Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

I dread to think what a Pinkie Pie attack might consist of. I don't watch MLP, but judging from your descriptions of Pinkie Pie, it sounds like it'd be a Metronome on steroids
Actually, it would probably consist of sugar, balloons, confetti, gifts, and breaking the forth wall repeatedly.

Hey everyone!
Looking for a challenge for my Black version.

Make it however difficult you want though all pokes must be fully evolved pre E4.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Buterfree...
Its_A_Random said:
You get one of "The Three Disabled Monkeys". Which one? Blind the Panpour. Blind is one of the aforementioned Three Disabled Monkeys. This one is blind & cannot see anything at all & is therefore likely to miss everything. To emulate this, it may never use any moves with 100% accuracy in battle...Initially. This means that it's useless until it either gets Cut or Fury Swipes. Eventually, after a while, when you beat N in Nimbasa City, you randomly come across some "Miracle Medicine" that apparently cures blindness!!! You give it to Blind, but it doesn't heal it...Stupid gimmicks...However, you notice some improvement in Blind, & he gains the ability to use status moves with 100% accuracy!!! However, this doesn't last forever, however after either 5 hours game time pass, or Blind faints 10 times, the medicine wears off, & you don't have any more of it...Ultimately, it must solo Drayden. To evolve, it must solo 30 Trained Pokemon.

Recap:
-Blind the Panpour
-No moves with 100% accuracy until you beat N in Nimbasa
-At that point, he can use non-attacking moves with 100% accuracy until Blind either faints 10 times or 5 hours Game Time has passed, whichever comes first
-Solo 30 Trained Pokemon to evolve
-Solo Drayden.
Have fun.

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
la la la reserving a Deerling.

ugh this is the first one I've given out in a while so bear with me.

For record, here is Deerling's serebii data.

Okay! Let's get started. Your Deerling is disgusted by how materialistic the rest of the Deerling must be to change colors every season. It's pathetic. Life should not be lived that way! As such, name your Deerling either Hipster or Argyle, whichever you think is funnier.

Deerling thinks that's is ridiculous that it has a Normal-typing when it is clearly capable of learning Fighting-type moves, which it it weak to. As such, always keep a Fighting-type move on Deerling.

Deerling also thinks that the best course of offensive is not always to strike openly. Because of this, make sure that Deerling keeps Leech Seed or Aromatherapy.

Deerling fumes wildly whenever it sees something conform to social norms, so you may only evolve him/her if it participates in battle with Skyla's Unfezant, who has a gender difference. Note that this is not a solo.

To increase its rage, have it defeat at least two trainers in Brycen's Gym (which shouldn't be a problem thanks to your Fighting-type move.)

Reserving for Butterfree.
Butterfree, take Variable the Woobat. Variable must be the first Woobat you catch. Its restrictions are based on its abilites and nature:
If it is/has:
Klutz- it may not hold any item, ever. No exceptions.
Unaware- It must switch out immediately if it's opponent gets a stat boost, and it may not switch in against any pokemon with a stat boost.
Male- Teach it Psychic, and it is always under the effect of Torment
Female- Teach it Air Slash, and it is always under the effect of a Choice item
A +/- Atk nature- Must learn Assurance
A +/- Def nature- Must learn Light Screen
A +/- SpA nature- Must learn Round
A +/- SpD nature- Must learn Reflect
A +/- Spe nature- Must learn Attract
A neutral nature- Must learn Hidden Power

Whatever moves and restrictions you get, Variable must not learn any other moves on the above list, and it must solo one Gym Leader of your choice. Have fun!

I suppose I'll reserve Butterfree's last Pokemon

It'll be a Sawk

Edit: You'll be going with a personal favorite of mine, Li the Sawk.

Li feels like he's the most powerful Pokemon there is. But, he won't show off his full power to just anyone. Therefore, he has restrictions based on his level.

