Sheer Force

BurningMan

fueled by beer
yeah since nitro charge also gets the boost (poor Hihidaruma gets ripped of his only way to boost its speed :/) i think even 100% chance things like Zap Cannon, Dynamic Punch and Icy Wind (would be intresting if there would be any special abuser without Ice Beam since 71,5 BP would be better than Hidden Power) should get the boost.

Yup, unfortunately its either my Pokemon White gone cuckoo, or DynamicPunch (and subsequently other 100% moves like Icy Wind and Zap Cannon) really doesn't confuse anything. *sigh*

On the bright side I do have a 195 BP move to work with for the E4. >_>

Encourage/Sheer Force works with any and all of the following...
Moves which Burn/Poison/Sleep/Paralyse while doing damage (Thunderbolt)
Moves which cause Flinching (Rock Slide)
Moves which reduse the opponent's stats (Rock Tomb, Mud Slap)

It does NOT work with attacks that do the following...
Increase damage based on circumstance (Earthquake)
Reduce stats of the user (Super Power, Close Combat)
Have passive not status or stat related abilities (Stone Edge, Night Slash)

This includes effects that happen 100% of the time like Zap Cannon and Dynamic Punch.

IMO the best pokemon that use this are Nidoking for coverage and Darmanitan for sheer brute force. Friend of mine came up with what we all thought was a hilarious build for Nidoking...

NidoRisk...
252 spatk/252spd
Sheer Force
Life Orb
Focus Blast
Thunder
Blizzard
Earth Power

Whole point is that 3/4 of the moves have that low accuracy, but substantial boost from Sheer Force so even though Nidoking's spatk is respectable at best, it still hits like a freaking TRUCK.

Yeah that would hit hard.

I mean Earth Power already OHKOes (some) ShucaTran and Ice Beam OHKOes (some) Dragonite with Multi-Scale active.

Ive been using druddigon with sheer force and he works really well. Works a lot better than rough skin since most things attacking him use special moves. He doesn't have the most amazing movepool for it but he has enough.

Encourage/Sheer Force works with any and all of the following...
Moves which Burn/Poison/Sleep/Paralyse while doing damage (Thunderbolt)
Moves which cause Flinching (Rock Slide)
Moves which reduse the opponent's stats (Rock Tomb, Mud Slap)

It does NOT work with attacks that do the following...
Increase damage based on circumstance (Earthquake)
Reduce stats of the user (Super Power, Close Combat)
Have passive not status or stat related abilities (Stone Edge, Night Slash)

This includes effects that happen 100% of the time like Zap Cannon and Dynamic Punch.

IMO the best pokemon that use this are Nidoking for coverage and Darmanitan for sheer brute force. Friend of mine came up with what we all thought was a hilarious build for Nidoking...

NidoRisk...
252 spatk/252spd
Sheer Force
Life Orb
Focus Blast
Thunder
Blizzard
Earth Power

Whole point is that 3/4 of the moves have that low accuracy, but substantial boost from Sheer Force so even though Nidoking's spatk is respectable at best, it still hits like a freaking TRUCK.
Fire Blast can be considered instead of Focus Blast in order to hit flying steels(Bronzong) and grass or bug steels(Nattorei/Scizor) harder.
Also a more reliable way to hit Skarmory for the same damage as Thunder.

I think it's over rated that Encourage get's rid of the Life Orb recoil on the Sheer Force boosted moves, this meaning a Nidoking set would be practically spammed.

I think it's over rated that Encourage get's rid of the Life Orb recoil on the Sheer Force boosted moves, this meaning a Nidoking set would be practically spammed.
AND you could bluff Choice Items without resorting to Expert Belt.

@ Icy Wind discussion: It's not possible on any sheer force pokemon to learn Icy Wind, it was a Gen4 move tutor attack, thus not being possible with dw abilities, and none of the sheer force pokemon learns it by levelup.

Ive been using druddigon with sheer force and he works really well. Works a lot better than rough skin since most things attacking him use special moves. He doesn't have the most amazing movepool for it but he has enough.
He have the most amazing movepool except for fire fang > Fire Punch

Only he dont have that 61 or 62 speed and a bit higher HP and attack

so guys. Steelix and Rampardos get sheer force too.

Rampardos will be a beast once it gets access to the same elemental punch tutors it had in Gen IV, and a rock polish set would be legitimately scary with rock slide/fire punch/ice punch/thunderpunch/crunch/zen headbutt as potential options. Steelix has the Fangs, Crunch, and Iron Tail, and it already has the raw stats/typing to be a bulky tank-type attacker.

Dangerous36M has uploaded the latest episode of his Metapodcast,
where he pointed out that Sheer Force boosts the elemental fangs TWICE.
I didn't find any information in here or on bulbapedia about that, and it
definitely needs to be tested. I mean, it would make sense, since for example
Fire Fang has a chance to burn the target and make it flinch.

Dangerous36M has uploaded the latest episode of his Metapodcast,
where he pointed out that Sheer Force boosts the elemental fangs TWICE.
I didn't find any information in here or on bulbapedia about that, and it
definitely needs to be tested. I mean, it would make sense, since for example
Fire Fang has a chance to burn the target and make it flinch.
Does anything with Sheer Force get the Fangs at the moment?

Druddiggon gets both Thunder Fang and Fire Fang. Having physical fire and electrical moves of 115 BP might make him a bit less outclassed.

If this proves to be true in the first place; anyways i think is something for the guys on research thread to test. May be worth to repost there.

About Druddiggon (if real) having a fire and thunder moves with a 115 BP + no LO recoil actually is really good, when you think about it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I meant besides him (Unless Fang outdamages/does the same amount as Blitz, which I highly doubt)
Seeing as Blitz gets the boost too, I'd doubt that :3

Also... what's with that 115 Power?

65 x 1.5 x 1.3 = 126.75, which is rounded to 126.

Now that I think about it, a base 126 Power move with 95 accuracy off 120 attack...
I should use this thing when UU comes out lol.

I get 104. :P

(.3 x 65)2 + 65 = 104.

Regardless, a 100+ BP move that has no recoil from a Life Orb is quite impressive (if true).

Sheer Force on a Feraligatr will be devastating, since it can learn 4 moves with secondary effects. And since Sheer Force-boosted moves can also get the Life Orb boost and negate Life Orb's recoil, anything Feraligatr has will hurt.

I'm a bit miffed that Sheer Force doesn't work on moves that have +crit chance. Why can't it remove the +crit chance and deal 30% more base damage? Kingler would be so awesome if Crabhammer had 120 bp... but he doesn't even get waterfall, so sheer force Kingler seems pointless, unless you're going mixed or SPA.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, I don't think they wanted it to work on high crit ratio moves, because it wouldn't be removing an effect as all moves can crit. So yeah, Kingler is sad.

Though if this Fang thing is true, it could really improve a few Pokemon. Also, boosts in pokemon typically multiply by each other, so it would be 65*1.3*1.3 which (as TM13IceBeam said) equals 109.8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)