Round 1 Drama! (Ubers Warstory)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Team Preview)

My Team:

Franky's Team:

My comments in Blue

Battle between coma's bitch and GREEN TEA started!

Tier: Standard Ubers
Rule: Unrated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle
Rule: Self-KO Clause

GREEN TEA sent out Kyogre!
coma's bitch sent out Darkrai!
The foe's Kyogre's Drizzle made it rain!
GREEN TEA: scarf ogre lets get it

OK, he's probably bluffing with the scarf thing but it doesn't really matter because I have a focus sash so at least if he is scarfed it's asleep and I still can do things to the rest of his team. Water Spout / Surf / whatever obviously won't OHKO because of the Sash. It's too early to make predictions anyways; I highly doubt he'd switch to start off the match. But this is assuming his Kyogre IS running a Scarf - if he's not then his team is going to be in for a load of hurt after I use Dark Void and then Nasty Plot.

Start of turn 1
Darkrai used Dark Void!
The foe's Kyogre fell asleep!

The foe's Kyogre is fast asleep!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Kyogre has bad dreams!

Good - it's not scarfed. If he switches out then I'm going to easily get a Nasty Plot at full health, and there's still a good chance that I can get a clean Nasty Plot even if he opts to stay in. Either way, I'll be able to pick up a Nasty Plot and get a clean sweep of his team....

Darkrai: 100%
Kyogre: 88% ~ Sleep

Start of turn 2
GREEN TEA called Kyogre back!
GREEN TEA sent out Nattorei!

Darkrai used Nasty Plot!
Darkrai's Sp. Att. sharply rose!

Rain continues to fall!
Darkrai: 100% ~ +2 SpA
Ferrothorn: 100%

Start of turn 3
Darkrai used Focus Blast!
The attack of Darkrai missed!

The foe's Nattorei used Thunder Wave!
Darkrai is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Rain continues to fall!

*sigh* … or not. That Thunder Wave is going to bite me in the ass, and I'm pretty sure that Focus Blast would've KO'd, but it's alright. Darkrai is still faster even at 1/4 Speed and I can still KO with a Focus blast, provided that it actually hits. Still not a lot of predicting for me to do early in the game, which is nice.

Darkrai: 100% ~ paralyzed, +2 SpA
Ferrothorn: 100%

Start of turn 4
GREEN TEA called Nattorei back!
GREEN TEA sent out Rayquaza!

Darkrai is paralyzed! It can't move!

Rain continues to fall!

BS full paralysis, as Focus Blast wouldn't have KO'd anyways and I can still KO with Dark Pulse next turn. Because my Darkrai remains at full health, Focus Sash will allow it to get at least one kill before one of his other Pokemon takes it out of the battle. I could honestly care less what move his Rayquaza decides to use; unless I get fully paralyzed again.

Darkrai: 100% ~ paralyzed, +2 SpA
Rayquaza: 100%

Start of turn 5
The foe's Rayquaza used Draco Meteor!
A critical hit!
Darkrai lost 281 HP! (99% of its health)
Darkrai hung on using its focus sash!
The foe's Rayquaza's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
The foe's Rayquaza is hurt by its Life Orb!

Darkrai used Dark Pulse!
The foe's Rayquaza lost 90% of its health!
The foe's Rayquaza fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
GREEN TEA sent out Jirachi!

Thankfully, no full paralysis. His crit also didn't matter, as I'd be at 1HP either way. Darkrai is pretty much dead at this point; I should probably take this next move to see what he does. Still too early to predict a switch out, and if he decides to put up Stealth Rock later in the battle Darkrai is dead anyways. No reason to leave him suffering.

Darkrai: 1% ~ paralyzed, +2 SpA
Rayquaza: in heaven now

Rayquaza: Dead and gone
I lead 6-5

Start of turn 6
The foe's Jirachi used U-turn!
It's super effective!
Darkrai lost 1 HP! (0% of its health)
Darkrai fainted!
GREEN TEA called Jirachi back!
GREEN TEA sent out Dialga!

Rain continues to fall!
coma's bitch sent out Groudon!

Groudon's Drought intensified the sun's rays!

Nice work, franky. Using your Jirachi to scout was a good move, but now you'll have to bring out another Pokemon and I can get a better look at your team now. Despite the fact that I wrote down the names of his Pokemon at the beginning of the battle, I wish team preview could give me a better idea of his team.

Darkrai: down for the count
Groudon: 100%
Dialga: 100%

Tied 5-5

Start of turn 7
The foe's Dialga used Draco Meteor!
Groudon lost 391 HP! (100% of its health)
The foe's Dialga's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
Groudon fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
coma's bitch sent out Shaymin-S!

FN FAL. I thought that Groudon would be able to stave off a Draco Meteor and get a Thunder Wave or Earthquake in or SOMETHING, but I guess not. At least I know that the thing is specs because a) there was no LO recoil and b) there's no way and I can finally bring in my MVP.

Groudon: spanked. hard.
Dialga: 100% ~ -2 SpA
Franky leads 5-4

Start of turn 8
GREEN TEA called Dialga back!
GREEN TEA sent out Nattorei!

