Chemical Bonds

Chemical Bonds

I began playing UU not long ago, mainly to stand a chance in a couple of tourneys, one of which I am currently in the finals for, and to make my way there I used a stall team, probrably my only successfull UU team, however now stall is beggining to rot away, so I figured I would make a new team, however playing anything that isn't stall in UU really isn't my thing so hopefully this RMT will help me fix up any issues with the team.

Here and there I had some help from my friend Makaveli, so I recruited him to throw his own comments into this RMT too so from here on, my comments will be in Blue, and Maka's will be in Red.

Team Building Process

I began with a core suggested by my friend Makaveli, Mismagius and Bisharp, and like all of his other suggestions to me, it f*cking works like a charm. The Life Orb Sub+NP/SD Set was used on Mismagius and Bisharp respectively to create my central offensive core for the team, these two have pretty nice synergy, both offensively and defensively, allowing the pair to aid each other to set up and sweep quite proficiently.

I suggested these two pokemon to pain, as they provide a interesting offensive core, and Bisharp behind a sub is deadly and the synergy between Bisharp and Mismagius is awesome, each taking each others key weaknesses.

---

Next I needed something to support my offensive core, Registeel was the pokemon of choice as despite his recent drop in usage, he can still take hits like there nothing from most pokemon in UU, while providing Paralysis support and Stealth Rocks to help aid Missy and Bisharp to set up and sweep.

Registeel helps provide excellent synergy with Mismagius, and can also work as an excellent wall.

---

I began to like the fact that this team seemed somewhat non-generic, and so I decided to stick with it, I added Cofagrigus to take the Physical half of the spectrum to create a defensive core with Registeel, he was also a decent staller if nessercary.

I never really liked Cofagrigus tbh. I dont think he was that efficient or providing anything for the team so I was happy when he was booted =D.

---

Now here I figured that I had a sweeping core, and a defensive core, what I lacked at this point was immediate power. To fix this I decided to use Scarf Rotom-H and Scarf Flygon, providing me with a U-Switch combo to build momentum, and they worked well as revenge killers.

Its the UU version of scizor and rotom =D. U-Switch is a very annoying tactic that allows to keep momentum, and the fact both pokes are not affected by toxic spikes or spikes is even better.

---

Cofagrigus just wasn't working out, he barely had an impact on any games, and any time he did have a chance to benifit my team, it just screwed up, from this I decided to switch him for Suicune, he still synergised fairly well with Registeel as a physical wall. I tried out 2 different sets on Suicune, firstly I tried his RestTalk Scald+Roar set to utilise him as a support pokemon, and this was very situational, and so I soon swapped out Roar for Calm Mind, this worked slighly better.

Suicune was a great wall before, but he did not fit the team well. All his sets used had brought no real benefit to the team. So it was a unfortunate hit and miss.

---

Suicunes role here was primarily for support, so since Roar wasn't working out, and CM wasn't supporting my team very well, I needed to change him around again. I threw in Zapdos here, I began to run out of choices so I litterally thought of a physical wall and threw it in, however once again, Despite my team now being entirely immune to Toxic Spikes (Suck it Roserade) it again simply didn't work.

On paper zapdos seemed a excellent candidate, but yet again it failed to deliver. Like suicune, it didn't manage to provide much for the team so we had to go back to the drawing board.

---

After pondering for a while, and conversing with my friend maka, we came to the conclusion that Mew would be the best solution for my teams current issues. Stall hurt this team, alot, from this point I decided upon Mew, his Taunt + Will-O-Wisp set destroys stall, and he fit into the team really well, he acts as a brilliant Physical wall thanks to his Will-O-Wisp stalling capabilities, he can take status knowing that Synchonise will throw it right back, and he even synergised with Registeel well, it just worked beautifully.

This thing is just awesome. It kills so much simply with taunt and wisp. It screws over stall and and is pain (no pun intended) to those teams that are not prepared. I run a houndoom normally just to handle damn mews because mew is that effective.

In Depth

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

~ Outrage ~
HIT IT WITH OUTRAGE! Flygons STAB of choice, simply for its staggering 120 Base Power and lack of pokes who resist it in UU

~ U-turn ~
Allows a little extra coverage while providing my team with a little extra momentum, it also creates a U-Switch combo with Rotom-H

~ Earthquake ~
Flygons secondary STAB move, provides brilliant coverage with the QuakeEdge combo and has a powerful 100 Base Power to dent switch ins.

