5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Again! I hit my seed. It isn't shiny :O Just did a parameter search and the seed I hit is the right seed. What am I doing wrong? I'm not even walking, no NPCs in the area. I'm confused U.U
You're doing this in an area with NPCs using sweet scent? Bring up the menu and sweet scent immediately then catch whatever you encounter. Look for the frame that matches what you caught near your initial frame. That's your actual starting frame.

You're doing this in an area with NPCs using sweet scent? Bring up the menu and sweet scent immediately then catch whatever you encounter. Look for the frame that matches what you caught near your initial frame. That's your actual starting frame.
No, I'm not in an area where there are NPCs. I'm in Twist Mountain.

Someone told me that I'm doing things the complicated way. He said:

that What I do is just set min frame 1/max frame 1

Talkin' to him right now on IRC #smogonwifi He might be able to help me....

Just because you hit your frame doesnt mean its going to be shiny you have advance the PID frame to the one with the !!!

ahh, yeah i see your problem now. uncheck your "shiny only" box on the rng reporter screen, then generate again.

there.. you can find your true starting frame.

ahh, yeah i see your problem now. uncheck your "shiny only" box on the rng reporter screen, then generate again.

there.. you can find your true starting frame.
No, I don't think that's the problem. In time finder I right clicked on the seed adjacent, and in the list the Nearby Shiny is 0 o.o

Will post again when I finally do it.

NPC's dont have to be visible to mess with the PID; I think Twist Mountain's caves are just one big map, except for when the encounter tables are different. If you want a shiny boldore (roggenrola) without NPCs to bug you, just go to wellspring cave.

Bahamut, take note of the times and Timer0s of the seeds you are hitting. If the timer0 is different, timer0 sucks!
How do I tell for certain if I've 'hit' the seed? I searched for adjacent seeds and nothing looked similar.

Also when exactly do I stop holding the keypress? Once the screen goes black from the Nintendo logo, after the copy rights, after the GameFreak movie, or all the way to the title?

What frustrates me the most about this is that I got it to work once, but I can't replicate my success.

I know these are noob questions but I can't find the answers in the guides.

Alright, I must be doing something drastically wrong, because the spreads I get when trying to calibrate for standard abuse don't give any results, nor can I hit any adjacent seeds (within 999 frames and 9 seconds) when trying to Entralink abuse. The only thing I can think of is MAC Address, but I have checked that several times and it is correct.

How do I tell for certain if I've 'hit' the seed? I searched for adjacent seeds and nothing looked similar.

When the same patterns show up. Such as IV's, natures, shaking patches

Also when exactly do I stop holding the keypress? Once the screen goes black from the Nintendo logo, after the copy rights, after the GameFreak movie, or all the way to the title?

I hold the keypress until I see the shooting star in the video, I let go and can start pressing the A button until the menu screen, load the game and abuse from there

What frustrates me the most about this is that I got it to work once, but I can't replicate my success.

I know these are noob questions but I can't find the answers in the guides.
Answers are in bold.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Alright, I must be doing something drastically wrong, because the spreads I get when trying to calibrate for standard abuse don't give any results, nor can I hit any adjacent seeds (within 999 frames and 9 seconds) when trying to Entralink abuse. The only thing I can think of is MAC Address, but I have checked that several times and it is correct.
+/- 999 should be your Delay range, not your frame, though it looks like you got it correct on the screenshot you sent me. Have you set your Frame box to 21?

I don't get what I'm doing wrong, at all.

I got a perfect IV normal Terrakion a while back with no difficulty and did loads of 4th gen stuff so I know what to do, but whenever I try 5th gen shiny it's just awful.

Firstly when I'm searching on the shiny egg function whatever I put in there I never get any results ever. Even with nothing in the search parameters, so clearly something is wrong.

And secondly when I try to do a shiny encounter, I absolutely never hit my target ever. I always land on something completely irrelevant and with no means of seeing what I actually hit, I just have no idea. To my knowledge everything I'm doing is right, and it worked for IVs, sooo... what's up with this?

Oh and to check my starting PID frame will always be 1 when it's sweet scent or a legendary, yeah? And 8 for an egg (although I think that might be IVs)? I think it was for the IVs. I haven't spotted this stuff on any of the guides.

I don't get what I'm doing wrong, at all.