Shaymin-S used Earth Power!
The foe's Nattorei lost 18% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Nattorei restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

And poor ol' Franky falls into the trap. He probably thinks I'm Choice Scarf or something, so he's really going to enjoy my next move in a Hidden Power Fire. If he uses Protect then he knows that I'm EB but if he doesn’t and thinks he can set up Stealth Rock or Spikes or Thunder Wave (again) or something then he's wrong. His Dialga will probably be able to come back in and take a weak unboosted Hidden Power and can easily take out my Shaymin with Draco Meteor. Oh I hope I predict correctly….

Shaymin-S: 100%
Ferrothorn: 88%

Start of turn 9
Shaymin-S used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Nattorei lost 88% of its health!
The foe's Nattorei fainted!

Tied 4-4

The sunlight is strong!

YES! Shaymin-S scores an easy KO after my prediction, and the tide of the battle has suddenly turned in my favor. My team has a slight difficulty when playing against the landmine, so I am VERY happy to see the thing go down with ease after crippling my Darkrai. Darkrai, thou hath been avenged.

Shaymin-S: 100%
Ferrothorn: Auschwitz'd

Start of turn 10
Shaymin-S used Earth Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Dialga lost 69% of its health!

The foe's Dialga used Draco Meteor!
Shaymin-S lost 342 HP! (100% of its health)
The foe's Dialga's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
Shaymin-S fainted!

Franky leads 4-3

OK, OK, he's at -2 SpA again. I really have to put an SR user on this team. Oh well. He's either going to keep it in and sacrifice it, or switch out. He's got Kyogre, Jirachi, and Arceus left, and thankfully, Aura Sphere will get a neutral hit on all three and it is the best option at this point - there's really no point in making a stupid move by trying to overpredict a switch.

Shaymin-S: 6 feet under
Dialga: 31% ~ -2 SpA

The sunlight is strong!
coma's bitch sent out Mewtwo!

Start of turn 11
GREEN TEA called Dialga back!
GREEN TEA sent out Kyogre!

The foe's Kyogre's Drizzle made it rain!
Mewtwo used Aura Sphere!
The foe's Kyogre lost 36% of its health!
Mewtwo is hurt by its Life Orb!

Rain continues to fall!

Not much to say here, just going to finish the sleeping leviathan off.

Mewtwo: 90%
Kyogre: 52% ~ Sleep

Start of turn 12
Mewtwo used Psycho Break!
The foe's Kyogre lost 51% of its health!
The foe's Kyogre fainted!

GREEN TEA sent out Jirachi!

Bang.

Mewtwo: 80%
Kyogre: sleeping with the fishes

Tied 3-3

Start of turn 13
The foe's Jirachi used Iron Head!
Mewtwo lost 126 HP! (35% of its health)

Mewtwo flinched!

Shit; scarfrachi. Gotta switch to Palkia in order to get the speed tie.

Mewtwo: 45%
Jirachi: 100%

Start of turn 14
coma's bitch called Mewtwo back!
coma's bitch sent out Palkia!

Palkia is exerting its Pressure!
It's not very effective...
Palkia lost 65 HP! (20% of its health)

c'mon speed tie….He's only got 12 Iron Heads left though….

Palkia: 80%

Start of turn 15
Palkia lost 66 HP! (20% of its health)

Palkia flinched!

Odds of Speed tie + Flinch: 30%
Iron Heads remaining: 10

Palkia: 60%

Start of turn 16
Palkia lost 69 HP! (21% of its health)

Palkia flinched!

Odds of Speed tie + Flinch x 2: 9%
Iron Heads remaining: 8

Palkia: 39%
Start of turn 17
Palkia lost 70 HP! (21% of its health)

Palkia used Thunder!
The foe's Jirachi lost 48% of its health!
The foe's Jirachi is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Oh yeah, baby. This was just what I needed, as Jirachi is going to bite the dust hard. Still, it can't KO the next turn, but at least I'm not going to lose to a Jirachi.

Palkia: 17%
Jirachi: 52% ~ Paralyzed

Start of turn 18
Palkia used Thunder!
The foe's Jirachi lost 45% of its health!

Palkia lost 51 HP! (15% of its health)
Palkia fainted!

Franky leads 3-2

w/e.

Palkia: hax'd
Jirachi: 6% ~ Paralyzed

coma's bitch sent out Mewtwo!

Start of turn 19
Mewtwo used Aura Sphere!
The foe's Jirachi lost 5% of its health!
The foe's Jirachi fainted!

GREEN TEA sent out GORY! (Arceus-Ground)

There we go…

Mewtwo: 35%
Jirachi: lost forever in the stars.

Tied 2-2

Start of turn 20
Mewtwo used Psycho Break!
The foe's GORY lost 54% of its health!

The foe's GORY used Earthquake!
Mewtwo lost 88 HP! (24% of its health)
Mewtwo fainted!

Mewtwo: Haiti'd
Arceus-G: 45%
coma's bitch sent out Reshiramu!