~ Stone Edge ~
Final coverage move to create the QuakeEdge combo, it allows me to hit the ever common Zapdos for super-effective damage whilst still boasting 100 Base Power, 80 Accuracy isnt the friendliest, although it isnt too much of a drawback.

---

I decided to use Adamant Scarf over Jolly Band mainly to ensure I can outspeed Banded Victini, who after Rocks damage, I believe I can KO with Earthquake. It allows Flygon to be utilised as a brilliant revenge killer with very little that outspeeds it (non-scarfed of course), and this is complemented by his typing. Adamant provides him with a little extra power that he loses through running Scarf over Band.

Scarf Flygon is a excellent scouter and provides momentum with Rotom. And he is a excellent late game sweeper just by spamming earthquake. Adamant is chosen for the power as with jolly he just does not hit hard. And the fact he is ground type and with levitate makes it so much better, with right prediction stopping volt switches.

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

~ Volt Switch ~
What Choiced Rotom doesnt use Volt Switch, seriously? It provides me with a scouting STAB to provide momentum, and even rips half of a Chandelure switch-in's health apart. The best part is that it created a U-Switch combo with Flygon.

~ Overheat ~
Rotom-H exclusive attack, Overheat is his STAB of choice with 140 Base Power, alongside a Modest nature... this isn't something to mess around with as it will dent almost any switch in with a decent 90 Accuracy.

~ Hidden Power [Ice] ~
HP Ice is for coverage in the form of BoltBeam, this also allows him to KO Flygon with ease, outspeeding Banded varients.

~ Thunderbolt ~
Extra coverage isn't nessercary, so Thunderbolt is added for extra power over Volt Switch, also allowing Rotom-H to clean up late game.

---

This Rotom-H is essentially a Special version of Flygon, its Scarf allows it to outspeed many threats, and has the ability to scout or U-Switch. This means Rotom-H works as a powerful revenge killer. Modest is again to provide it with extra power lost through using a Scarf. Also I do not run Trick on this set as I see it as unnessercary, it cripples Rotom-H as much as the recipitent as he can no longer do his job, Maka prefers trick however most stalling threats are handled by Mew perfectly fine anyway.

Second part of the annoying momentum core. He provides excellent coverage and I prefer trick over HP Ice, trick is just to screw over that damn chansey. He just annoys the heck out of the opponent however if Stealth Rock is up it kills rotoms efficiency.

Mismagius (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

~ Substitute ~
It speaks for itself really, if you can predict a switch or a status move, getting a free Sub up on Missy can be devastating for the opponent, thanks to it being able to outspeed most UUmons, it lets me get a free NP.

~ Nasty Plot ~
Double Missy's 309 SPAtk stat... need I say anything else?

~ Shadow Ball ~
STAB of choice for any Ghost type (unless your name is Golurk or Banette), it provides good coverage with 80 Base Power, after a NP, it can OHKO most of the metagame that doesnt resist it.

~ Thunderbolt ~
I think TBolt provides better coverage than HP Fighting, especially with bulky waters on the rise, after a NP, it is simply devastating with 95 Base Power.

---

A pokemon I would have NEVER thought of using as a sweeper got thrown at my face by Maka, and Goddammit I love him for it XD. Mismagius is a brilliant set up sweeper, with 105 Base Speed, it outspeed most non-scarfed UU threats apart from Alakazam, who is easilly decimated anyway if theres a Sub up. Taunt can hurt this poke, however I will normally be able to get a Sub up on the switch and KO the taunter (Commonly Mew or Frosslass, both of which are KOed by Shadow Ball). It has proven an irriplaceable member of the team countless times.

After a sub this thing just murders. After a nasty plot it kills so much, and with perfect neutral coverage nothing escapes its wrath. Its good to put pressure on mew with this because they are so god damn annoying. Missy plays her part well in the offensive core.

Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

~ Substitute ~
Alike Mismagius, get a free turn, set-up, I also forgot to mention earlier that this benefits greatly from Rotom and Flygon's ability to U-Turn/Volt Switch for a free turn.

~ Swords Dance ~
Once again, doubling Bisharps 383 Attack, with 2 STAB's is simply extrordinary.

~ Iron Head ~
Bisharps coverage STAB, he is frequently slower than most pokes so the flinch chance is normally useless, unless however the opponent has been hit with Registeels T-Wave or I got lucky with a T-Bolt.

