Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
When will we have tiers set up?
Anywhere from the middle /end of next month to somewhere in June. Tiering is not a simple / fast process in any matter, as it is quite difficult to tier / ban the 300 or whatever fully evolved / single stage competitively viable pokemon, including all of the new 5th Gen additions and Eviolite Chansey / Dusclops / Porygon2.

Edit:Not to mention all of those Dream World pokemon running around. Remember Blaziken? There's at least 15 or 20 OU / UU pokemon that got Dream World abilities that shot them up to Top Tier OU.

Edit 2:I approximated a little "proxy OU" in the "Stabilized Metagame" forum. It's mostly logical assumption and process of elimination.

I guess this is where I would ask this...

Is there a PokeSav or a similar Pokemon-making program that works for North American copies of Black/White?

I guess this is where I would ask this...

Is there a PokeSav or a similar Pokemon-making program that works for North American copies of Black/White?
Well, nobody is supposed be discussing it IIRC, but I heard that Sav is owned by someone different now. If you must have something like that, then I'd go with "PokeGen" (Heard about it from 133k, I dunno anything about it though). However it's better to just train your own real Pokes.

Hey guys,

Having a bit of trouble trying to get different items and pokemon to appear in Black City and White Forest. I talked to all NPCs in White Forest and transported them over to my game but there are no new items available. What am I doing wrong and how do I get the items to appear?

Anybody?

@Elite Trainer U: ToastTyrant13 answered in this very same page...
Anyways.
Anywhere from the middle /end of next month to somewhere in June. Tiering is not a simple / fast process in any matter, as it is quite difficult to tier / ban the 300 or whatever fully evolved / single stage competitively viable pokemon, including all of the new 5th Gen additions and Eviolite Chansey / Dusclops / Porygon2.

How do pokemon in dream world get generated? Like, do I have an equal chance of running into a Rattata as I do a Vulpix? And when you bring back a pokemon from DW, they come with their DW ability I assume. Is the DW ability heritable by breeding?

How do pokemon in dream world get generated? Like, do I have an equal chance of running into a Rattata as I do a Vulpix? And when you bring back a pokemon from DW, they come with their DW ability I assume. Is the DW ability heritable by breeding?
I'm not sure about genders or encounter rates (I've run into all of 2 Rattata in 11 days of DWing), but so long as the Pokemon is female it can pass down the ability.

I believe the Pokemon having a special move is determined by how you score, but gender seems to be completely random.

You won't have an equal chance of running into a Rattata and a Vulpix in the beginning, because Vulpix requires 10,000 points to be encountered. As for whether or not the chances are equal after that point, I don't believe anyone knows.

All Pokemon met in the Dream World will have their DW ability. The abilities can be passed down some of the time, but only if the mother has the DW ability, and the father is not a Ditto.

How does one find their B/W SID? In 4th gen, you could by knowing a wild shiny's IVs, but the IVs are no longer linked directly to their PID, so I have no idea how to find it without hacking :(.

It's been almost a full week since I've been able to get on Global Link I check every day, but it always says it needs to recharge. I never switched DSs so that's not it, however I do use a 3DS for my Wi-Fi so maybe thats it. Anyone else have this problem?

As a result of not getting on Dream World. Does anyone have a dreamworld poliwag (don't care about nature/IVs) ?

czechm8:

Please look at this page from Pokémon Customer Service:

http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=708

In particular please note:

"[A]ny use of external devices such as the Action Replay ... can cause wide ranging problems with Game Sync, including ... extended "Out of Energy" messages that persist beyond 24 hours"

"If you are not using an official Pokémon Black Version or Pokémon White Version cartridge, you will be unable to perform a game sync"

"f you change your system time, or change hardware, there is a hard, 24 hour wait time penalty." Thus, if you save the game after changing the system time, "the system will recognize this and you will be forced to wait 24 hours" before you can do a successful Game Sync.

I picked up a litwick in my pokemon white. I was wondering a few things. like when should i evelove it? where do i get a dusk stone? where is tm 35 shadow claw?

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
I know that females can pass on their own dreamworld abilities by breeding, but starly has no dreamworld ability at all.

So...is it possible to breed reckless from a dreamworld staravia onto an offspring at all? Will the starly have keen eye and then obtain reckless when it evolves?

So... quick question. Is there a way to stop the likes of Gorebyss from either BPing a Shell Smash off to something or nullifying the boosts safely? I can't find an effective counter to it.

is it possible to obtain a skarmory with whirlwind, drill peck , and roost? i have a male fearow with the 3 attacks and a female skarmory but im only getting drill peck and whirlwind. does he not get roost as an egg move?

czechm8:

Please look at this page from Pokémon Customer Service:

http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=708

In particular please note:

"[A]ny use of external devices such as the Action Replay ... can cause wide ranging problems with Game Sync, including ... extended "Out of Energy" messages that persist beyond 24 hours"

"If you are not using an official Pokémon Black Version or Pokémon White Version cartridge, you will be unable to perform a game sync"

"f you change your system time, or change hardware, there is a hard, 24 hour wait time penalty." Thus, if you save the game after changing the system time, "the system will recognize this and you will be forced to wait 24 hours" before you can do a successful Game Sync.

I guess that solves my problem, as well. I hadn't switched my Wi-fi settings to a different system, but I had used a different system at one point.

I know that females can pass on their own dreamworld abilities by breeding, but starly has no dreamworld ability at all.

So...is it possible to breed reckless from a dreamworld staravia onto an offspring at all? Will the starly have keen eye and then obtain reckless when it evolves?
It should be possible. I believe the game has some sort of Dream World tag separate from the ability, which should be present on a Starly bred from a female DW Staravia.

So... quick question. Is there a way to stop the likes of Gorebyss from either BPing a Shell Smash off to something or nullifying the boosts safely? I can't find an effective counter to it.
I use defensive Empoleon. Gorebyss can't touch it with its common moves, and Roar removes the boosts whether it stays in or passes to the recipient. Furthermore, if it's a White Herb version, the item is wasted.

What does Psyshock hit harder than Psychic other than Blissey? I'm using an Exeggutor with Synthesis, Psychic/Psyshock, Solarbeam (no negotiating), and filler. Filler here is Sludge Bomb or Sleep Powder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)