5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

okay here you go, another seed i went for.

That's not going to be any different than your first one, really. You're still going to have to advance both frames.

So about the whole steps advance the PIDRNG in areas with wild Pokemon, it only does so if you're in the grass? Well, I've misunderstood that for a good while... huh.
Yup. You have to be in a "square" that contains a wild pokemon.

Sorry that I'm really new at this and everything, but for some reason it's not working for me.

I'm trying to abuse a Cobalion for a HP ICE Spread, and it worked last night, though it never synchronised the nature.

It's frame is 3, and the time for it is 15:07:08.

So I start the game at 15:07:07 and wait for the Game Freak logo to appear, and then proceed to go into the game, making sure I don't turn on the C-Gear. I appear where I last saved (Standing in front of Cobalion), and then I go around 128 steps with 2 pokemon to advance the frame to 3. I end the last step in-front of Cobalion and interact with it to battle it.

The last few times, I have not been getting the right spread. Is there anything wrong? The only thing I can see is that I could be miscount the steps. What is the problem?

That's not going to be any different than your first one, really. You're still going to have to advance both frames.

yes, but its a little simpler. and i posted it so the other guy understood what was being discussed. im aware of what i need to do.

Can someone please answer?
You need to find your parameters again.

Sorry that I'm really new at this and everything, but for some reason it's not working for me.

I'm trying to abuse a Cobalion for a HP ICE Spread, and it worked last night, though it never synchronised the nature.

It's frame is 3, and the time for it is 15:07:08.

So I start the game at 15:07:07 and wait for the Game Freak logo to appear, and then proceed to go into the game, making sure I don't turn on the C-Gear. I appear where I last saved (Standing in front of Cobalion), and then I go around 128 steps with 2 pokemon to advance the frame to 3. I end the last step in-front of Cobalion and interact with it to battle it.

The last few times, I have not been getting the right spread. Is there anything wrong? The only thing I can see is that I could be miscount the steps. What is the problem?
Have you checked to make sure you're hitting your seed? It is likely you're getting the other timer0.

Am I correct in understanding that the PID of eggs is no longer generated before the Daycare man steps forward like it was in Gens 3 and 4 (meaning that I can't save in front of him, collect the egg, confirm that it has the the nature/ability/gender I want, reset, then RNG for IVs)?

Am I correct in understanding that the PID of eggs is no longer generated before the Daycare man steps forward like it was in Gens 3 and 4 (meaning that I can't save in front of him, collect the egg, confirm that it has the the nature/ability/gender I want, reset, then RNG for IVs)?
Breeding is completely different now. I recommend reading Tesseraction's guide listed at the top of post three in this thread.

The other timer0?
You need to go back and read over the basics again if you aren't aware of timer0s.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
So about the whole steps advance the PIDRNG in areas with wild Pokemon, it only does so if you're in the grass? Well, I've misunderstood that for a good while... huh.
This isn't correct. If there is grass around, your PID frame will still advance a bit due to potential shaking spot generation, but it won't be nearly as much advancement as when you are walking in the grass spot itself.

Question: How do you avance the RNG for Wndercard pokemon?
Wondercards only use the PIDRNG, so chatot method or saving will advance the frame.

I'm trying to help a friend catch a 31/31/31/26/31/31 Mienfoo with a standard seed. I gave him the parameters of his DS and the time/date at which to load his game (and advised him on keypresses). We're not going to worry about encounter slots... we're just going to keep trying until we get the right species. If he loads the game in front of the entrance to Dragonspiral Tower (where there is a patch of grass and there aren't any NPCs), since his target frame is 9, he should take 256 steps (with Repels) with 4 Pokémon in his party, then use Sweet Scent, and whatever he gets will be 31/31/31/26/31/31, right?