~ Sucker Punch ~
Bisharps STAB of choice, Base 80 Power, and also priority, that has the ability to OHKO most of the metagame after a Swords Dance, why wouldnt you use this move?

---

Mismagius' other half, they work brilliantly together, and very similarly. Bisharp has unbelievable power and fairly nice bulk, and STAB priority to compensate for his lack of speed. There isn't really much else to say, other Sub users such as Alakazam can give him problems although the majority of my team can handle him.

Well Missy's husband Bisharp is one crazy mofo. Under a sub he terrorises. With boosts under his belt no one is safe, because thanks to priority sucker punch he kills, and he has excellent synergy with Missy which has probably been said so many times its annoying. Haha so no more of that :P

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spd

~ Psychic ~
STAB of choice, deals a decent amount of damage and have better coverage than Ice Beam.

~ Taunt ~
Prevents stall pokes setting up, or taunting mew.

~ Will-O-Wisp ~
Causes residual burn damage each turn on the opponent allowing Mew to stall, and also act as a Physical wall.

~ Roost ~
Recovery move allowing me to stall.

---

Mew can do just about anything, think of a moveset and Mew can probrably use it, however this is probrably his most renowned and effective set in UU. Mew can stall out most threats to this team and break opposing stall teams down, something that really hurts my team, he supports this team brilliantly and fits right in as a support poke.

Mew came, he saw, he raped and conquered. He burns all in his wake and taunts them to oblivion. He is a answer to stall, and is a important player for this team, being essential in stopping hazards and wisping the physical threats that stand against us. I think he pulls his weight for the team.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

~ Stealth Rock ~
Simple hazard support, breaks sashes, sturdy, and makes for easier 1/2HKO's

~ Thunder Wave ~
Paralysis support is invaluble, allowing me to set up with Bisharp/Missy easilly.

~ Iron Head ~
STAB Coverage, it also allows me to abuse ParaFlinch alongside TWave.

~ Seismic Toss ~
Set damage move to hit reasonable damage on other pokes.

---

Registeel has began to die down in UU it seems, but I still think he is effective, even despite the numerous threats dropped down from OU. He still makes for one of the best special walling support pokes, being able to wall so many threats, even some physical ones thanks to his incredible bulk and steel typing. His main weaknesses and threats are handled by the rest of my team efficiently enough anyway, he just works for me as the support he provides is alike having a Chansey, only with leftovers.

This thing is so damn annoying. Thunder wave + Iron head is so irritating, but not as much as haxrachi. The moves are standard really, SR for hazards, thunder wave to annoy and slow pokes for bisharp if needed S-toss to do damage and iron head for good old STAB and flinch rate.

---

Final Look

Importable

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Mismagius (M) @ Life Orb
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spd
- Psychic
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Registeel @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Seismic Toss

Threat List

Threat levels:

High Risk Threat
Regular Threat
Minor Annoyance

Offensive Threats

Escalvier
- My team only has 2 ways of handling him, and neither of them are very efficient, Rotom-H's overheat, which is VERY predictable, and Mew's Will-O-Wisp which is risky to switch in with due to Megahorn.

Heracross
- If he is Scarfed, then im forced to outpredict him since nothing can safely switch into his moveset unharmed, however if he isn't, I can outspeed it with most of my team to KO.

Houndoom
- Houndoom can actually safely switch into the majority of my team bar Flygon, so if Flygon's dead, I have some trouble handling Houndoom aside from wearing him down with Rotom/Mismagius.

Krookadile
- I have very little to hit him with, and his common coverage can hit 5/6 of my team members for Super Effective, making him a very dangerous threat.

Nidoking
- He required some prediction to work around as his scarf set is only outsped by my own scarfers, who cant do anything outside of Flygons predictable earthquake, so its a case of wearing him down.

Rotom-H
- His coverage can hurt my entire team, if he is Jolly Scarfed he can cripple Mew and Regi with Trick, Hit Mismagius with a possible Shadow Ball, Overheat on Bisharp, Possible HPIce against Flygon, my best hope is my own Rotom-H or force him to trick my mew/regi and KO with Flygon as a last resort.

Victini
- V-Create dents/KOes everything on my team its unreal, the only thing I can do to it is fodder a pokemon out for a revenge kill, or hope its taken rock damage so I can KO with Flygon.

Defensive Threats

Chansey
- Like a brick wall, with no supereffective attack, depite it having little impact on my team, it becomes a minor annoyance as I have to waste time wearing it down, however occasionally I am able to use it as set up bait for Mismagius or Bisharp.

