Notification when a Post of yours gets quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My idea would be to add another thing to the pop down list that tells you if you have new VMs/PMs, that sort of thing. When someone quotes your post, it usually means that they are responding directly to you, often hoping for another response.

As an avid team rater, when a Team poster quotes my rate and adds comments I love to read them. Though it can often be a hassle to keep up with a thread as numerous others pile up on top of it. Sometimes I'll check a thread very often to never see a response. Or sometimes I won't check back, and there will be a response waiting.

I believe this would further help connect our community.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
I believe this would overcrowd and overcomplicate things too much, especially for users like me.

I find it easy enough to remember what I have posted in what threads, enabling me to easily check back to see what other people have posted. Therefore I do not believe this is really necessary.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Although not exactly this, remember that you can set it so that you're automatically subscribed to threads you post in. That way you can just check your subscription list and see which topics you've posted in have had someone else post since you were last in it.

Since most RMT threads never go past a single page, it's mostly about making sure you keep up with the threads you've posted in. For active threads, the view your own posts feature is sufficient.

Although not exactly this, remember that you can set it so that you're automatically subscribed to threads you post in. That way you can just check your subscription list and see which topics you've posted in have had someone else post since you were last in it.
For threads with more pages, this pretty much solves the problem.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You can also try Ctrl+F then putting your name in to see if you were quoted in subsequent pages for the more active threads.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, you guys all bring up good points. Just thought about it, and decided I might bring it up :)

yes. This is a problem i see in many forums. This will help discussions very much I think. In some forums I cant even find my own posts because there is no list of my posts link there.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Just check threads you're interested in if you wanna keep up with them.

yes. This is a problem i see in many forums. This will help discussions very much I think. In some forums I cant even find my own posts because there is no list of my posts link there.
you can use the forum search features, advanced search, look for your username in the forum you posted in and it will show you all your posts in that forum

you can also find all of your posts on your user profile (it should be in statistics) which allows you to browse through your latest posts (with direct links to the post and thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)