International Wi-Fi Tournament - 2012 Spring Friendly - WON BY JIVETIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
all registered, once again will primarily use team:goatee on my regular white version while using once again team:ee on my black rom version

Both greetings indicate YO I'M OLD MAN or something to that effect.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Dozz from the East of England is in on this one. I doubt i'll play as much as the international tourney, but maybe I'll get a few more battle against smogoners this time.

Just signed up! Went on a 10 win streak in random matchup today so im feeling pretty darn confident with meh team:

Good luck to all who compete! :D

Just registered yesterday morning as "Gen'ei" from South-East/West (I can't remember lol) England. I believe my 'phrase' is: Good luck! HERE I COME!

My team just peaked #14 on Skarmbliss (by far the highest I've ever peaked), so I'm going to do better with mah free time. GL to all!

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have entered, Havak from North West, United Kingdom. I don't have a team yet, so I might try to get some Pokémon today and come up with something.

In other news, for those who didn't notice. The GBU Upgrade next month will add a 'Report' feature for the GBU, which I assume will allow us to point out people who disconnected, which in turn will hopefully will cut the disconnecting down.

I have entered, Havak from North West, United Kingdom. I don't have a team yet, so I might try to get some Pokémon today and come up with something.

In other news, for those who didn't notice. The GBU Upgrade next month will add a 'Report' feature for the GBU, which I assume will allow us to point out people who disconnected, which in turn will hopefully will cut the disconnecting down.
If thats the case I can imagine people raging because of hax and reporting people as if they disconnected.

Just registered yesterday morning as "Gen'ei" from South-East/West (I can't remember lol) England. I believe my 'phrase' is: Good luck! HERE I COME!

My team just peaked #14 on Skarmbliss (by far the highest I've ever peaked), so I'm going to do better with mah free time. GL to all!
Let me just warn you that playing on Skarmbliss really isn't like playing on a DS. There are differences between the metagames, or at least there was for the previous tournament. However, seeing as the Japanese metagame is cut off from this tournament, your performance on Skarmbliss might be more indicative of your ability in this tournament.

keep in mind that there are going to (probably) also be a lot of players who aren't good as well, so either way you're bound to win some.

I just went 116 in a row undefeated in GBU before getting my second loss ever since one against a 3000 something wins japanese player when i had around 60. Since the japanese aren't playing though, I think I'm confident with my team.

I'm in. Ryan from Texas with a trainer phrase: "Hitmontop? I didn't see that coming!"

There is no prize for winning this right?

I'll be under 'ZachDro' from Wisconsin on one, and I'll have a second game cart for my other one, most likely my brother's.

I'm ready to post the live scores thread the day before it starts- I have the thread pretty much completely formatted, and I've got a Google Docs page linked and ready to roll as to not create a megathread. If you could post the link to the live scores thread once it's open on the OP of this thread that would be fantastic!

Also Nickscor- you might want to encourage people to keep track of their disconnects on the OP (like please do it XD). The wins, losses, and rating are easy to check, but DCs can help people not panic later on, or can help them understand why or why not they were not included in ratings. There were too many posts about people scared about their DC rating being too high or not sure what it was, and it's a nice thing to know, especially when keeping tabs on a ratings page.

Also for the sake of sanity (to everyone), DON'T DISCONNECT ON OTHERS, even if you get BSed out of a match against something stupid awful! Many people are on alts, also, so odds are you will be found. Just be honest, hax is part of the game, don't pick it up if you can't accept that =/

EDIT: No physical prize Tan, but the solace of knowing your team is capable and you can play well against a large majority of other players is a good enough reward haha.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As we found out last time, if you disconnect you'll be paired up with other disconnectors so it's a bad idea to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)