I'm trying to help a friend catch a 31/31/31/26/31/31 Mienfoo with a standard seed. I gave him the parameters of his DS and the time/date at which to load his game (and advised him on keypresses). We're not going to worry about encounter slots... we're just going to keep trying until we get the right species. If he loads the game in front of Dragonspiral Tower, where there are no NPCs, since his target frame is 9, he should take 256 steps (with Repels), then use Sweet Scent, and whatever he gets will be 31/31/31/26/31/31, right?
As long as you have four pokemon in your party and you hit your seed, yes. Expect to be doing this for a very very long time if you're trying for a specific natured Mienfoo. I don't know why you wouldn't take advantage of encounter slots.

As long as you have four pokemon in your party and you hit your seed, yes. Expect to be doing this for a very very long time if you're trying for a specific natured Mienfoo. I don't know why you wouldn't take advantage of encounter slots.
Thanks. This is his first time with any RNGing (other than shiny eggs in Platinum), so I didn't want to give him too much. He's using a Synchronizer, and he also wants to learn breeding, so if he doesn't get what he wants, he can use it to breed.

I got his DS's parameters by using my Black game card in his DS. Should they be the same for his Black game card in that same DS?

Wondercards only use the PIDRNG, so chatot method or saving will advance the frame.
Also if you withdraw/move Pokemon into your party, instead of advancing the IV frame by 7 ("normal" standard abuse), it advances the IV-PID frame by 2 per each Pokemon for Wondercards.

Walking doesn't seem to advance the frames at all though.

so i know you advance IVRNG frames by 128 with X pokemon in your party.

but what about frames more than 6.. i just.. can't find that info anywhere, ive looked, trust me. :( help please

[wild pokemon btw]

Hello. I registered to post this problem. Just started RNG'ing this generation. I've already gotten a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Ditto from Giant Chasm using RNG, but now I'm trying to get a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Ditto to help breed Sp. Atk Pokes. Been trying for a few days now with no success, and I don't know why.

Here's all the info that the first post asks for (except for 'delay', I don't know what that is):

RNG Reporter Version 9.81 BETA
MAC address (DS Lite): 001656DE615E
Intended Pokemon: Ditto (Encounter Slot 4) @ Giant Chasm Plains using Fog Elimination trick & Sweet Scent,
IV's: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Nature: any
Shiny: don't care, just want the IV's

Full Seed: 5AFAD1C0CB600EE1 Frame: 1 Keypress: Y
Pokemon obtained: Metang - #375 (Relaxed)
HP: 6-7
Atk: 10-11
Def: 6-7
SpA: 7-8
SpD: 0-1
Spe: 8-9

Full Seed: 06EFA0A03A9659F7 Frame: 1 Keypress: Right
Pokemon obtained: Clefairy - #35 (Adamant)
HP: 5-6
Atk: 3-4
Def: 22-23
SpA: 25-28
SpD: 22-23
Spe: 25-26

I don't know for certain if I'm doing things properly, because when I search for adjacent seeds these IV values aren't even close. Might be the keypresses, maybe I'm not doing it exactly right but I start pressing right when I start the game up and keep it held until the screen goes black after the Nintendo logo. (Do I have to watch the intro movie?)

Thanks in advance for the help. Please bear with me, I've never done RNG before last week.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Bahamut, take note of the times and Timer0s of the seeds you are hitting. If the timer0 is different, timer0 sucks!

Once it flies away, that's it. IVs, Nature, and Shininess are set.

Needless to say roamers are a complete pain... when I get around to playing White over, I'll dedicate myself to figuring these things out.
Yeah, I wasn't eloborate enough but what I meant was: You mash through the conversation. Catch that thing. Check the PID frame it's on and then try to find a desired PID frame which is higher than the one you got. Then Chatot enough times in the house to compensate for the extra frames.

Anyone who wants to find their SID can do so with the following site:

pokecheck.kraftpaper.org

All you need is to be able to get on the internet with your DS. Maybe this site could get listed in the guide to find your SID?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)