Start-Lv 20 - he needs not show off his full power; a small amount will do. Rock Smash is the only move he may use in battle
Lv 21-30- He is always under the effects of Taunt and Torment, as he was criticized for holding back, many see him as weak. He'll show them
Lv 31-40- He begins to doubt himself more, so one he learns Bulk Up, he must use it once every time he is in battle
Lv 40-End- He wishes to broaden his horizons, to become a true master. He must know 4 different types of moves, and may not battle until he has accomplished this.

To prove himself, his final goal is to solo Marshal at no higher than Lv 55

Have fun!

Thought I'd try something new. Hope it was worth it!

"You have something I want, Byron."

The voice echoed throughout the building. Across the various floors of the Gym, each and every Trainer had paused in their training routines, intent on watching the upcoming battle. The teenage girl standing opposite their leader seemed unassuming, perhaps even weak. But they knew different. They had been swept aside, the girl intent on one thing and one thing alone. The Mine Badge.

"Ah, I've been looking forward to this day. I've heard many tales of you, from my son, Roark. I do believe you've met?"

"We did, once," said the girl, hand clutching at the single Poké Ball attached to her belt. She wasn't here for conversation, but the Leader seemed to be in no hurry.

"When he first mentioned you, at first I thought he was joking. Roark, my son, the supposed master of Rock-type Pokémon, losing to a Kricketune? Ridiculous, I told him. Surely but one attack from his Cranidos and the match would be over?"

"It was a tough fight. But I knew Fiddle had it in him."

"Ah, excuse me... Fiddle?"

The girl started, clearly having forgotten that Byron would not be aware of her chosen pet names for her Pokémon. A slight tinge arose in her cheeks before quickly fading as she regained her composure.

"My Kricketune. His name is Fiddle."

"I see," said Byron, sweeping his hair from his face. "Will Fiddle be fighting my team today, then? I see you are only carrying one Poké Ball with you."

"Nope. Today I have with me a new friend. A little on the quiet side, but I think we've already grown close enough to trust him with this."

"Hmph. Trainer, you m-"

"Sophie," she interrupted, cutting across the Leader harshly enough to cause a stir among the onlooking Trainers. "My name is Sophie."

"I see. Sophie, you may have defeated my son with one Pokémon, but know this - he is still very inexperienced. However unlikely it may have been, I am not terribly surprised he allowed for his loss to happen. His will is strong, but his strategy is weak. Both are important qualities for a Gym Leader to possess."

Sophie had had enough. She pulled the Poké Ball from her belt, clicking the button to expand it to its full size.

"Impatient, I see," muttered Byron. "Very well. If it's a fight you want, it's a fight you've got, no matter how cocky you may be. As the Gym Leader of Canalave City, I accept your challenge!"

He pulled a Poké Ball from a tool belt, hurling it into the centre of the platform. A strange, metallic creature arose from the core - Magneton. It crackled with electricity, arcs sparking between the poles of each magnet.

"Bring it on, Sophie," he sneered. All eyes were on the girl. What Pokémon had she enlisted for her challenge?

"Go, Confused!"

A burst of light forced everybody to shield their eyes. When it faded, the light had been replaced with a Lucario, hunkering down on all fours.

"Type advantage, I know," admitted Sophie. "But this Lucario is a little different. Very quiet, very reserved. And he's still going to destroy your team. How'd you like that, Byron?"

The last sentence was louder than the others, once more echoing off the walls. It had the desired effect; a flash of anger spread across Byron's face.

"We'll see about that, won't we? Magneton, Thunderbolt!"

"Dodge it, Confused!"

Before Byron or Magneton had time to react, the Lucario had darted aside, moving so fast an illusory copy hung in the air for the shortest of moments before the burst of electricty shattered it into a thousand pieces.

"No..."

"As I said, he's a little different. But still highly effective. Don't you agr-"

"Magneton, Metal Sound!"

Before Sophie could complete her sentence, an ear-splitting screech swallowed the entire area, forcing her hands to her head. Lucario, or "Confused" as Sophie had named him, was clearly in pain, but retaliated by darting towards the Magneton, swirling around in what could almost be described as a dance. Next thing Byron knew, Magneton had been struck by twin paws, piercing its metallic exterior as if it had been made of rice paper.