Clefable
- Oh god no... I remember a game, I was winning 6-1, his last pokemon was Clefable, Cosmic Power Trick Flameorb, and it swept me... Granted this was very much due to misplays it still needs a mention due to the potential it has to damage this team.

Milotic
- It's bulky... best chance to wear it down, or set-up with Mismagius.

Quagsire
- No Grass attacks, Bisharp and Mismagius' stat boosts are rendered useless, I have to resort to stalling it out with Mew/Regi.

Closing

This team has been somewhat successfull in UU upto now, however it still isn't as successfull as my old stall team, this RMT is here to change that, I may get a full threat list set up soon, but in the meantime, rate away, all constructive critique is appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi, an indeed original team you guys made here! Layout-wise, I suggest you guys put all the pokemon's moves in plain black, and with no text next to it, and that you explain your movechoices in the main text for that pokemon. Just a suggestion...

Also, I never really liked Rotom-H in UU for some reason. Also, you already have enough Electric-type moves in the team, so I suggest you replace Rotom-H with the newcomer Darmanitan. Yeah, it might make the team less original, but I think you should give him a try. The U-turning tactic with Flygon can continue, as Darmanitan learns U-turn. Here's the set I prefer for him:

Darmanitan@Choice Scarf
Adamant/Jolly, 4 HP/252 Atk/ 252 Spe
-Flare Blitz
-U-turn
-Rock Slide
-Superpower/Fire Punch/Earthquake

Great set for Darmanitan. The nature is up to you to choose, Adamant for power, Jolly for speed. Flare Blitz is the main move of the set, wrecking a lot of pokemon in the tier. U-turn complements Flygons U-turn and acts like a nice escape route anyway. Rock Slide takes out Rotom-H, Victini, Bugs, Zapdos (not OHKO I think, unfortunately), that kind of stuff. The last move is optional; Superpower is a nice move with a bad side-effect, Fire Punch can act like a STABmove without killing yourself and Earthquake is always cool, I guess.

That's all for now. Cap'n to your service,
Cap'n.

TheSpecialOne

formerly Santuga
Great team you have there, at least it looks good on paper.

I'd like to suggest one thing. Running Leftovers on Mismagius instead of Life Orb, and maybe on Bisharp but mainly on Mismagius. With Life Orb + Substitute, you will be wearing yourself down very quickly and since you have Nasty Plot, you won't be lacking too much offensive power, so you might add a bit of survivability to it. I also see a Scarf Shaymin being useful to take down the threats you mentioned, but I don't know if it is viable anymore.

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would run trick over either hp ice or t bolt on rotom h, I suggest hp ice as the only Pokemon that it really hurts in uu is flygon, who is handled well by registeel (with prediction of course, just go to one of your levitates if you think he will eq), and thunderbolt is good as a clean up move, although you have flygon to clean up with outrages/earthquake, so it's up to you really. Another option is to run hp grass instead, as it hurts ground types just as much as as ice, while hurting quagmire who seems like it could ignore a significant part of your team if mew is down. Trick hurts nearly all defensive mons like Chaney or donphan, and it doesn't not hurt your team too much as you already have flygon for revenge killing, if you add trick then I suggest making him timid. Also, minor nitpick but most people call it a volt turn combo rather than a u switch combo. GL!

Hey! Nice team, I really like it!
As for my rate, I suggest you switch Life Orb for Leftovers on your Mismagius as Sub and Life Orb really decreases its surviveability.

Also you may want to consider replacing Mew with prankster Sableye (It sorta does the exact same thing, but better!). Reason being, you won't have to worry about scarf Krookodile because prankster gives Will-O-Wisp priority and you only take neutral damage from a STAB Dark- type move. Same goes with Escavalier. Taunt also shuts down some of the defensive threats you have a problem with.

Here is the Sableye set. (You can use an alternative EV spread, but I really like this one)

Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 126 Def / 132 SDef
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade

Goodluck and keep up the good work!

@Cap'n Drag

Yeah the layout is a little outrageous :') I had considered Darmanitan, although that would limit the U-Turning cores proficiency due to both of them being pure physical attackers, I may try it out however I doubt much will change, Rotom-H manages his job quite well for me :)
Thanks for the response!

@Santuga

I have to agree with you 100% on Mismagius, the lack of recovery does hurt when trying to get a sub up alongside LO damage, Lefties definately seem much more profivient, i'll try that out. As for Scarf Shaymin, im glad you mentioned that because I LOVE that little beast, he seems more effective in OU though for some reason :/ ive been trying to fit him into the team however this will result in the majority of the team changing to fit around him, never the less I will give it a shot!

