BL Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeah, I got rid of it.

It worried me that our RBY UU tier seemed to be carrying authority it really had no right to.

This isnt a case of rewriting history, because that banlist doesnt really have any history. It was made after ADV had came out and it was hardly used. On top of that, it wasnt very good. It concerned me that people seemed to be deferring to it when they probably shouldnt.

So if you are going to play RBY UU, you will need to come up with your own bl list. My recommendation is to think pretty hard about Articuno, Jolteon, Hypno and Tentacruel. I'm not saying they should be one way or the other, but they are closest to the border in my opinion.

Unless you want a lower cut off, in which case, by all means do that.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
So assuming enough testing was done and the players made their own BL list, would you adopt it for the site, or this a permanent change?

Good idea hip, I actually find that UU without anything banned (or as rby2k10 calls it the BL metagame) is actually pretty balanced in and of itself.

Also noticed you moved cloyster to OU, or was he always there?

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Oh yeah, I did that too.

As for adopting an official uu list, I dont really see the need for it, but if there is significant demand for it sure..

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I doubt we'll get a "significant" demand soon. What we *could* do to gauge the situation would be an RBY UU tournament. We could see how this works out with a test trial, though quite a few of the players will likely be later gen players with a "let's try it out" mentality I'm afraid...

I doubt we'll get a "significant" demand soon. What we *could* do to gauge the situation would be an RBY UU tournament. We could see how this works out with a test trial, though quite a few of the players will likely be later gen players with a "let's try it out" mentality I'm afraid...
Which seems completely fine in my opinion. If there wasn't a constant flux of new players every so often any metagame (even BW OU) would die sooner or later.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This is actually really cool. Large BL tiers in general are really stupid, so props for removing it altogether. Has anyone thought about hosting an RBY UU tournament to test out the current metagame?

These are without Wrapping moves, but could easily be changed around for Smogon to use.

Uber

Mew
Mewtwo

OverUsed

Alakazam
Articuno
Chansey
Exeggutor
Gengar
Golem
Jolteon
Jynx
Lapras
Persian
Rhydon
Slowbro
Snorlax
Starmie
Tauros
Zapdos

BorderLine

Clefable
Cloyster
Dodrio
Dragonite
Dugtrio
Gyarados
Haunter
Hypno
Kadabra
Kangaskhan
Moltres
Mr. Mime
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Raichu
Tentacruel
Venusaur
Victreebel

UnderUsed

Arcanine
Blastoise
Charizard
Dewgong
Electabuzz
Golduck
Graveler
Kabutops
Kingler
Ninetales
Pinsir
Poliwhirl
Poliwrath
Porygon
Raticate
Sandslash
Tangela
Vaporeon
Venomoth

NeverUsed

Aerodactyl
Arbok
Beedrill
Butterfree
Ditto
Electrode
Farfetch'd
Fearow
Flareon
Golbat
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Lickitung
Machamp
Magmar
Magneton
Marowak
Muk
Omastar
Onix
Parasect
Pidgeot
Primeape
Rapidash
Scyther
Seadra
Seaking
Vileplume
Weezing
Wigglytuff
(All NFEs not previously listed)

The tiers are made so all tiers are playable on their own. Tiers based on OU viability is a bit silly. Sure Hitmonlee can (barely) KO Normals in OU, but that's not useful in BL or UU where different types of Pokemon are more commonly used, and Hitmonlee is definitely not OU.

With tiers based on OU viability, others would shoot up to BL too like Kingler, Aerodactyl, etc.

Edit: Also HJK on its own isn't the best way to beat the Normals. If you're interested, I can PM you an off-site guide on using Hitmonlee in OU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)