Reshiramu has Turbo Blaze!

I don't understand why he didn't go for the ExtremeSpeed because that would've won the game for him. Maybe he didn't think that the move'd KO or he didn't have the move or he misclicked but I'm finally back in the driver's seat despite me being down 2-1. I better not get a miss now, or I'm screwed.

Franky leads 2-1

Start of turn 21
Reshiramu used Draco Meteor!
The foe's GORY lost 45% of its health!
Reshiramu's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
The foe's GORY fainted!

OORAH! The score's now 1-1, with me and my Reshiram vs. his weakened Specs Dialga. A miss would prove to be brutal, and I'm not sure that a -2 Draco Meteor will assure me the KO. Well, there's nothing left for me to do now except for clicking the purple (?) button and accepting the fate the game will give me.

Reshiram: 100% ~ -2 SpA
Arceus: gone to Hell

Tied 1-1

Start of turn 22
Reshiramu used Draco Meteor!
The foe's Dialga lost 30% of its health!
Reshiramu's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
The foe's Dialga fainted!

coma's bitch won the battle!
GREEN TEA: gg
coma's bitch: gg

I win 1-0

gg Franky, it was quite a pleasure battling you.

Props:
- EB Skymin
- choosing Thunder, not surf, with Palkia's Scarf
- Sash Darkrai lead

Slops:
- sacrificing Groudon
One last look at our teams:
My Team:

Franky's Team:

Not bad at all, is nice to see Ubers warstories once in a while.
Unfortunately that you left your Groudon (which i presume is your Stealth Rocker), in the only Dialga variation that would OHKO a Support Groundon with Draco Meteor.
The paraHax and the lack of (or misclick into) extreme speed also played a huge role in your victory.
Despite that the simple and easy read, plus the fast moving of the battle kept me interested until the end. The ending suspense is 'meh'.
Good job.

I liked the comments a lot, but the battle really lacked excitement, and you re/ally annoyed me with the part you had to keep scrolling down...

7.5/10

Yeah, I agree with above sentiments. Please don't make us scroll down, its overused and cliché at this point. Also, the damage calc you did ruined the suspense because I saw that Dialga had 30% from before, and therefore knew that you had an assured win if the min is over 31%.

The battle was okay not too bad but not too great either. And at the end, i wasn't staring at the screen waiting to see what happens next so that suspense thing ticked me off.

I give it a 5/10. 6/10 if you remove the suspense thing.

Scarf Jirachi always outspeeds Scarf Palkia...
Incorrect. Scarf Palkia always runs +natured 252 speed, so they will speed tie due to having identical base speed.

The warstory was not bad. It's always nice to see Ubers warstories! Franky's Arceus should have Swords Danced on that turn; like that, it would have easily swept.

To be honest, these suspense lines were unnecessary (I knew that Dialga had less health than DM minimal damage...) Some hax instances (Haxrachi was built for that, but there's also parahax with Darkrai) and one or two big misplays (especially when facing Dialga: did you have a Draco Meteor absorber in your team? I don't think so...).
Good format. Quite good comments, removed some points because of the "suspense lines".

Format: 7/10
Battle: 5/10
Commentary: 5/10
Overall: 6/10

Thanks for the comments guys I removed the calc and the suspense thing so hopefully future readers will be more entertained. Yeah scarf palkia and rachi both tie at 492 speed

The comments were quite good but the battle was too short for any good mindgames. The hax turned me off and the battle just... wasnt warstory worthy. I also didnt like that there wasnt an intro, you didnt talk about your team, what you thought when you saw your oppopenets team or even the tourney that I assume you were in based on the title. If you did talk about the fact that it was a tourney I wouldve felt much more emotion when something bad happened as apposed to a random PO battle.

But I encourage you to keep trying as you seem to have talent for writing comments.
7/10
mostly because you show promise.

there was literally no prediction in the warstory and the "prediction" with skymin wasnt really a prediction as you never took any damage prior to the hp fire so the chances of you not being scarf was really high. the battle was the definition of "no prediction lets just hit and run shit." the battle itself was only like 23 turns and you had 12 comments not counting the "stop haxing rachi" and the comments themselves werent helpful at all. this may sound harsh but to be honest its better than reading "good warstory you should make another" and have it of the same quality of this one

well, you gotmixed reviews and I just want to say that it was ok, but I would use a different format and pick are more interesting battle. Good luck with your next one if you decide to write again.

I always enjoy a decent Ubers warstory. There really is never enough of them.

You did a decent job formatting was fine same with the commentary.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Good fucking thing that battle was so short because two more turns and I would have lost all interest. I'm with ballabrown completely

Fairly straightforward battle, not particularly amusing commentary and poor formatting.

6/10.

it was ok, but the outcome of the match was basically decided at the start because of team matchup
you basically had an easy win that was only close because of hax (and misplays) /:
(if darkrai didn't miss with focus blast i am pretty sure he'd be down by at least 5-3 with a sleeping kyogre and mewtwo could have cleaned up)

oh and franky could have won by saccing dialga to dm then cleaning with arceus

props for skymin though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)