"Magneton, return..."

The disappointment in Byron's voice was unmistakable. He had anticipated an easy fight. Instead his Magneton had been reduced to scrap metal before he could even blink. No matter. Gym Leaders weren't beaten after a single mishap, no way. That Lucario might be able to dodge a directed attack, but what if the attack couldn't be dodged?

"Steelix, come on out!"

The thrown ball was sent spinning away by the fearsome mass that emerged. All around the room, Trainers cheered for Byron, urging him on. They all knew first-hand the power that Steelix wielded, especially when on the narrow platform four floors above the ground. The girl had had one lucky escape; it would not happen again.

"Your Lucario won't be dodging this, I'm afraid," breathed Byron. "Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. Steelix, show that Lucario who's the real Steel around here!"

The iron snake powered its tail into the ground, sending out shockwaves that shook the entire building in its foundations. Byron held onto a small railing, looking on expectantly, but Lucario had been ready. The small Pokémon rose from its crouching position, dashing into the air. Behind it lay more of the illusory copies that Byron had seen before. Just what was going on...?

The tremors came to a stop, but still Lucario kept moving. It was just possible to make out a small blur encircling the Steelix's body, barely identifiable among the duplicates. Eventually it stopped, leaving just enough time to deliver a powerful strike to the back of Steelix's head. The Pokémon bucked with pain, attempting to throw Lucario off, but it leapt gracefully off, landing with a roll neatly on Sophie's end of the platform. It seemed unhurt. Barely even out of breath.

The Steelix hauled itself back up, clearly made of sterner stuff than the Magneton had been. It was weak though, and wouldn't be up to taking another attack.

The girl ordered another assault as Steelix slammed down its tail once more. This time, however, the Lucario was caught off guard and stumbled, falling down before reaching its target. The sickening crunch of bone was audible even above the rattle of the platform.

"Ha!" roared Byron, cupping his hands around his mouth to make himself heard. "Just like I said! Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide! Steelix, finish it!"

The Steelix darted forward, seemingly about to crush the Lucario underneath its sheer weight. Its body crashed into the ground, but Lucario wasn't there. In its place was an empty glass bottle, which promptly shattered and embedded itself in Steelix's body.

Perched upon the Steelix's head was Lucario, wiping an errant fleck of milk from its lips. It nodded to Sophie, awaiting her command.

"Didn't you know, Byron?" asked Sophie. "Milk is good for you. Keeps your bones nice and strong. Confused, Rock Smash, now!"

The Lucario nodded once more and powered its fists into Steelix's head, driving a crack that spread down to its neck. Unconsciousness was immediate. Steelix fell to the ground without resistance, Byron quickly calling it back to its ball.

After the chaos of the Earthquakes, the Gym lay deathly silent. The cheering Trainers had stopped. The defeat of Steelix was not the end, not even close, but even now people were starting to mutter. Was this girl and her Lucario truly stronger than their Gym Leader's entire team?

"I have one Pokémon left," said Byron in a flat voice. "You have one Pokémon left. We are evenly matched. I wish you luck, Sophie. You shall be needing it. Bastiodon, you're up!"

The Pokémon that emerged looked oddly familiar, Sophie thought. From a bygone age, just like Oldie, her Rampardos. It looked tough, but already Confused was eying it up, searching for weak spots. The Bastiodon was searching around itself, trying to identify the true Lucario from the ghostly copies still hanging in the air.

"Confused, go for another Rock Smash!"

Lucario didn't need to be told twice. One of the copies dashed forward, materialising just in time to deliver a powerful blow to the Bastiodon's head. The force was sufficient to blow the Pokémon back, feet struggling to find purchase on the metal platform, almost crashing into Byron himself. Already it was badly hurt, and the Berry that Byron gave it only helped so much.

"We can do it, Bastiodon! We know where it is, hit it with your Stone Edge!"

Pieces of rock dislodged themselves from the Bastiodon's back, shooting out towards Lucario, but it had gone. Disappeared back into the fray, impossible to pick out. The sheer speed of Byron's opponent had been overwhelming. The look on his eye suggested he had already given up.

