linoone in OU/UU. Though he does possess the fastest simple beam for 2v2s...

Trying to see if extreme speed Linoone/Zigzagoon are legal on normal B&W wifi. Anyone own a legit one? I tried creating a few using pokegen to see if it would work, using some pokemon from D&P as a base. I think I gave Linoone legal moves/IVs/PID (gluttony + extremespeed/seed bomb/shadow claw/belly drum), however Nintendo Wifi doesn't acknowledge it as a legal pokemon.

I know legit ES Linoones are so beyond rare... but if anyone has any idea, would be great to know! It's a shame Linoone doesn't even get quick attack :/

I hope he'll still be considered legal on shoddy/pokemon online, in the future. It was basically the only reason to use Linoone in OU/UU. Though he does possess the fastest simple beam for 2v2s...
I have a completely legit Adamant Gluttony EV'ed one. I can clone one for you if you want.

And well, mine used to be allowed back on PBR, which checked for movesets when I played it. Early on I used Togekiss' Follow Me to sweep with Linoone, but now it doesn't work in Random Matchup Triples. It has ES/Drum/Shadow Claw/Sub.. Must be an error on Gamefreak's part..

@ Silent
It cannot pass down ability that way. I tried with ~25 Poliwags, all had Water Absorb/Damp while the mother had Swift Swim.

Does the DW ability not carry over if you breed a female w/ the DW ability and a ditto?
Sorry to say, but I'm pretty certain female DW Pokemon can only pass down DW abilities 40% of the time if they breed with a male of their own species
No it does not work with Ditto. Ditto can not breed DW abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)