Sheer Force

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Dangerous36M has uploaded the latest episode of his Metapodcast,
where he pointed out that Sheer Force boosts the elemental fangs TWICE.
I didn't find any information in here or on bulbapedia about that, and it
definitely needs to be tested. I mean, it would make sense, since for example
Fire Fang has a chance to burn the target and make it flinch.
I tested it on my Japanese White Version and Fire Fang didn't get the double boost from Sheer force. Damage Calculator I used

If Sheer Force actually removed negative side effects, there would be so many Pokemon that would benefit from this. Braviary with usable Giga Impact, Brave Bird, and Superpower? Rampardos with a usable Head Smash? I mean, even special attacking Feraligatr with Hydro Cannon would be good.

Well, I don't think they wanted it to work on high crit ratio moves, because it wouldn't be removing an effect as all moves can crit. So yeah, Kingler is sad.

Though if this Fang thing is true, it could really improve a few Pokemon. Also, boosts in pokemon typically multiply by each other, so it would be 65*1.3*1.3 which (as TM13IceBeam said) equals 109.8
Haha.

That double multiplication of 1.3 was with Life Orb.

So what is the BP Power for Feraligatr's Waterfall under the rain + STAB + Life Orb?

Add in the fact that he also gets Dragon Dance, wouldn't this be one of the most potent users of Sheer Force (drizzle team)? :naughty:

So what is the BP Power for Feraligatr's Waterfall under the rain + STAB + Life Orb?

Add in the fact that he also gets Dragon Dance, wouldn't this be one of the most potent users of Sheer Force (drizzle team)? :naughty:
80x1.5x1.5x1.3x1.3 = 304 BP

Yeah not a lot is taking that and living to tell about it.

Could Sheer Force make Fire Blast a viable option on Tauros? With a neutral nature and no investment, a Sheer Force Fire Blast is about as powerful as a 252+ HP Fire from Shaymin.

EDIT: Never mind, I was looking at its SpD stat -_-...

Shell Bell

I know Sheer Force negate the effect of Shell Bell, but is there also the attack boost from Sheer Force ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)