"You can win this, Byron!" called a Trainer from the floor below. Sophie looked down to the source of the voice. She recognised the man; he had used a powerful Scizor as his sole Pokémon. It had been the only other Pokémon in the Gym that Confused had had any trouble with, although he had eventually pulled through using the same blitz of speed he was demonstrating now. Interesting how the toughest matches were always from those with a single Pokémon by their side.

Byron shook his head, giving one last order to his Bastiodon. The command for an Iron Defence. Going on the defensive wasn't his style at all, but it was the only chance he had of surviving the onslaught. Bastiodon braced itself, preparing for the blow.

Lucario dashed forward without even waiting for the command; it had seen an opening. Bastiodon was focusing on defending its front, using its shielded skull to deflect attacks. The back was wide open. The copy hanging behind shot forward, sending the Bastiodon toppling down, no longer able to support its own weight. Lucario had won.

"Bastiodon, return."

Byron seemed calm. Composed. A strange contrast to his demeanour a minute previously.

"Congratulations, Sophie," he said, nodding his head to the girl. "I see now why my son had his difficulties with you. I dare say he will be amused by today's events."

Sophie said nothing, instead kneeling beside her Lucario. The illusory copies had vanished, leaving behind a single blue jackal. It was panting heavily, but otherwise seemed completely healthy.

"You did amazing, Confused," said Sophie, giving the Pokémon a hug. The Lucario didn't seem to know how to respond, eventually settling with resting its arms on Sophie's shoulders.

"Now," said Byron. "You have defeated me, a Gym Leader, in an official Pokémon battle. I must therefore confer upon you the Mine Badge. Your sixth badge, if I'm not mistaken?"

"That's right," Sophie nodded, still kneeling by her Pokémon.

"Well then, I imagine your next destination will be Snowpoint City. It's a long trek, but I have no doubt in my mind that you will cope. With that Mine Badge, you'll be allowed entry. Good luck, Sophie. I hope one day we may battle again. Both of us, with our full strength."

"I'd like that."

The girl turned and stepped onto the elevator, Lucario following closely behind. The battle had been tough, but Lucario had ultimately prevailed. Who only knew what challenges awaited it and the rest of the team next on the road to Snowpoint City...

It's been a while since I've written anything, so I hope it turned out okay. It was certainly a lot of fun to write!

Confused (Lv39 Lucario) @ Fist Plate
Nature: Naughty (+Atk, -SpD)
Ability: Inner Focus
Moveset: Rock Smash | Swords Dance | Double Team | Toxic

The star of the show. Once he's set up... well, see above for what happens! The newest addition to the team may well be one of the best.

Fiddle (Lv38 Kricketune) @ Razor Fang
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Ability: Swarm
Moveset: X-Scissor | Rock Smash | Slash | Aerial Ace

Pretty much outclassed by Confused and Oldie in terms of pure power, but the coverage he provides is really helpful. He's still stronger than you'd expect, especially if Rock Smash scores a Defence drop!

Lola (Lv38 Buneary) @ Quick Claw
Nature: Gentle (+Def, -SpD)
Ability: Run Away
Moveset: Return | Agility | Baton Pass | Jump Kick

Not too much has changed for Lola, though she's rather upset about losing the title of fastest team member to Confused! Come level 45, she'll definitely be taking that one back. AgiliPass is as fun as always, and STAB max happiness Return still hurts a decent amount. Plus, y'know, she's a Buneary. <3

Oldie (Lv39 Rampardos) @ Shell Bell
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
Ability: Mold Breaker
Moveset: AncientPower | Pursuit | Zen Headbutt | Surf

I still love Oldie. Two physical and two special attacks means he can stay out as long as necessary no matter which attack gets locked off. Zen Headbutt is his most powerful attack, but the others all do a decent amount, even Surf.