I got a perfect IV normal Terrakion a while back with no difficulty and did loads of 4th gen stuff so I know what to do, but whenever I try 5th gen shiny it's just awful.

Firstly when I'm searching on the shiny egg function whatever I put in there I never get any results ever. Even with nothing in the search parameters, so clearly something is wrong.

And secondly when I try to do a shiny encounter, I absolutely never hit my target ever. I always land on something completely irrelevant and with no means of seeing what I actually hit, I just have no idea. To my knowledge everything I'm doing is right, and it worked for IVs, sooo... what's up with this?

Oh and to check my starting PID frame will always be 1 when it's sweet scent or a legendary, yeah? And 8 for an egg (although I think that might be IVs)? I think it was for the IVs. I haven't spotted this stuff on any of the guides.
Wow, no wonder you've been off. The starting PID frame is never 1. It's between 40-60. You use the calculate initial PID frame function to figure out what it is. Sometimes you have to figure it out manually by catching/receiving a pokemon and checking to see what PID it matches.
Your starting IV frame is 1 for all methods other than eggs(8), entralink pokemon(21) and the larvesta egg(2).
If you haven't spotted these in the guides then you weren't paying attention. They're all there. Go read it again. First 3 posts of this thread.

lol you misunderstand the PIDRNG

the starting PID frame will never be 1, it be around from 39-59, to check you starting pid frame on the main window choose method 5 PIDRNG and copy the full seed and paste it in the main window then click calculate PIDRNG to find your starting frame

eggs have a shifted starting frame cause of those damn NPC's

edit: damn someone beat me to it lol

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
-Found out how to hide things :)-
About the Missing No 0...
When plugged into Breeding BW, BW Internatioal, or Method 5 PIDRNG the seed with or without the 0 gives you the same result.

When plugged into Method 5 (Standard Seed) they produce different IVs

Actually read more is the awnser to almost every question here. Even to all of my questions *ashamed*. I think it's just better to really awnser them if you know it and you're willing to since I'm sure you'd wish others would awnser yours too even if it's somewhere in the guide. It's so much text that you sometimes just get lost and you're not actually searching for the right words (I searched for "fossil" to find the frame for that but I really should've control f'd "frame") :P You can at least refer to the post where the information is XF

Haha thanks guys, I guess I've never been known for being attentive. :P

I never noticed that if I clicked the starting frame generator, I'd get a starting frame put in the box on the left (was wondering why it didn't do anything) and after rereading the guide again I still haven't spotted that part lol. Looks like I'm well on my way to getting shinies though, woo.

so i know you advance IVRNG frames by 128 with X pokemon in your party.

but what about frames more than 6.. i just.. can't find that info anywhere, ive looked, trust me. :( help please

[wild pokemon btw]
Walk more.
Read more.
For someone who has posted so many questions in this thread, some of which I tried to help you with, you sure do get snippy when someone else has one.
boohoo.

Oh come on, nobody's bashing you. I'm sure you didn't really mean it like that and neither did Zandock. The "Walk more" is actually a direct awnser and maybe even a small joke :P

So I'm guessing you'll never be able to control the second Pokémon in a double battle nor be able to derive some helpfull information from it when capturing it.

Alright I'm having trouble with getting the pokemon I want (Ditto, Encounter Slot 6). I know I'm hitting the seed because the Metangs and Clefairies i've been catching have had the IV's I want. Is there some special trick to get the pokemon you want?

I should mention that I've read all the guides multiple times, so if the info is there please link me to it because I must have missed it.

Here's the info:
MAC address (DS Lite): 001656DE615E
Intended Pokemon: Ditto (Encounter Slot 6) @ Giant Chasm Plains using Fog Elimination trick & Sweet Scent,
IV's: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Nature: any
Shiny: don't care, just want the IV's
Using Method 5, Standard Non-C-Gear Seed
Full Seed: C663D68DA92CBCDC Frame: 1 Keypress: Right

Pokemon obtained: Metang - #375 (Impish)
HP: 31
Atk: 5
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Spe: 31

Why can't I ever get a stinkin' Ditto??

you need to advance the PIDRNG by saving or viewing a chatot with chatter summary

your starting pid is 49 = impish metang you need to advance it by saving 13 times to get ditto

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)