(MC) Middle Cup Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
ehhh, i dont see those two becoming very popular with the great walls CHANSEY DUSCLOPS AND PORYGON2 running around. besides, i would pair him up with comgusken to get rid of steels.

Wait, doesn't Machoke learn Bullet Punch as well, or am I missing something?
You're right, he does. For some reason he doesn't show up on Veekun when searching for middle evo's with "insert move here". I forgot about that.

EDIT - It turns out a few things don't...like AJ Wartortle and Croconaw. Hmm. Guess I need more than Veekun for this >_>

I took the list down until I can go back through and add in everything Veekun missed. I knew it looked too empty. I'll finish it when I wake up. I've been up all night.

:/

Monferno seems like an oddity in a place full of stallish pokes, especially with the 'Big Three' being a squadron of stall-oriented Pokemon(Chansey, P2, Clops). It's got access to a shitload of priority, CC, Flare Blitz, Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Taunt and Acrobatics. If you want to troll with it, it even gets Slack Off. :/

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher

Eelektrik (M) @ Eviolite Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Coil
- Rest
- Spark
- Toxic

Other than the fact its walled by Magneton (and I guess to an extent- itself), Eelektrik is like unstoppable. The EVs give it enough Bulky to get up a Coil (His defenses are way to low to go uninvested), and once you get one or two up, you're gold. This shit is so good that (when I've been changing them to level 100, of course) this shit rapes against OU teams. Only other problem I can think up that Eelektrik has issues with is boosting special sweepers.

If my understanding of EVs is correct, the amount of EVs to change a stat depends on the Pokemons level, correct? Is there a guide somewhere for EVs for level 50 Pokemon?

BTW...as for levelup moves above 50-doesn't that only apply to things that are genderless? Again-like in Little Cup, you can pass down levelup moves if both parents know them.

The key to offense in this tier is removing Eviolite. I'll suggest a few sets-

Kadabra@ Toxic Orb
Modest 252 S Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Synchronise
Psychic
Focus Blast
Trick
Recover

This would be slightly better with Magic Guard, but it's unreleased and Toxic orb has another trick to it (no pun intended).
Send him out on something,Toxic Orb activates poisoning the opponent. Then Trick as they switch to Chansey, Dusclops or Porygon 2. Now you have an Eviolite and they're Poisoned without one. Proceed to kill.

With SR set up, Toxic Damage and 2 Focus Blasts you can KO 252HP/252SDef Calm Chansey, but not always. A layer of Spikes guarantees it.
Magic Guard Kadabra is worse at handling Porygon 2, as the Toxic damage can't finish it off when it Traces MG. But it's almost a OHKO anyway, once his Eviolite is gone so you can Psychic him to death after.

Run Modest if Electabuzz worries you, but I find the extra power handy.

Haunter@ Life Orb
Timid 252 S. Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Knock Off
Thunderbolt

I'm sure you can work this set out; Shadow Ball and Focus Blast for coverage, Knock Off Chansey's Eviolite and Focus Blast to death. It's a 3HKO, but with SR and 3 layers of Spikes, or one or 2 layers of Toxic spikes, it's a solid 2HKO.

Pikachu@ Light Ball
Lightning Rod
Hasty Nature 252 S Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Atk
Thunderbolt
Brick Break/ Focus Punch
Hidden Power Ice/ Grass Knot
Knock Off/ Nasty Plot

Switch in on a Thunder Wave or Thunderbolt, ideally, and Focus Punch can OHKO Chansey even through Eviolite. Alternatively, Brick Break with Spikes and SR is a OHKO, or Brick Break/ Thunderbolt for the kill. Or Knock Off/ Brick Break. Whatever you like.
Alternatively, Nasty Plot up; +3 Thunderbolt can OHKO through Eviolite with hazards.

We should see about hosting a Tournament, to advertise the tier. Could be interesting.

NOTE: None of these pokemon actually learn Focus Blast. Herp a derp.

I figured out everthing moogleking said before he even thought of it. LOL.
KNOCK OFF AND TRICK BREAK THE GAME.
With an evolite, even Haunter and Kadabra become bulkier, which although retarded, when tricking a choice item to a chansey or something, it becomes seriously worthwhile.

I figured out everthing moogleking said before he even thought of it. LOL.
KNOCK OFF AND TRICK BREAK THE GAME.
With an evolite, even Haunter and Kadabra become bulkier, which although retarded, when tricking a choice item to a chansey or something, it becomes seriously worthwhile.
Heh, I thought it was obvious, but no-one was saying it :P
Seismic Toss and Night Shade style moves are pretty nice in this tier, only Rhydon can really take advantage of Substitutes with more than 50 HP, where as 101 subs are much more common in OU. Not that it'll matter too much.

Is there some way we can organize battles, because it's hard to test things when there's not always people on.
Well I suggested a tournament to publicise the tier, i'm sure if a few of us who already play join, and we record battles for the Youtube channel and whatnot we could build up alot more support, hopefully one day we'll have a ladder :)

Heh, I thought it was obvious, but no-one was saying it :P
Seismic Toss and Night Shade style moves are pretty nice in this tier, only Rhydon can really take advantage of Substitutes with more than 50 HP, where as 101 subs are much more common in OU. Not that it'll matter too much.

Well I suggested a tournament to publicise the tier, i'm sure if a few of us who already play join, and we record battles for the Youtube channel and whatnot we could build up alot more support, hopefully one day we'll have a ladder :)
That would be awesome. I personally won't be able to join most of that stuff, but i'd love to try to involve myself a little bit. Youtube would be cool too.

I'll happily enter a tournament, if only to fight a few battles :)

If the thread likes the idea, I'll see about putting one through :D

No-one's posted there for about a month, and Eviolite ban just makes the game a sweep fest, Chansey struggles to stand up to Special sweepers as is, what hope do other walls have?

Tier's reasonably balanced as is.

Only one thing with the Haunter and Kadabra set: they can't learn Focus Blast.
Generally, the rule is of non-fighting types, only fully evolved forms get it. (Except for Rhydon, Electabuzz, Magmar, and Vigoroth)

Only one thing with the Haunter and Kadabra set: they can't learn Focus Blast.
Generally, the rule is of non-fighting types, only fully evolved forms get it. (Except for Rhydon, Electabuzz, Magmar, and Vigoroth)
Well snap, that makes Chansey even better at her job! They can both Focus Punch, I suppose :P

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No-one's posted there for about a month, and Eviolite ban just makes the game a sweep fest, Chansey struggles to stand up to Special sweepers as is, what hope do other walls have?

Tier's reasonably balanced as is.
The game wasn't a sweep fest in gen IV (which was the focus of that group, btw). And so what if Chansey sucks? I say about damn time. Porygon2 is the best mixed wall in the tier WITHOUT an Eviolite; it can easily run a bulky set with an Eviolite and instant recovery with Recover, and with a nice boost from Download, do some heavy damage itself. Also, regarding your signature, Pikachu gets stopped cold by Choice Scarf Gabite, seeing as all Pikachu can really do to it is HP Ice on a predicted switch, or just scurry away like the rat he is, should Gabite come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)