5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
All gift Pokemon have their IVs from frame 8.

http://tinyurl.com/rngguide5g
Rough version of the comprehensive RNG guide (20 pages), includes egg, roamer, wondercard, and DW. If you are familiar with how to use RNG Reporter and the RNG terms (from last gen too), you will be able to figure out whatever method you want.

==

For eggs, DO NOT USE POWER ITEMS.
Calibrate to find your initial frame WITHOUT EVERSTONES.
Guys, please look a few pages back to see if any information has already been posted.

Do not RNG anything out of your league.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What about this question...

Do I need to research my DS Parameters again if I use a different cartridge but the same DS?

Also, by League champion do you mean Alder or Ghetis?

Also also, can you point me to a guide that tells how you RNG Thundurus/Tornadus if you have NOT beat Alder (if above is yes) yet?
I think you will need to find the parameters again, yes.

Not sure if they respawn after Ghetsis, but I would assume so.

If you've already released it, then it would be horrendously impractical to RNG without an emulator. The IV RNG is advancing at 120 frames per second and you have to be able to hit the frame precisely the moment the champion battle ends.
Is it even possible to use RNG abuse for egg hatching in 5th gen? Im not really sure how im messing it up.
Yes, it is. The PID frame is kind of messy thanks to the wandering NPCs, but I was pretty consistently getting the right non-inherited IVs when I did it.

Is it possible someone will be able to have a one-to-one with me about how this works? I sort of get it; there's just holes in my understanding that I would be more than grateful for if they were filled.

I dunno if my previous post was deleted or not asking for help.

Would someone be able to PM me about this? Thanks!

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is it possible someone will be able to have a one-to-one with me about how this works? I sort of get it; there's just holes in my understanding that I would be more than grateful for if they were filled.

I dunno if my previous post was deleted or not asking for help.

Would someone be able to PM me about this? Thanks!
people on IRC are always willing to help :)

oh man that basically means I'm volunteering

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Is there any way I can figure out what the ESV is for this stuff?
L would be land, so I guess the tower where I catch Litwicks would be 1? Which means I could capture (with the right seed) a shiny one with this frame? Or what...?
If you are surfing or fishing, you get the water encounter slot. Otherwise you get the land encounter slot. The PID you do your ID/SID abuse for will have those ESVs, so if you abuse your ID, then hit that PID frame on that seed you will get a shiny whatever is ESV 1 on land or ESV 0 on water in the area you are located.

You're doing everything right. Try catching Zekrom as soon as you enter the game, without walking any steps and then enter the IVs and all the info into the DS parameter finder to see what Timer0 you're hitting. Also try to notice if you're constantly getting the same IVs.
I tried it another couple of times and got the same IVs. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, since I'm almost certain I did the math right. Is there anything else I might be doing wrong?

Some questions about TID/SID abuse. Specifically about this part of the guide:

Start the game and check the TID you got.
Go into Pandora and enter the TID. Subtract the frame value you get back from the one
listed in your previous search to find out how many times you need to say ‘No’ to
Juniper when she asks you your name.

Am I entering my TID, under the Seed Finder section? Also, what do you do if the frame ends up being higher than the one from your previous search (resulting in a negative number)?

And I guess before I even start, can I use the same DS parameters I used with my other cart to attempt this as long as I'm using the same DS?

Questions about PIDRNG advancements, would really like an answer for them:

1. By approximately how much does a Wandering NPC advance the frames? Would it be by 2 for each turn/step similarly to the player's, or is it different for them...?

2. About how much does the sandstorm advance per second?

Seed: 86C2B9BE65612DBA
Version: Latest
Time: 22:24:44
Date: 4/13/11
IVs: 31/10/30/31/31/31
Keypress: None
Nearest Shiny: 248
Frame: 282
Nature: Adamant
Ability: 1

Is the shiny frame possible to hit? I'll be using an Everstone to manipulate the nature.

EDIT: Is there a PID finder in RNG reporter?
EDIT 2:
- TID: 00145
- SID: 31592

If I catch a Pokemon and it doesn't have the IVs I'm shooting for, how can I see what its timer0 value is? I'm sure it's the timer0 that's causing me to not hit my seed(stupid keypress throws it off), but I'm not sure what I should adjust my parameters to in order to hit those seeds that require a keypress.

Okay, I've run into a problem.
  • Please list which version of RNG Reporter or PPRNG you are using.
I am using Version 9.75 BETA.
  • What are you trying to capture\hatch? Please specify whether you are attempting to breed a shiny Pokémon, breed IVs onto a Pokémon, or capture a Pokémon.
I am trying to capture Zekrom in N's Castle.
  • What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? What is the MAC address of the DS you are using?
My target seed is :97ED2A043D8E54FA

My target frame is: 25 (24? 25 is the number I got in RNG Reporter.)
Delay: I'm using Standard Abuse

MAC Address: 0016569C8FA2
  • How did you verify your seed?
RNG Reporter? I'm not sure I understand the question.
  • If you tried and failed, what results did you get? You NEED to know this so you can figure out what went wrong. Results are either the IV\nature of the Pokemon you caught, or an ID\SID if you are attempting ID\SID abuse.
I'm only doing IV Abuse, trying to get a flawless Zekrom. I ended up with the IVs of 24/6/2/24/24/16 and a Hasty nature.

