• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
ASB HIGHLIGHT MATCH
WEEK ONE - PART ONE

Welcome, one and all, to the greatest bi-weekly spectacle of ASB talent: the ASB Highlight Match! Highlight matches pit two of the top ASB players against each other for all to see! These matches will test the skills of the players chosen, and will give us a chance to see who comes out on top! Best of all, YOU are the one who gets to choose the participants! That's right, you will be voting on who gets to play who in these matches. It's a fun time for both the players and the spectators. You don't want to miss this battle, folks!

BATTLE RULES/REWARDS

The format for each battle will always be different (save Disqualification rules). It will always follow the normal battle formatting rules, which are as follows:
BATTLE NAME:

Format:
Style:
Chills/Recovery:
Disqualification:
1 Day DQ / 2 Day Ref DQ
Switch Rules:
Item Rules:
Ability Rules:

ARENA/SPECIAL CONDITIONS:

ADDITIONAL RULES:

• Only evolved Pokemon are allowed unless stated otherwise in the specific battle.
  • A Highlight Match will always be one person against one person. That means no melee battles or tag battles.
  • This match does NOT count as a normal battle. That means it does not go against the current three battle maximum AND does not count as a win or a loss on a record.
Prizes consist of normal battle counters (that's 2 TC per trainer and 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC and any gained KO Counters per participating Pokemon). The winner receives 2 universal KO counters to spend as well and, of course, will be recorded as a Highlight Match winner!

WEEK #1: 6/6/2011
BATTLE NAME: The Bonds of Friendship

Format:
2 v 2
Style: Singles
Chills/Recovery: 5 Chills / 2 Recoveries per Pokemon
Disqualification: 1 Day DQ / 2 Day Ref DQ
Switch Rules: Switch=KO
Item Rules: No Items
Ability Rules: All Abilities

ARENA/SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Standard tournament arena. All moves are allowed in this arena. Pokemon are restricted from leaving the arena. SPECIAL RULE: Participants must use the first three Pokemon they chose when they started ASB. If the participant(s) only started with two Pokemon, it is then the first three Pokemon on their team.
OUR MATCH: [BLANK] vs. [BLANK]

There are two polls, with the winner of the first facing the winner of the second. The first poll will be open until June 8th at 11:59 EST. The second poll will be open until June 10th at 11:59 EST. The battle will start on the 11th.

Good luck battlers and spectators!
- DarkSlay

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I feel very intimidated to be up on the poll with the other people (where is Deck).

Also, I have the same question as darkamber; I'm assuming that Flora will, being the Head Ref and all, but you never know.

Are Pokemon that are currently RP'ing/in tournament ineligible to battle?

EDIT: Colossoil is definitely not the 2nd best CAP. Swap it out next time :p

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
To answer your question about who is reffing, I was going to ask Flora if she was available. If she wants to pass on this, no worries - there will be a referee for this match. Guaranteed.

As for Deck...yeah, that was my bad. .-. But do not worry: I will simply add Deck into the second poll to replace the person who won this poll. So if you want to vote for Deck, that option will be available for the next poll.

Same comment as Darkamber here. Heck, there are quite a few notable users who aren't on it. (Dmtc, Venser, Objection, DECK). Maybe a nominations threa might also do the trick as we get more ASB players...

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
lol watfuck am I doing up there. Not that it matters much, it looks like we know who's the first battler.

Although my first two were good, I''d be happy to battle with them. In fact, I've been trying to get a battle for them for a while.

...dangit, it appears I am not considered notable...ah, well. I'll fire up my Krill-sat between now and a few weeks...and not fall quite so easily to DarkSlay's Pyroak.

I voted zarator-his tourney performance means we need to make up for it somehow.

I voted for SDS, just so y'all know. He's got some strong mons and he's a very smart guy - the battle will surely be interesting.

Also,
Tortferngatr said:
...dangit, it appears I am not considered notable...ah, well. I'll fire up my Krill-sat between now and a few weeks...and not fall quite so easily to DarkSlay's Pyroak.
I reffed that match. iLol.

I voted for Rolf, as I think he's underrated and also I dislike voting for myself^^ Thanks to all who voted for me :-)

I'd support having a nomination thread/phase with Highlight Matches. There are a number of other battlers that weren't an option that I would like to see battle.

Also, GO ALCH!

Same comment as Darkamber here. Heck, there are quite a few notable users who aren't on it. (Dmtc, Venser, Objection, DECK). Maybe a nominations threa might also do the trick as we get more ASB players...
not to toot my own horn but uhhh why were these people chosen? Rediamond makes a pretty good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)