Purify (Lv38 Meditite) @ Mind Plate
Nature: Mild (+SpA, -Def)
Ability: Pure Power
Moveset: Brick Break | Calm Mind | Confusion | Grass Knot

Got to admit that Purify has slowly been declining in usage. Brick Break demolishes everything that doesn't resist it, but he's getting really frail so it's hard to set up a Calm Mind or two. Medicham will be >some< improvement there, but I have no idea when you actually get to go to the Distortion World where I can try to evolve him. Watch this space, I guess?

Can'tdoit (Lv42 Piplup) @ Amulet Coin
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Ability: Torrent
Moveset: Pound | Growl | Peck | Mist

Everybody's favourite retarded penguin. I think I've said everything I need to about this guy before, but I'll say it again; he's pretty much deadweight. Useful for death/healing fodder (I play on Set), but that's really about it at this point. I'll need to grind him up a few more levels before I head up towards Snowpoint City, since he's not allowed to be levelled up at all while going there and I can't risk having to backtrack to avoid everybody overtaking his level. Can'tdoit, that's a wall. The door's five feet to your right. You're not a Ghost type, stop trying to walk through it.

I present you with Masquerade/ Brooster the Pidove.

The entire challenge depends on the first Pidove you see and it’s gender. If it’s a boy name it Masquerade. If a girl, Brooster.

Masquerade challenge:

Masquerade is a very stuck up Pokemon, feeling like he has better plumage then all the other males. He has one goal in life, finding a mate. Because of his obsession with his looks and the way he hits on female pidoves and other bird Pokemon, he must learn Attract A.S.A.P. (You get it in Castelia form some girl in a building in the southern part of the city or something) and must use it on every female flying type you come across with. Just looking attractive just isn’t enough, Masquerade wants to show the ladies what they’re missing out on, so he puts on a little dance. A Featherdance to be exact. He puts on his little dance for every female he sees, lowering their guards, then breaking their hearts with a STAB attack (Normal or flying type move of your choice, which must be used after using Featherdance). He wants to let the female down easy, so he doesn’t use any attacks with 70 BP or more. When feeling threatened by other males, he uses Taunt. Tuant must be used on all male Pokemon that Masquerade battles. Later on if you feel like, you can replace Taunt for Swagger. Your choice. One day Masquerade falls in love with Skyla’s Unfezant and tries to prove his strengths to her by soloing Skyla and taking down her comrades.

Sum it up:
Must learn Attract ASAP. (From TM)
Always start out with Attract when fighting a female flying type.
Must use Featherdance (level 44) once on every female pokemon that he battles, then follow up with a STAB (Normal or Flying type move) attack whose BP does not surpass 70 BP.
Must start out with Taunt/Swagger (Your choice) (Level 27/49/TM) when battling a male Pokemon.
Must solo Skyla.

Brooster challenge:

Brooster is a very a calm and gentle Pokemon who has amazing flying capabilities, but is very modest about it. She has one goal in life, finding a mate. Because of her Caring and gentle nature, she wants to prove to males that she can take care of younger Pokemon, so she uses Roost. Roost must be learned A.S.A.P. and must be used in every battle. Being able to take care of offspring isn’t enough. She wants to show males that she’s dependable. She can detect things very well with her keen eyes making her able to protect her eggs. She must always uses detect when her opponent is a lower level. Brooster knows that males look for females with good flying abilities, so she must use a flying type move on every male Pokemon she sees. She feels that if she severely hurts the male, she ruins her chances with them so she can’t use a flying type move with more than 60 BP. Unfortunately Brooster is very shy when it comes to interacting with other female flying type Pokemon, therefor, cannot participate in battle with them, but this all changes when she comes across Skyla’s Unfezant. Brooster becomes overwhelmed with jealousy in how Skyla’s Unfezant can get any male Unfezant without even trying , so she asserts dominance and solos Skyla’s team. After beating Skyla’s Pokemon, Brooster gains confidence when using flying type moves and can only use moves with 80 BP or higher. Brooster also overcomes her fear of other Female flying types and can battle them all she wants. But she still refuses to use any flying type moves against them, for she is still very modest about her flying capabilities. In order to participate in any E4 battles Brooster must breed at least three eggs.