I have five Pokemon in my party with a fainted Hasty Synchronize Munna in the front slot. I took 512 steps ( I believe) to advance the frame to 24, and the extra one frame came from battling Zekrom, if I'm right. The date/time was 11/15/11 07:32:47, with a delay of one second, so I started the game at 46 seconds. I didn't press any keys as the game started. Not sure what else you need to know. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Found that, upon repeat trials, I ended up with the same result. I recalibrated my DS Parameters from scratch, catching a new Pokemon with Sweet Scent and calculating it's IVs (No auto-level to 100 in battles? Seriously?) and found the Time Finder got the same results, so I figure I calibrated my DS correctly the first time. I set the Min/Max frames to 1/100, as I don't want to waste my time hitting frames in the hundreds (How would you even manage that?). I found two results for flawless IVs.
One:
Full Seed: B88815D818AB7268
Frame: 25
IVs: Flawless
Hp: Dark-70
Date/Time: 11/15/11 07:32:47
Timer0: C7F
Keypresses: None

Two:
Full Seed: F159FC39C3F7F557
Frame: 12
IVs: Flawless
HP: Dark-70
Date/Time: 08/28/11 04:53:56
Timer0: C7F
Keypresses: None
If anyone could help me out, I would very much appreciate it. I tried the first one and got the flawed result, by the way, if it helps. Thanks in advance.

First of all i dont reccomend synchronize, catch zekrom a couple of times for with no save, then with one save before catching it, then 2 saves before catching it and list the nature sequence and find them on the PIDRNG which is the option on the front page of the rng reporter(its one of the scroll down options with method K, standard seed, etc). Once you enter your seed and find your nature sequence you can predict the starting nature for the seed and you can determine how many saves you need to get to the desired nature(1 save= 1 nature advancement).(assuming you can hit the IV spread consistently)

As for hitting the IVs I suggest pick one on frame 1 first(min/max=1) so you can start at an easier level where you can hit the seed easily. Since your going for zekrom just in put 30+/31/30+/x/30+/31, you should have many more results and you can search for the one you like best on the first frame. See if you can hit the first frame IV spread before hitting the nature.

Now for my question: Can someone please explain how to manage advancements for natures and IVs and abilities for BW breeding? I know you do them inside the house but what about the walk to the day care man holding the egg? Doesn't that mess up your advancements?

Eh, doubt that this is the problem, but you said your IV Frame is 25. Subtract 1, you have 24.
You can't hit 24 with 5 Pokemon in your Party, not divisible by 5... You should probably be going in with 4 Pokemon, then walk 768 steps to get to Frame 24.

At least, that's what I would do in this situation. If I understand your problem correctly, this should help...

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
If I catch a Pokemon and it doesn't have the IVs I'm shooting for, how can I see what its timer0 value is? I'm sure it's the timer0 that's causing me to not hit my seed(stupid keypress throws it off), but I'm not sure what I should adjust my parameters to in order to hit those seeds that require a keypress.
Find Adjacent seeds in Time Finder.

I've been trying to RNG a shiny solosis egg, but I'm having trouble finding my PID starting frame. My seed is A3B7D1E066E48839, if it helps.
With no advances, I got Naughty, and with 1 advance, I got Brave. this doesn't show up as a nature pattern. Neither of the parents is holding an item. Also, one of my parents is an international ditto, do I need to use a different parent for this to work? I checked the IVs each time, and they matched the seed at the right frame. Is there anything else I need to take into account? does my starting PID frame change each time I save? I'm using the newest version of RNG Reporter. My TID is 15179, and my SID is 36015, which should give me an everstone shiny on frames 83, 85, and 87 with an international parent.
Edit: Do I just need to try a couple more times and see if I get a different nature sequence?

Great, Dreamworld just robbed me of an RNG.

I befriended a Nidoran-F, and thought "Hell yes, I'm going to RNG a new Nidoking, this time w/ Hustle." But when I get to the Tree, the loading time is exceedingly long. In fact, when the 1-hour notice popped up during the loading sequence, I couldn't even click anything on there. My browser didn't stop responding, I could click anything outside the Dreamworld part just fine. I was forced to click out, and wake up w/o sending anything

I'm using standard seed RNG'ing for Thundurus on my DS lite.

I'm working with seed B8B3DDB2373155CF, my mac address is 0023CC59A097, and my timer0 fluctuates between C7E and C7F with one keypress (down). I'm aiming for a frame 1 30/18/30/31/31/31 HP Ice 70.

I can hit my IV frame all day long, that's easy... but I'm aiming for Timid and I can't seem to hit it.

I load up my full seed into the main window of RNG reporter 9.75 BETA, I choose Method 5 PIDRNG, Roaming Pokemon encounter type, and max results 10000.

I can't find the list of natures I've encountered anywhere in the list. I've gone up to frame 4000+, and I don't think it would start that high. I've read earlier in this thread that an individual had a PID frame of 1900 or so, but that was with c-gear abuse.

My list of natures is:

Brave
Calm
Brave
Modest
Docile
Bold
Bold
Lonely
Calm
Modest
Modest
Adamant
Docile
Brave
Calm
Bashful
Mild
Lonely
Adamant

What am I doing wrong that I can't get RNG reporter to kick out a list with my natures on it anywhere? I figured human error might account for a variation on some of the natures I encountered, giving me a few false results, but after almost 20 natures I can't find any matches.

Help?

So I haven't used RNG Reporter in a couple weeks and I've got the new version now trying to figure some things out. How do encounter slots work in this new version? Before it would give you a different slot for Grass, Surf, Fishing etc, now it just gives one. And on the list of encounter slots I have the the ones in the water only go up to 4. So what happens when I Sweet Scent on the water with an encounter slot of five?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)