Thanks for the response!

@shnen

I stated in the description of rotom that what I benifit from running HPIce greatly outweighs that of Trick, simple because using trick may cripple another wall, but it will stop Rotom-W from doing his job effectively, thanks for the suggestion though.

Thanks for the response!

@dragonboy52

Like earlier, im going to start trying Lefties on Mismagius. As for sableye, I will give it a shot but ive never really found him that benificial, sure he has prankster but his lack of bulk really hurts, besides, what use is he dead? I may try it but I doubt any change will happen there.

Thanks for the response!

Golurk seems like it could pose serious problems to your team. Can come in on about half your team, Set up a sub and is garunteed a kill. Can OHKO pretty much all opf your team bar Rotom-H but after SR shadow punch will dent if not kill it. and when behind a sub it gets a kill, switches out then comes in to hurt your team later.

To fix this Id Replace your mew with a milotic, a great bulky water, amazing recovery with recover, stab scald, for people that hate scuicune (I use both) Milotic solves most of their issues.

Milotic
Bold
248HP/252Def/8Spe
~ Scald
~ Recover
~ Toxic
~ Dragon tail/haze/ice beam

Sableye (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 126 Def / 132 SDef
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade

Goodluck and keep up the good work!
Would Eviolite really work on Sableye? I thought it only woked on pokémon with the potential to evolve further. I always run leftovers on my prankster Sableye.

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@shnen

I stated in the description of rotom that what I benifit from running HPIce greatly outweighs that of Trick, simple because using trick may cripple another wall, but it will stop Rotom-W from doing his job effectively, thanks for the suggestion though.

Thanks for the response!
You are only using trick on rotom when he does not need the speed to beat any particularly dangerous opponents, for example if you see he has a scarf nidoking and flygon is down/you don't want to risk switching into an ice beam then you will want to keep rotoms scarf to ensure that he can revenge. In addition, you already have flygon to revenge kill, two revenge killers just is not nessacry, especially with all the stout lands floating around the tier ATM. Volt switch would not be used to kill things off anyway, only when you predict a switch/want to scout the opponents move. Trick allows rotomh to perform a much greater utility, what are the major benefits of you running hp ice that greatly outweigh being able to instantly stop a mew, a Chansey, a quagsire, a donphan, a suicune, a sableye, the list goes on? The only real thing that it hits immeasurably hard is flygon, who will be outspeeding likely, and is also likely to have stone edge to do you in.. And if you really want to keep hp ice, then t-bolt is always replaceable as well. I really suggest trick on him, maybe just test it out?
Additionally your whole team apart from rotomh is really cripples by sableye, especially those with foul play (which I use :3), as this does ~80% to missy on the switch despite her lacklustre attack, and being able to trick them effectively takes them out of the game.

You are only using trick on rotom when he does not need the speed to beat any particularly dangerous opponents, for example if you see he has a scarf nidoking and flygon is down/you don't want to risk switching into an ice beam then you will want to keep rotoms scarf to ensure that he can revenge. In addition, you already have flygon to revenge kill, two revenge killers just is not nessacry, especially with all the stout lands floating around the tier ATM. Volt switch would not be used to kill things off anyway, only when you predict a switch/want to scout the opponents move. Trick allows rotomh to perform a much greater utility, what are the major benefits of you running hp ice that greatly outweigh being able to instantly stop a mew, a Chansey, a quagsire, a donphan, a suicune, a sableye, the list goes on? The only real thing that it hits immeasurably hard is flygon, who will be outspeeding likely, and is also likely to have stone edge to do you in.. And if you really want to keep hp ice, then t-bolt is always replaceable as well. I really suggest trick on him, maybe just test it out?
Additionally your whole team apart from rotomh is really cripples by sableye, especially those with foul play (which I use :3), as this does ~80% to missy on the switch despite her lacklustre attack, and being able to trick them effectively takes them out of the game.
I think you have convinced me :') when I get back into UU a little more i'll put Trick > HPIce, and probrably even try out Sableye > Mew as suggested earlier, as he hasnt been too much use to me upto now. I tried the suggestion of replacing him with Milotic, which a sorely regretted, as Milotic was litterally dead weight to this team.

Anyway ill give it a shot and ill keep you informed on how it fares.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)