Sum it up:
Must learn Roost A.S.A.P (level 18)
Roost must be used in every battle Brooster fights in.
Must always use Detect (Level 23) in a battle if her opponent is a lower level.
Must always use a Flying type move whose BP cannot surpass 60 BP when fighting a male.
Cannot battle a female Flying type.
Must solo Skyla.
After soloing Skyla Can only use flying type moves whose BP is 80 or greater and can battle Female Flying types but can’t use any flying type moves on them.
Must breed and hatch 3 eggs before E4.

Hope ya like it. :) Sorry for unnecessary capitalization in some words.

To quote Pinkie Pie, I am just about to be brilliant!

Butterfree, you get a male Axew!

Go find yourself a male Axew and name it whatever you want! This, is MagicMissingno's grand love challenge!

What is the grand love challenge? It means that this Pokemon is gonna have some romance! At the time of catching your Axew, he will fall in love with one of your female Pokemon. The challenge revolves around that specific Pokemon.

Axew has fallen in love with one of the girls on your team. He will try to get her attention in any way possible, especially through dance. Axew must learn Dragon Dance ASAP and use it in every battle. If the girl of his dreams should fall to a Pokemon and is not in a solo challenge, Axew becomes royally pissed and will unleash attack after attack until the battle is over or he is knocked out. Whenever his girl is getting healed away from battle, he must take the damage from the attacking Pokemon. He also must solo Iris to impress his girl.

So to summarize,
A male Axew, call him what you want
Must fall in love with one of your female Pokemon when caught
Must learn dragon Dance ASAP and use it in every battle once
Must unleash attack after attack if his loved Pokemon is koed until the battle is over or he is koed himself
Must be a meat shield when you heal his loved Pokemon
Must solo Iris

Have fun, and please don't have him be perverted.

Unique challanges you're getting, Butterfree. :P at least you don't have Tetrinity's poor, very challenged penguin o.o Also, very nice update, Tetrinity. :)

Confused's battle was less confusing that I thought :P

I really didn't expect that Confused would be this close to MVP O_O

Lets keep up the Awesome updates!!!!

I'm gonna have my Shuckle, aptly named Stupid, do a few humorous things, which will irritate my character greatly. Even though my story's gonna be a fair bit darker then the canon Pokemon, it doesn't mean I'm going to have it make people want to cry from sadness when they read it.

I imagine depicting Can'tdoit as a comical Pokémon will not exactly be difficult. :p

Quite a few Scramblemons were dropped as an egg... mind you, according to canon Can'tdoit was cursed by Arceustar in some manner best left to the reader's imagination. As an egg, yes, but still.

@Tetrinity: Lmao, well, RWZB gave me a pretty screwed up Shuckle, but it isn't even close to being as bad as your horribly demented Piplup. I lucked out, honestly, since RWZB wanted to make it ten times worse then what I got. <~<

Well confused's egg was taken care of by steel types instead of fighting types. You know how they say that babies can hear things before they are born? Well, the steel types that took care of Confused's egg were all about defensive battling. Confused just took that up and never turned back.

@Tetrinity: Lmao, well, RWZB gave me a pretty screwed up Shuckle, but it isn't even close to being as bad as your horribly demented Piplup. I lucked out, honestly, since RWZB wanted to make it ten times worse then what I got. <~<
At least Piplup is easy to manage! I have a fixed moveset, I can't use him in a few fights, he can't use Peck if it'd be supereffective and I can't level him up in a few places. Difficult restrictions, but easy enough to remember. You have to consult a massive table to update a score when pretty much anything ever happens. :p

And I like that origin story for Confused :) the Scizor he fought in the Gym must've been a bit of an eye-opener, eh? Almost everything else in that place was a Steelix though, so maybe he just thought the Scizor was a bit weird. :D

Thinking about it... something really bad must've happened to Purify too. I blame Team Galactic, if only because trying to solo the leaders with a Meditite right now is proving exceptionally difficult. Golbats, Golbats everywhere...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)